[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Calendar broken?

Is it just me or is the calendar missing? I still get the list of active events, but my calendar (and list of logon buffs) is gone. I first noticed last night, and it's still gone this morning. The sub-menu to open the calendar also still shows I have 2 unclaimed rewards.

Comments

• me too....

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

From the discord:

Rox said:
    The Item Calendar has been temporarily disabled. We will get this re-enabled as soon as possible.

• BindorBindor ✭✭

BearShoes already posted something about this and there being some kind of exploit..

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/32226/update-on-item-calendar-and-fashion-coupon-shop-adjustments#latest

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭

its funny
    the calendar has be has been broken for ages with complaints made
    but now that there is an exploit there they look in to it
    well lets hope they fix the whole thing and properly

• DoctorDementoDoctorDemento Indiana, USA (BTW I've been playing here since late summer 2012, NOT 2016) ✭✭

Well it is still broken. Can't even see the daily rewards. So NOT FIXED. Imagine that. They love to take weeks or months or not at all to fix broken stuff. After years and years of this kind of stuff, it still annoys me when it happens.

• edited August 24

@DoctorDemento said:
    Well it is still broken. Can't even see the daily rewards. So NOT FIXED. Imagine that. They love to take weeks or months or not at all to fix broken stuff. After years and years of this kind of stuff, it still annoys me when it happens.

Yes, right now it is purposefully turned off. When there's an update, I'm sure they'll post about it, but it'll remain off for the indefinite future. It's not instead, but there is still a cumulative login event running right now where you can get rewards each day.

And yes, these sorts of unfixed bugs annoy me (time zone bug with the calendar was a particular pet peeve), but the selfish actions that required it to be shut down completely (and a bunch of fashion coupon items removed) annoy me a lot more.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:

Yes, right now it is purposefully turned off. When there's an update, I'm sure they'll post about it, but it'll remain off for the indefinite future. It's not instead, but there is still a cumulative login event running right now where you can get rewards each day.

And yes, these sorts of unfixed bugs annoy me (time zone bug with the calendar was a particular pet peeve), but the selfish actions that required it to be shut down completely (and a bunch of fashion coupon items removed) annoy me a lot more.

Really? Selfish actions? It's not like they used some type of script or exploit. From what I hear, it was a you could keep clicking kind of thing. Blaming those types of issues on players is just sad. Everything all fine for them script fisher people, but shame on you extra clickers for being such a greedy bunch. Such hypocrisy.

Just get rid of the calendar prizes already and make Fashion Lockboxes actually drop some Fashion Coupons instead of the junk that it drops now. I'd rather get drops of small amounts of FC than health pots and the rest of the junk currently dropped. If they'd just get rid of the garbage in all of their lootboxes as well, they'd sell a lot more of them. Meta emblems and that other stuff are such horrible prizes for handing over hard earned cash. I only mention this, because really the only decent prizes we get from the calendar are the 25 fashion coupons. The rest of the prizes are just an embarrassment that EME thinks any of that is a prize. It's really just a slap in the face at how cheap EME has become. At least their events are getting better, but the rest not so much.

• edited August 25

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:

Really? Selfish actions? It's not like they used some type of script or exploit. From what I hear, it was a you could keep clicking kind of thing. Blaming those types of issues on players is just sad. Everything all fine for them script fisher people, but shame on you extra clickers for being such a greedy bunch. Such hypocrisy.

Just FWIW, you heard wrong. It wasn't "keep clicking" by any stretch of the imagination; it was quite literally an exploit script. That some people are claiming that's what it was means they either a) don't know what was really happening, or b) are trying to justify something that would get them banned in any MMO in existence and are arguing in very bad faith.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

How did they do an exploit script that fast after the update? Or, have they been using the script for weeks and it was just noticed now? I'd bank on the latter.

Also, if that was the case, why did Bearshoes add in his post "If you see any bug/exploit." People don't just see exploits created by using scripts. From what you've commented, the exploit was created with a script. That's isn't something someone just sees. Either way, it's kind of hippocratic to allow some to use scripts while demonizing others. Cheaters will cheat as long as they can get away with it. Banning accounts they are using for scripts doesn't hurt their mains, so it will be interesting to see if anyone decides to go after the mains or not.

IMO cumulative events are more fun than things like the calendar.

@DoctorDemento said:

If it's allowing exploitations, just get rid of it. Until they start going after people's mains, these exploits are going to continue to be a problem. The elites always complain everything is too easy, yet so many script and bot in order to get ahead. Pretty sad really.

• edited August 25

@Christin said:
    How did they do an exploit script that fast after the update? Or, have they been using the script for weeks and it was just noticed now? I'd bank on the latter.

Suffice it to say the impact became more severe after the update leading to this urgent action.

Also, if that was the case, why did Bearshoes add in his post "If you see any bug/exploit." People don't just see exploits created by using scripts. From what you've commented, the exploit was created with a script. That's isn't something someone just sees.

Because there are a lot of ways you can "see" exploits happening. People talk. Code is shared. Effects are noticed. It's not just about "seeing" someone do something in-game directly. The point wasn't the verb "see" but that if you are made aware of an exploit via any means, you should report and not partake.

