[PC] Maintenance is completed!

Tera improvement ideas

This is a list of improvements that would make Tera more enjoyable experience. I have returned to this game 3 times and have plaid with 6-7 characters and each time the group l have plaid with has disbanded, because they and l haven't felt like this game feels rewarding at all in most aspects in general. I have also studied as and software developer for a couple of years so l know that the most impacting of these improvements are easy to change in the game. (Even through they might take time to implement.) I most likely have more ideas, but currently l don't remember them all. I hope an Tera employee or developer notices this and maybe gets the idea forward.

Loot
Get rid of tokens: it removes the value of the dropped items from bosses.
Get rid of soulbound in most items: this adds value to items, sense they can be traded in trade broker.
Guests should give equipment less often as a reward and more money and xp: This makes the equipment drops more valuable.
Dropped loot's stats should be always randomized instead of giving them in a state where the player gets to choose them themselves: This adds value to the items and improves economy.
Loots dropped from bosses should be more randomized so the more rare items would actually have some value when getting them. This also adds value to the items and improves economy.
Give players with higher experience a chance to grind the lower level dungeons for the loot drops. This gives players more stuff to do and is another way to make money.
Stop handing out random consumables to everyone so much. People rarely use them.

Experience points
Half the experience gained in everything and if it is too easy to gain levels in the game until its closer to the level cap. if there is prosentual xp gain from stuff other than gathering, crafting and fishing then it should be changed to flat xp gain. (for example every monster and boss type should have their own flat xp: This makes it more valuable to grind in basic areas instead of skipping them altogether and just going for dungeons and quests.

Crafting
Crafting should not be unaccessable to the lower level players. instead it should be much more expensive to buy the recipes(like 1000 gold?): This opens up options for players to make money with more effort, which makes it more rewarding.
Making craftable gatherable items more valuable.

Fishing
Money gained from each fish tier should be more different.
Money gained from fishing altogether should be nerfed.
Autofishing should be nerfed in higher tiers, sense it is harder to fish manually in higher tiers (for example make the wait timer longer for auto fishing to start for each tier)

Money
Either lower the amount of money gained from everything by 80% or make another type of coin. (like platinum?): This makes it more reasonable for marketting and gets partly rid of the feeling of inflation in the game.

Enemies
Basic area enemies could have a chance of spawning an elite that drops unique items, which of course works for that level players.
Give bosses more attack types or make them a bit harder.

Daily rewards and parcel post
Change the rewards to be more balanced/useful

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna touch a bit on the Loot part

I do agree that some items shouldnt be soulbinded, but getting rid of tokens, well, that wont do for most. I just dont see the point at this time to get rid of the token system.

What i can say and everyone will agree with me on this, is that some rare items needed for crafting gear, SHOULD NOT drop only once or twice per dungeon run. Sure, there are pass [insert item name] runs, but everyone in the dungeon worked equally hard, so it just feels very underwhelming when only one party member gets to keep the rarest drop. Those kind of drops should be either:

- pick up one, and everyone gets it OR
    - boss drops an amount of the item equal to the number of party members (if there is 5 ppl, boss will drop 5 rare items, one for each person)

By now, new players want to get to lvl 65 as quick as possible, as thats when the game gets interesting (lets face it, no one likes to level up, and the leveling up even from a new player standpoint is rather boring and straightforward, best to just power through it to get to the good part)

So maybe, on your crafting section, a more detailed tutorial of crafting should be given at lvl 65. There is no use to have lower lvls get involved with crafting, that will only confuse them, make them spend unnecesary amounts of gold that they can use later on for their gear, and stray from the goal of reaching 65 which can be done in a single day.

I am no Kamizuma, but reducing the amount of gold earned as of now, even more? we already went through that, im sure we do not want it again.

Fishing is fine as it is imo, maybe just adjust the amount of materials required to get the highest tier of fishing rod so it can be more accessible to people of lower resources and time (farming 125 diamonds for the last 2 tiers is quite the ordeal, at least for me, as i need to separate diamonds for the rod, and for my own gear)

The only thing we ask about enemies, is to bring back the glory of the old BAMs, with higher HP pool, and better AI, and actual drops. I really enjoyed those times when you grouped with 4 other ppl to farm bams, it was an actual good training for tanks and healers too. Ever since the BAM nerf that was supposely done due to new players complaining BAMs were too difficult, we lost part of what made the game different.
  • ViennoiserieViennoiserie ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I wanna touch a bit on the Loot part
    Sure, there are pass [insert item name] runs, but everyone in the dungeon worked equally hard, so it just feels very underwhelming when only one party member gets to keep the rarest drop.

