[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How can I access the Calendar Again?

I used to check the Callendar everyday for the gift it keeps telling me I am getting (even now).

However, for about the last month, when I click on "Calendar" in the "Events" menu, all I get are some boxes telling me special events (those boxes used to be smaller and to the left of the Calendar window). I have tried many ways to move from those boxes to the actual Calendar, including clicking on the "Calendar" button at the top left of that window with the boxes, but nothing happens. I have tried resizing the UI to make those boxes smaller, but they stay the same size and the Calendar still does not appear.

How can I again access the Calendar to get the gifts they keep telling me I am receiving?

Best Answer

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

The calendar has been disabled, there is nothing for you to do to get access to it again. It was disabled due to some kind of exploit, as far as I understand it.

On a personal note, I'm not even getting notifications any longer. They were there for the first six days or so, but then stopped. I have no idea why things are so inconsistent about this.

There has been no timeframe given for when (or even if, if we're being realistic; no matter the words about it being worked on) it will return. The fix for the exploit requires work from Bluehole, but since we're the only region that even seems to use the thing, it seems very unlikely to have any real priority.

Personally, I expect that it will eventually be announced that it was discontinued. Perhaps the functionality might return as a more web page based custom solution, like the other regions seem to do (when they want to do such daily gift things), but a more frequent use of the two other in-game systems seems more likely.

The official word on it:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/32264/a-word-on-priests-door-pull-and-the-in-game-calendar

On the topic of in-game calendar, this feature will remain disabled until the underlying exploit is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Answers

• Thank you for the thorough reply.

The notifications have been spotty for me, but I think I got 2 in my last 2 logins. I was getting notifications regularly until about a week or two ago, I think.

• The calendar being disabled, possibly forever, is just sad and is just one more thing added to the list of things changed and not for the better. I came back a couple weeks ago since being gone from about May of 2018 and find that the game had changed so much and a lot of things that I enjoyed are gone. I almost want to cry at how bad Tera has gotten since its launch imo. Going to give Tera another week or two but it appears that Tera is just a derelict piece of crap now.

Was thinking of giving A.I.R. a try when it released but Bluehole/Krafton has lost my business with how they have gutted and destroyed Tera, a once mighty and awesome game. In fact, I am not supporting ANY Korean game companies anymore because the trend is to gut and streamline the games they make as time goes by and ruin what made them great to begin with imo. Got no problem with EnMasse as of right now and can't wait for Dark Crystal game but if it's Korean made I'm going to pass.

R.I.P. game I've loved since 2012. You will be missed.

• @Ellexem said:
    The calendar has been disabled, there is nothing for you to do to get access to it again. It was disabled due to some kind of exploit, as far as I understand it.

On a personal note, I'm not even getting notifications any longer. They were there for the first six days or so, but then stopped. I have no idea why things are so inconsistent about this.

There has been no timeframe given for when (or even if, if we're being realistic; no matter the words about it being worked on) it will return. The fix for the exploit requires work from Bluehole, but since we're the only region that even seems to use the thing, it seems very unlikely to have any real priority.

Personally, I expect that it will eventually be announced that it was discontinued. Perhaps the functionality might return as a more web page based custom solution, like the other regions seem to do (when they want to do such daily gift things), but a more frequent use of the two other in-game systems seems more likely.

The official word on it:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/32264/a-word-on-priests-door-pull-and-the-in-game-calendar

On the topic of in-game calendar, this feature will remain disabled until the underlying exploit is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

wow I never know priests door pull was an exploit, I was always thought it was just a part of tera lol (like an actual intended part)

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I really hope it comes back. It served as enough motivation to log back in at times.

• While I'd like the calendar back. The calendar needs improved. We've had the same rotation of things for quite awhile now.
    When I made a topic after noticing this for a few months. KitTeaCup came in and replied what would like to see on the calendar and it never changed.
    Perhaps out of her control or things didn't work out.
    The calendar definitely needs more attention.
    While on the subject we should have more log in events to promote people being more active on the game.
    Since the calendar IS down. This would be a great time for log in events.