Either way, it's kind of hippocratic to allow some to use scripts while demonizing others.

It's really not hypocritical at all. Whether other exploits should be policed as aggressively or not (that's another debate), it's not like every "crime" is equal or deserves equal punishment, even if the tool used to commit the crime is the same. The problem isn't really the means they used to do the thing, it's the result. Some things are simply on a different scale, magnitude, or severity than others.

IMO cumulative events are more fun than things like the calendar.

Because of the issues with the calendar, I personally was also thinking that maybe more cumulative login events might be the way to go, but we'll see what happens.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:

Just FWIW, you heard wrong. It wasn't "keep clicking" by any stretch of the imagination; it was quite literally an exploit script. That some people are claiming that's what it was means they either a) don't know what was really happening, or b) are trying to justify something that would get them banned in any MMO in existence and are arguing in very bad faith.

It was not just an exploit script. Calendar dupe bug has been known for ages and I used to do it unknowingly, all it takes is for you to lag and click multiple times on the calendar out of frustration when the item doesn't pop up and there you have it, multiple items. Since I played with high ping this would happen often lol. GM's have been alerted like a couple of years ago, most regions don't even use the calendar for rewards but eme still does despite knowing about the bug. I'm sure someone made a script to make it more severe and impactful but it's easily reproducible by just lagging.

• @counterpoint said:

The cumulative login event seems broken on Kaiator now too. Did a couple vanguard requests but no reward. Is the reset later in the day?

• edited August 25

@CornishRex said:
    It was not just an exploit script. Calendar dupe bug has been known for ages and I used to do it unknowingly, all it takes is for you to lag and click multiple times on the calendar out of frustration when the item doesn't pop up and there you have it, multiple items. Since I played with high ping this would happen often lol. GM's have been alerted like a couple of years ago, most regions don't even use the calendar for rewards but eme still does despite knowing about the bug. I'm sure someone made a script to make it more severe and impactful but it's easily reproducible by just lagging.

The "reproducible just by lagging" aspect (or method of reproducing one facet of the issue to a limited degree) is not in any way what resulted in the action being taken. This isn't just about being able to script-click a UI button a lot or something.

@ChickenSticker said:
    The cumulative login event seems broken on Kaiator now too. Did a couple vanguard requests but no reward. Is the reset later in the day?

It looks like it has reset by now. It says at the bottom of the window that it resets at "8 daily" so I wonder if this is 8am PDT.

• DoctorDementoDoctorDemento Indiana, USA (BTW I've been playing here since late summer 2012, NOT 2016) ✭✭

First let me state I am a retired network engineer with 3 certs in programming. Been in computers for 48 years now. That said. If they can't fix a simple exploit, then they honestly need to fire their programmers and hire new ones. This is not rocket science and not a hard fix. No I am not going to fix it for them. If they can display the Calendar popup like it is, they are capable of displaying the real Calendar popup without the "bug". The bug should have been easily fixed years ago. It was bad programming from day one. These statements are a matter of fact. And then trying to palm off some lame excuse for it "not currently working" is well, not sufficient. But what blows my mind is the number of "clients" who make up even more lame excuses for them not fixing it or for taking their sweet time to fix a simple exploit bug. But not the first time this sort of problem has existed now is it? They seem to break the game with every single update for years and years don't they? Can you say quality control?

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@CornishRex said:

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:

Apparently, the exploit they are referring to is much more than the extra click lag glitch. Although the lag glitch does represent how desperate some are for FASHION COUPONS as I doubt people were trying to quick click for any of that other stuff.

@DoctorDemento said:
    First let me state I am a retired network engineer with 3 certs in programming. Been in computers for 48 years now. That said. If they can't fix a simple exploit, then they honestly need to fire their programmers and hire new ones. This is not rocket science and not a hard fix. No I am not going to fix it for them. If they can display the Calendar popup like it is, they are capable of displaying the real Calendar popup without the "bug". The bug should have been easily fixed years ago. It was bad programming from day one. These statements are a matter of fact. And then trying to palm off some lame excuse for it "not currently working" is well, not sufficient. But what blows my mind is the number of "clients" who make up even more lame excuses for them not fixing it or for taking their sweet time to fix a simple exploit bug. But not the first time this sort of problem has existed now is it? They seem to break the game with every single update for years and years don't they? Can you say quality control?

The real problem is that every fix has to somewhat go through BHS rather than EME doing the fixes. If EME does their own fixes and coding, then, they need to readd in that code with each set of updated files from BHS. Not only that, but since they are not the developer, they have to get permission for all of the code that they add in or edit. It just makes the problems or exploits that much more difficult to deal with.

I am seriously all for cumulative login events rather than that annoyingly broken calendar. It's really tough to remember to check it regularly, and I'm always on when time is bad to collect stuff anyways. However, something really needs to be done about being able to farm Fashion Coupons. There really needs to be some way in the game that I can spend a few days to get a chunk of coupons. Seeing as they didn't add in any way to get the boxes, it's just going to continue to be an issue for all of us that don't routinely spam IOD Vanguards.

This discussion has been closed.