I agree with 'everyone should get equally rewarded' but IMO the idea that 'everyone worked equally hard' is not always true, especially over IMS. Usually the ones who drags the party down end up getting rewarded more (bc rng sux ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) .
  • Gonna start by saying this - i'm a complete noob, only been playing like 5 years and have each class 65+, so ya know...anyway, just some thoughts on your proposed "Improvements";

Loot:
    -Get rid of tokens - So people with bad rng can't get anything? no ty.
    -Get rid of soulbound in most items - That is actually disgusting...p2w much.
    -Quests should give equipment less often as a reward and more money and xp - Works pretty well low level and fits the game, and high level it is just giving you the base set...nothing to really change?
    -Dropped loot's stats should be always randomized instead of giving them in a state where the player gets to choose them themselves - That would be terrible and make gearing a new character even more terrible, like already takes long enough currently without making another level of rng on top...no ty...
    -Loots dropped from bosses should be more randomized so the more rare items would actually have some value when getting them. - Dunno if that last bit fits the first part of the sentence...but would be nice to actually get something ever, usually get nothing.
    -Give players with higher experience a chance to grind the lower level dungeons for the loot drops. - I'd have to say within reason here, like 25% drop rate or something so everything doesn't end up on broker for like 1 copper for the new players to just skip content easily.
    -Stop handing out random consumables to everyone so much. People rarely use them. - Are we playing the same game? Everyone I know uses tons of consumables, like doing content without them...well...in my experience you wouldn't be since you would be kicked from the party o-o

Experience:
    (Ok, honestly had no idea what you were talking about here <~<) I feel the exp before 65 is fine, a nice quick trip to 65, most people don't like a boring, long time to mid / end game, and not having all the skills is kinda boring when you can't chain everything well, best to get there quickly imo, especially since 1-65 is just the tutorial of the game basically.

Crafting:
    I agree it should be open to all levels, kinda weird how its not, but doesn't really matter tbh since all the crafting stuff is basically lvl 65+ anyway. "instead it should be much more expensive to buy the recipes(like 1000 gold?)" dunno what you mean by that tho, lol, only like the cheapest recipes are under 1k anyway, some even cost more than 100k... o-o

Fishing:
    I agree on all points, yea (also do something about the fish bots pls)

Money:
    Wtf? lol no, firstly lowering the amount by 80%, which is just stupid in general, people already have HUGEEE stockpiles of money, and they would just be the rulers of the economy even more...But about changing to give platinum coins...thats completely pointless and would just be weird to basically all players currently, especially considering how it would be changed.

Enemies:
    Can't agree on that first one, basically just a surprise bam that, if the player is new, just destroys them, and for endgame, might as well just be the world bams, so I feel it is fine (other than world bams STILL having last hit only loot? WTF, whoever thought of that...that is...just..."Special")
    As for the giving enemies more attacks, yea, would be cool.

Daily rewards and parcel post:
    If you mean calendar, preach, if you mean like vanguards and stuff... I think its fine... o-o
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you trying to make everyone quit Tera with all those proposed changes?
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭

rng , p2w , players grind all the time . video games need money and don't do charity , ALL are bussiness

• @NKEDXA5HMF said:
    Loot
    Get rid of soulbound in most items: this adds value to items, sense they can be traded in trade broker.
    Guests should give equipment less often as a reward and more money and xp: This makes the equipment drops more valuable.
    Dropped loot's stats should be always randomized instead of giving them in a state where the player gets to choose them themselves: This adds value to the items and improves economy.
    Loots dropped from bosses should be more randomized so the more rare items would actually have some value when getting them. This also adds value to the items and improves economy.
    Give players with higher experience a chance to grind the lower level dungeons for the loot drops. This gives players more stuff to do and is another way to make money.
    Stop handing out random consumables to everyone so much. People rarely use them.

So...restore Tera to how it was in 2015?

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

"Get rid of soulbound." That was all I needed to read to know the rest is not worth reading. Sure, everyone would love that until they get hacked and end up with nothing left in their account. Soulbound is the only thing keeping Tera off of the mainstream hacking grid.

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mythologique said:

@NKEDXA5HMF said:
    Loot

So...restore Tera to how it was in 2015?

2013 or 2014 would be better

• fix the client, the client is still running on x86 >.>