[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

New Gear System (KTera)

Comments

• ReggieWarrholReggieWarrhol ✭✭
    edited July 25

See below please.

• ReggieWarrholReggieWarrhol ✭✭
    edited July 25

What I haven't seen mentioned here are the actual developer notes.
    So here they are https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fE-V1szphw5aX-Cpam0ksU2OjpIanpzidYPyM31sD50/edit

And yes Koreans aren't happy with it at all, it hasn't hit EU yet and they aren't thrilled there either.
    https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/76415-tera-s-upcoming-changes/
    The problem as a lot of people see it now is, it's basically impossible to level an alt, and that this change in gear pretty much wipes out all your work towards HO or even SC +7.

Not sure about any of it myself, I don't run any high end dungeons so it's not a worry.

• @ReggieWarrhol said:
    What I haven't seen mentioned here are the actual developer notes.
    So here they are https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fE-V1szphw5aX-Cpam0ksU2OjpIanpzidYPyM31sD50/edit

And yes Koreans aren't happy with it at all, it hasn't hit EU yet and they aren't thrilled there either.
    https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/76415-tera-s-upcoming-changes/
    The problem as a lot of people see it now is, it's basically impossible to level an alt, and that this change in gear pretty much wipes out all your work towards HO or even SC +7.

Not sure about any of it myself, I don't run any high end dungeons so it's not a worry.

"[Unique experience: Mythological Weapon?!]
    There will be an additional weapon with unique and special effects released, utilizing the Heroic Oath equipments, and they will be delivered at a later Developer’s Notes."

Maybe not everything is lost :o

• FainallFainall ✭✭

It looks like it's going to happen here too, we now have a new merchant by the bank in Highwatch that sell stuff for magic gear.

• RonLawRonLaw ✭✭

@Fainall said:
    It looks like it's going to happen here too, we now have a new merchant by the bank in Highwatch that sell stuff for magic gear.

He only sells 1 thing that the reg merchant doesn't sell

• Keep hearing about thisll change nothing and ppl are still going to keep their obscene damage anyway
  • Are Gold/Silver Talents obsolete now?

Does the new gear use Gold/Silver Talents still?

I have a lot of Talents hoarded, would suck if they became worthless.

• buffonsbuffons ✭✭

aren't the korea server populations barely hanging on by a thread at this point? so is this dev team really that incompetent or are they really trying to kill their own game to get people to play AIR? :s

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27

@NeoFrost said:

@BOBBYYYY said:
    why not test this major change with playerbase before releasing i don't get it...

Because they learned their lesson with Talismans. You drop a new system to the players on a test server, and they give you scathing reviews: they gain momentum for their wrath. You drop it directly to the live servers with no warning, and you have an initial backlash that gradually fades as people grow fatalistic regarding the outcome. That's why we can't shut up about this, because silence will eventually be regarded as compliance.

I think the biggest problems with Talismans were
    1) The perceived loss when converting over to the new system. And it was a loss, especially for classes that rely on 2x or higher CDR setups
    2) The amount of effort that had to be put into get back to where you were before the change.

Like, if they field tested the system we have now vs +15 awakening before running it live, I think the reception would have been relatively tame because there was almost no loss when converting over, and thus almost no effort to get back to where you were.

With this gearing system, we're essentially back to the two points I've just said: You lose quite a bit and you'll never be able to get it back. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is a strong financial loss for the players as well here, because buying materials from the store happens more readily than on NA.

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭

Something else I've just thought about is that this is probably Talismans 2.0.

This means that Krafton probably aren't going to back down from this because they've got at least a years worth of paid "development" invested into this new system. The only way to get Krafton to reverse the changes is for the entire (international) community to hit their profits and stop playing TERA over it (and it can be amazing hard to organise such an uprising. Just look at the attempts to hurt EME's profits everytime EME ignite their war against TERA proxy).

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

@Enlightening said:
    Are Gold/Silver Talents obsolete now?

Does the new gear use Gold/Silver Talents still?

I have a lot of Talents hoarded, would suck if they became worthless.

this is how p2w stabs you in the back.

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

what bhs realized is that not everyone running down ho gear so to make more g's they bring new gear that looks easier to get by killing bams and dungeon drops. and watch at the scam to no item xp needed. what next?

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

we have no footage or pictures of the new gear yet and players are ready to tell bhs keep that and smoke it in your pipe. Chill peps it may not be that bad its korean MMO lol.