[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

JTera New world video

Comments

• Thank you for sharing this omg ;A;! It looks so nice !

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking good indeed, looks like a lot of exploration areas. But also sad, cause this is the patch, that will kill gearing, and will make it a lot more punishing and grindy than already is.

• as someone from kr, the grind isnt too much extra gear wise, and the new island is indeed massive and great for exploration, everything you can see, you can go to and be on (that is if you actually have the item buff that lets you use flying mounts and the jump pads there)

• that lag hhahahaha!! and he's alone there and just walking!!

• KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

[Mod Edit: Unfortunately, goodbye posts are against the Forum Rules.]

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

When about is this going to happen?

I'm all for whatever updates they want to make. If something is too grindy, I just won't do it. There is plenty of fun to be had.

I gather the new island is for 66 to 70 then? Sorry, I have a lot going on, and it's tough to remember from patch notes and all. I really do hope they end up taking the 66 to 70 mobs and BAMs out of the regular areas.

• @Christin said:
    When about is this going to happen?

Tentative date seems to be mid-October, somewhere in the region of the 15th. This is not yet confirmed though, as far as I'm aware.

I'm all for whatever updates they want to make. If something is too grindy, I just won't do it. There is plenty of fun to be had.

Grind is kind of a mixed bag, from my limited understanding. You need to farm for feedstock to upgrade your items. (Dismantling item drops as the source, or something like that, so the repeat drops are for more than just the search for that perfect stat mix.) The ones needed for up to +9 are nominally not meant to be that hard. After that, it's meant to be hard.

Even the most basic gear is supposedly both tradeable and requires level 68, so you could dump those on your alts for instant Stormcry+0 equivalents, if they have the level. Enchanting up the Stormcry+7 is also meant to be made easier, if you want to stay with the older gear, since there is a significant overlap in power between the new and the old gear.

That is about the end of the good news, though.

Crystals go away. Directional crit power damage is no longer a thing. (This is, to be fair, a bit of a mixed entry. Since if you're just playing around then no longer needing to worry about front or back is of course a pure positive for you, even though the crit multiplier is lowered, so nominally a more evened out damage experience, with less high peaks.) Physical and magical damage is introduced. Each skill gets two coefficient values for how much it benefits from physical and magic increases, with no class seemingly being all one or the other. What specifically a piece of gear boosts is entirely random. It cannot be changed either, so you'll need to hunt for that perfect piece if you want to min-max.

There are three tiers of the new gear system. The third one only comes from new dungeons, as far as I understand it. A forth tier is yet to be added in the future, which is meant as a way to upgrade the Heroic Oath gear to the new system, for BiS gear. So those who want the absolute best still will need to climb up the Heroic Oath path.

You can keep using your existing gear, if you want to retain the effect lines that you want. It's even meant to be a more consistent level of damage with that route, though not peaking as high as getting that perfect piece of the new items.

Armor is meant to be different based on type, since the physical and magical damage split seems to apply to monster damage as well. Plate types being good against physical damage but weak against magical. Leather being middle of the road for both. Cloth being weak against melee but good against magic.

The new gear can get 'damaged' when you fail an enchanting attempt. This doesn't mean it breaks, just that it won't be possible to further enchant it until you drop some resources on repair items. (They need to take their pound of gold somewhere, it seems, since the direct enchanting costs seem to be a bit lower.) After it has been repaired, you can try to enchant it again.

I believe there is also a chance to lose enchanting level at the higher levels of it. (Only for higher than +9 parts.) But I might be mixing something up there. Could have just been that the damage system is in the higher than +9 area.

I gather the new island is for 66 to 70 then? Sorry, I have a lot going on, and it's tough to remember from patch notes and all. I really do hope they end up taking the 66 to 70 mobs and BAMs out of the regular areas.

The new systems and areas seem to be aimed at level 68+. The 66-70 BAMs in the other zones aren't going to go away, as far as I understand it.

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

All this new area is pretty and all, but it doesnt mask the fact that 2 classes, Lancer and Warrior, are gonna be affected negatively with this patch, with the removal of double Cooldown Reduction. Unless there is another way to have that x2 CDR, then us who play those 2 classes will see a lot of salt.