[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

My characters hairstyle unexpectedly changed!

So I've been gone from Tera for some years.
When I looked over my Elin mystic. When I created her she had long hair. Years ago I bought the succubus costume. When I put on the horn headpiece it would change her long hair into this weird braided pigtails. I guess it was for the sake of the horns or something. I didn't mind it at the time, because when I removed the headpiece it would go back to her long hair.
Now, years later I came back; I decided to freshen things up and took her headpiece off, but her hair didn't change back. Now am I stuck with this hairstyle?! It costs almost $10 to change it back to how it was, I didn't even want it to change in the first place!

Please someone help me or at least point me in the direction to have this fixed.

Comments

• KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭

Can you post a screenshot of your character?

Do you have a costume item on in the back slot? Things like the butterfly wings and many other back slot items make the hair go into that upswept style. There are a couple of armor types and probably body costume items that will do that too.

I dont know if you are on xbox or ps4 but on xbox under the system then options then play there is an option that says use upswept hairdo that you can try turning off and see if that helps. If that works it will only work for what you see tho not for what others see on your character.

• ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod

@Hegoken said:
    So I've been gone from Tera for some years.
    When I looked over my Elin mystic. When I created her she had long hair. Years ago I bought the succubus costume. When I put on the horn headpiece it would change her long hair into this weird braided pigtails. I guess it was for the sake of the horns or something. I didn't mind it at the time, because when I removed the headpiece it would go back to her long hair.
    Now, years later I came back; I decided to freshen things up and took her headpiece off, but her hair didn't change back. Now am I stuck with this hairstyle?! It costs almost $10 to change it back to how it was, I didn't even want it to change in the first place!

Please someone help me or at least point me in the direction to have this fixed.

Going off the timeframe you mentioned, this sounds like you're talking about TERA PC. This is the TERA console forum and I think this would get a better response there so I'm going move it to those forums.

• I did further investigating into the matter and I found out what was going on.
    It's the succubus wings. When equipped with the costume wings, it changes certain Elin hairstyles. The funny thing is that it keeps the animal features (fox ears and tail).

So I was litterally running around with fox ears/tail, and ram horns AND devil horns. What a freak! lol
    I thought it was the succubus ears that caused it, so I tried changing hairstyles with a voucher, but I noticed the thumbnails didn't even match for some of them. The animal parts did, but not the hair.

I then started mucking around some more and decided to try and remove the wings, and BAM! hairstyle reverted to normal. The vouchers was showing the proper hairstyles and such.

Who knew wings on your back dictated your hair and added animal parts. Sheesh! Well looks like I got to set the wings aside if I don't want to be a freak hybrid of some sort.