The upgrade system is broken beyond repair

You grind for weeks to manage to obtain the items you need to upgrade armor/weapon/jewelry to have a chance in a cold day in hell to succeed, 10-15% chance of success for jewelry are you freaking kidding me? It takes a lot of time to collect all those items doing the same dungeons time after time to fail miserably time after time. Is this what the devs intended to keep you in forced labor? To do the same menial tasks time after time for a chance to get an upgrade that is close to impossible? To me this is just laziness from the developers, instead to create more content, new areas, more dungeons they decided to force players to jump through hoops like trained dogs to do the same things time after time to create this time black hole where players will spend their entire lives trying to fins Shangrila with no success. This is just ridiculous.

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the common design of Asian games unfortunately. When you play any Asian game of this type, you sing in for this grind.

But well, apparently you haven't touched the halidoms and relics yet XD
  • KantazoKantazo ✭✭

Nope not yet. lol

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is very much by design. The only solace with TERA's upgrade system is that your equipment doesn't turn into soup upon failure.
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭

what jewelry ??

if play tera ... forget the time .

• Just forget the relics and halidoms dont fcking think to upgrade it. We have enough cancer rng for ur whole time on tera.

I trying to upgrade my brooch into the amplification one, its failed 8 times and i dont have anymore devil's claws to intend upgrade again.
    Once i get it i will done in this game. I was happier keeping on sc set (just weap on +9) and collecting stuff.

nobody force you to upgrade to max ..

• I do not see any reason to complain. I mean they Literally give you to +8 before they make it damaged or something.

• lol you think that's bad? I already spent 1 million+ gold on my ninja trying to +9 her pvp weapon (and failed) and i'm out of purple plates and no one does shorehold, so I can't even farm anymore and I spent almost 900k just getting entropy thanks to bad rng haha. The whole system is a grind fest honestly, pets are impossible to max, pvp signature took me months and lots of failed tries, I spent almost 3 million trying to +3 my Heroic oath armor and getting gold in the game is easier, but with such bad rng, farming it back / farming the mats can be a real chore

...so yeah, this game is pretty sadistic with rng :(

• P.S if you go beyond III on halidoms and relics, rip your sanity as well, getting IV and V will make you pull your hair out

• LethalweaponLethalweapon ✭✭
    edited July 23

if wasn't enough keep our sanity with what we have, try new K-tera patch: https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/186489777823/ktera-patch-20190723

• PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭

@Lethalweapon said:
    if wasn't enough keep our sanity with what we have, try new K-tera patch: https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/186489777823/ktera-patch-20190723

press F

this WILL BE the final blow to w/e is left of tera's playerbase
    no point upgrading my +7 SC i guess

every patch people say " WILL BE the final blow" but still playing tera or afk in HW