Need advice

So i recently upgraded all my gear to frostmetal and upgraded my jewelry to daylight and got new inner armor from the sun festival. All of this got me me to ilvl 438. But it feels like i should be 439 or 440. I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong or if this is the way its supposed to be? Has everyone had the same experience? I feel like my ilvl should be high enough to run the mid teir dungeons to properly get the mats i need to enchant my new gear. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Comments

• KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited July 18
    With full frostmetal, daylight accessories and that inner armor you should be at 441. Did you accidentally miss upgrading a piece or not put the circlet back on after upgrading it? I'm not sure how much this would affect your ilvl but when choosing the stats for your items did you choose the yellow (recommended) or did you choose a couple green on your armor?

You can post screenshots of your equipment here & we can take a look and maybe figure out why you're at 438 instead of 441 :)
  • Oh my goodness you were right!!! After reading your response i got online and checked my enchantment effects on my gear and changed all of them to the orange ones and BAM!!! Ilvl 441!!! I feel so silly!!! But thank you so so much!!!
  • Hey would you happen to know how often your ilvl increases between enchants after getting frostmetal gear? Like how much enchanting do i need to do before my ilvl increases.
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited July 22

I'm not sure on the answer to that question. It looks like it might go up a little bit but just a couple enchants wont make much of a difference in ilvl. I will check on my mystic this week if I enchant her frostmetal stuff a little more and will let you know how much it went up or if it went up at all.

• > @KozyEmi said:
    > I'm not sure on the answer to that question. It looks like it might go up a little bit but just a couple enchants wont make much of a difference in ilvl. I will check on my mystic this week if I enchant her frostmetal stuff a little more and will let you know how much it went up or if it went up at all.

Thank you for getting back to me! I'll try to do the same! I look forward to knowing what you find out.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod

It would depend on the specific stat of each piece of gear. (i.e the chest has a higher stat than the glove do) Since Item level is based on the average of the individual item levels of your gear, the lowest number items bring that level down more while the higher numbers bring it up the most. So to increase your item level, you'd want to balance your numbers around the desired item level. Not exactly the answer you were wanting, but I hope that helps a little @Tazun

• > @Exipheus said:
    > It would depend on the specific stat of each piece of gear. (i.e the chest has a higher stat than the glove do) Since Item level is based on the average of the individual item levels of your gear, the lowest number items bring that level down more while the higher numbers bring it up the most. So to increase your item level, you'd want to balance your numbers around the desired item level. Not exactly the answer you were wanting, but I hope that helps a little @Tazun

Actually that makes sense! After i completely upgraded my gear to frostmetal i was at 441. But i didn't get to 442 until i upgraded everything, weapon, robe, gloves, shoes, to +2. Oddly enough though after enchanting everything again to +3 i got to 443. So yeah it makes sense but I'm still somehow confused at the same time because i was expecting a consistent pattern.

@Tazun said:
    > @Exipheus said:
    > It would depend on the specific stat of each piece of gear. (i.e the chest has a higher stat than the glove do) Since Item level is based on the average of the individual item levels of your gear, the lowest number items bring that level down more while the higher numbers bring it up the most. So to increase your item level, you'd want to balance your numbers around the desired item level. Not exactly the answer you were wanting, but I hope that helps a little @Tazun

Actually that makes sense! After i completely upgraded my gear to frostmetal i was at 441. But i didn't get to 442 until i upgraded everything, weapon, robe, gloves, shoes, to +2. Oddly enough though after enchanting everything again to +3 i got to 443. So yeah it makes sense but I'm still somehow confused at the same time because i was expecting a consistent pattern.

The gear stat doesn't go up every enchant. I think it's every 2 or 3 that the stat number increases, at least from what I've noticed.

• > @Exipheus said:
    > @Tazun said:
    > > @Exipheus said:
    > > It would depend on the specific stat of each piece of gear. (i.e the chest has a higher stat than the glove do) Since Item level is based on the average of the individual item levels of your gear, the lowest number items bring that level down more while the higher numbers bring it up the most. So to increase your item level, you'd want to balance your numbers around the desired item level. Not exactly the answer you were wanting, but I hope that helps a little @Tazun
    >
    > Actually that makes sense! After i completely upgraded my gear to frostmetal i was at 441. But i didn't get to 442 until i upgraded everything, weapon, robe, gloves, shoes, to +2. Oddly enough though after enchanting everything again to +3 i got to 443. So yeah it makes sense but I'm still somehow confused at the same time because i was expecting a consistent pattern.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The gear stat doesn't go up every enchant. I think it's every 2 or 3 that the stat number increases, at least from what I've noticed.

Your right it does. I've been stuck at 444 after enchanting everything again from +5 to plus +6 and still no increase as of yet. +7 will probably be the magic number!

@Tazun said:
    > @Exipheus said:
    > @Tazun said:
    > > @Exipheus said:
    > > It would depend on the specific stat of each piece of gear. (i.e the chest has a higher stat than the glove do) Since Item level is based on the average of the individual item levels of your gear, the lowest number items bring that level down more while the higher numbers bring it up the most. So to increase your item level, you'd want to balance your numbers around the desired item level. Not exactly the answer you were wanting, but I hope that helps a little @Tazun
    >
    > Actually that makes sense! After i completely upgraded my gear to frostmetal i was at 441. But i didn't get to 442 until i upgraded everything, weapon, robe, gloves, shoes, to +2. Oddly enough though after enchanting everything again to +3 i got to 443. So yeah it makes sense but I'm still somehow confused at the same time because i was expecting a consistent pattern.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The gear stat doesn't go up every enchant. I think it's every 2 or 3 that the stat number increases, at least from what I've noticed.

Your right it does. I've been stuck at 444 after enchanting everything again from +5 to plus +6 and still no increase as of yet. +7 will probably be the magic number!

It's okay, I keep doing the same lol wondering when my item level will actually go up.

• I must thanks you to share this most awesome information
    Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e