[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How come the Association Fishmongers will not buy my fish?

I fished up some crayfish and angelfish my first time fishing and sold them to the Fishmonger in Velika to get the increased gold (he wouldn't buy one other type, so I sliced it up instead). The next day I went fishing again and caught more of those two fish, but the Fishmonger at the Fishery and in Velika will not buy them from me again.
Why can't I sell the same fish to a Fishmonger that I had sold once before to him?
Do the types of fish they buy rotate day-to-day or what?
The Fishmonger had bought them before, but now the same NPC will not buy them again. I got fish on me that is rapidly approaching the "Best by" date -- do I have to dump them on a regular merchant for a lot less gold?
Or do I have to go to a third Fishmonger and see if that NPC will buy them?
I tried 2 separate earth days to sell these fish, and it appears that what they will buy does not change day-to-day, except for not buying the same thing I sold them a previous day.
Does the game have a daily reset time, and, if so, when does it reset the daily events? Please include a time zone -- I read something about a reset at 8 o'clock, but it didn't say what time zone or AM/PM time.

Best Answers

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Ranse wrote: »
    Do the types of fish they buy rotate day-to-day or what?

Yes, they change day-to-day. It's not a strict rotation, as far as I'm aware, so there is no guarantee that something will be bought every other day or something like that. The only thing that will stay constantly available is the six BAFs.
    Does the game have a daily reset time, and, if so, when does it reset the daily events? Please include a time zone -- I read something about a reset at 8 o'clock, but it didn't say what time zone or AM/PM time.

Daily reset times that I've managed to keep track of:
    - Vanguards: 4 AM PDT (The weekly for them is on Tuesday, same time. The Vanguard Requests window has a countdown for both.)
    - Elite bar: 1 AM PDT
    - Ghillieglade instance: 10 am PDT (this also seems to hold for the Rewards Emporium instance)

I think the daily green quests (and the daily event quests, when any are active) also reset with the vanguards, but I've honestly stopped trying to keep track (let alone doing them consistently enough for it to matter for me).

The other stuff has moved around too much for me reliably know when it resets. I've honestly also stopped caring, some patch is going to change it before long anyway, as always.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Fishmonger changes at 11pm PDT every day
  • JoBeanJoBean ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You're able to see which ones he is buying and if you hold your cursor over the fish he's buying it will tell you which fisheries you're able to catch them at.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Ranse wrote: »
    So I guess I will just keep trying to sell these fish to a Fishmonger until they buy them or they expire. I take it a Fishmonger will not buy it after they expire, so then I guess I will dump them on a regular merchant.

Or, when u log in, if u at velika or highwatch, u can just check the fishmonger what is the fish they are buying today. The fishmonger npc is also in velika and highwatch. Hover your mouse over the fishes on the list, it will show which fishery have the fishes, then buy teleport scroll to that fishery. And then fish away. This way u will always fish the right fish.

Also, its better to dismantle the extra fishes into fish fillet. Because the fishmonger also buy fish crate. And fish fillet is one of the ingredient. In case u really want to go into fishing profession.. Its up to u.

:smile:

Answers

• RanseRanse ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply.

So I guess I will just keep trying to sell these fish to a Fishmonger until they buy them or they expire. I take it a Fishmonger will not buy it after they expire, so then I guess I will dump them on a regular merchant.
  • RanseRanse ✭✭
    Yes, I logged out at the Velika Fishmonger after 0100 CDT to see if I can sell them when I logged back in, and when I logged back in, the same fish were being bought (I learned tonight it resets at 0100 CDT). So I will just try again after the reset. The Stone Marano(?) that he would not buy I sliced up.
    But I am trying to get started in crafting, and it looks like all the plans are for level 65+ -- I cannot start making fish crates until I reach 65, right? In fact, it looks like you cannot do any crafting at all till you are 65+ and can buy the plans for the item. Right?
  • Yes, you need to be 65 to craft.