[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Error fff0:0000

Comments

• edited August 14

try this. uninstall gpu drivers and start the game or set w10 in safe mode+networking and turn on the game. if it starts, you've found the problem. how to fix it, idk

• I've tried those options and to no avail. TERA support hasn't been much of a help either. All of their suggestions so far have been steps I've already tried, or aren't working. Upgrading my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 has been a pain in the rear and I'm already regretting it. :(

• your pc specs?

• Currently have my Pc in SafeMode...When I try to load the launcher it will not and I’ll receive this error “Host_WindowsLoadTimeOut”
  • I chose SafeMode and Networking. I see I’m not connected to a Network. I can try just SafeMode
  • Host_WindowsLoadTimeOut can be related to a server problem. some players had this issue yesterday. just wait , it should repair on its own

• Even though I’m not connected to any network currently in SafeMode+Networking?
  • edited August 14

it's just a matter of waiting. it's a server problem

• > @leopilderiversama said:
    > it's just a matter of waiting. it's a server problem

Even the error fff0:0000 ?
  • edited August 14

for that error, it's been 3 days i'm trying to find a solution :( the only thing obtained is (maybe) the origin (for me): gpu drivers that have some incompatibility with this 64 bit patch
    do you have vpn on you pc? do you use controller\ keyboard\mouse on PS/2 port? what is you gpu (model)?

• I just use a keyboard and mouse like I’ve always have for years. I’m not the most computer savvy guy but..I downloaded it from Steam just now and I still have error code fff0:0000
  • > @ADMX3C7ECY said:
    > I just use a keyboard and mouse like I’ve always have for years. I’m not the most computer savvy guy but..I downloaded it from Steam just now and I still have error code fff0:0000

I have DirectX 12 too
  • If you get Host_WindowsLoadTimeOut and you're playing through Steam, the problem typically has to do with communication between Steam and the Launcher. Often in this case if you start the launcher directly (from the game's install folder), you will bypass this problem and you can login with your EME account.

One other point is that, if you are going to reinstall the game, please be sure to fully clean-up/remove the old game folder (after you uninstall), or install into a completely different location the second time. Otherwise some files may be left behind during the uninstall process and when you reinstall in the same location those same files could cause you a problem again.

In general at this point there seems to be some weird combinations of incompatibilities that haven't been fully identified, so even though you may not get good answers from support at the moment (because they don't know the problem either at this time), it's still good to send your diagnostic information so they can start to compare notes about people with the same problem to see what you all have in common. Unfortunately with the switch to 64-bit, the incompatible/conflicting program list needs to be rebuilt from scratch, and players in other regions may not use all the same programs we do. Hopefully there'll be more clarity as more data is collected.

• The only launcher folder I can find under TERA is “launcher” not “launcher.exe” I’ve looked everywhere to try and launch it under “launcher.exe” and also under administrator. I’ve tried everything I’ve read and could possibly do.
  • @ADMX3C7ECY said:
    The only launcher folder I can find under TERA is “launcher” not “launcher.exe” I’ve looked everywhere to try and launch it under “launcher.exe” and also under administrator. I’ve tried everything I’ve read and could possibly do.

On some machines the ".exe" part is hidden. If you see a file just called "launcher" and it has the old EME "blue sun" logo as an icon, that's the one.