Enmasse, cost too much for Cosmetics!! WTF?

Enmasse charges 3995 EMP when its not on sale!? Thats $40 f*****g dollars.

So its on sale for 1997 EMP. Thats $20 plus you get left over, useless, extra EMP sitting there, no way to use them up. I made a YouTube video explaining about that, and how much I hate game developer companies do that.

Guild Wars 2 has MC but its balanced, and for mounts its no more than $20-25 without any sale.

Enmasse emailed me and told me to take it to the Forums, which basically means "We dont want to hear about it, or read it." I told them fk that st, dont tell me where to post my problem when you wont read it.

Enmasse feels like EA, Activision, and Bethesda.

I wouldnt mind buying cosmetic micro transactions but they charge way too much. I highly doubt they will read this since its tasty money they want. If the prices were lower, i wouldnt mind buying the mounts. [filtered] loot boxes though. I would never support loot boxes even if a Game Company were to pay me.

If Enmasse lowers their EMP cost for these micro transactions, i wouldnt mind a lil support but i wouldnt want to spend $40 on 1 mount.

Enmasse, change it dammit....

Comments

• first off, eme quit the forums a long time ago. the player council members are the ones moderating the forums now, so your post is basically falling on deaf ears. I feel you on this though. I quit buying emp due to them stopping selling account bound mounts so that they could make even more money. I will say this in their defense, they need to make money to keep this free to play game open, but if you are not happy, let your purse or wallet do the talking. I know people will defend eme to their dying breath and say something like we need to keep buying whatever they are selling to keep the game open or they will shut it down.
    the prices wouldn't be so high if people weren't buying the stuff, so it seems like no matter how high eme sells items at, there will be people buying it no matter the cost.
    I would love to see the video that you have on youtube, so if you want to, post it here or pm me the link.

• The sad truth is they don't care about us or what we have to say they don't care about the game all they care about is Money.

And as long as there are people that are dumb enough to pay for elite plus spend Hundreds and thousands of dollars on these things it will continue to be this way.

Then there is those that say how bad the game is talk all this trash and yet still give them there money just makes me sick. The only way to make them see is everyone has to not give them a single dollar and i mean everyone and that will never happen but until that would happen it will sadly never change.

They will never see a dollar of mine again i can tell you that. I use to really enjoy Tera but i cant stand what it has become that's why i cant bring myself to play it anymore.

• edited December 2019

Personally, as someone with a lot of alts, I also lost interest in purchasing mounts when they moved towards the "fancy single-character mount" approach. But in the end, as was said, prices are something they determine based on sales data, and they've tried all sorts of different price points and sales approaches over the years. Clearly, people are buying at these prices. If they've determined that this is the peak of the supply/demand price curve, they won't lower the price except during sales. (Keeping the price high except during sales is itself a well-known sales strategy.)

I will say, as much as I won't buy single-character mounts at this price, I'd much rather they be selling over-priced mounts than this push towards selling progression-impacting consumables.

Also, re: the comparison to GW2 in the OP, keep in mind that's also a B2P game, so the business model is a bit different. The vast majority of TERA players (probably 95%+) never pay a penny in this game. Obviously those who do pay tend to pay more. Whether that'd be a better business model for this game is a whole other question.

• @allofspaceandtime said:
    I will say this in their defense, they need to make money to keep this free to play game open, but if you are not happy, let your purse or wallet do the talking. I know people will defend eme to their dying breath and say something like we need to keep buying whatever they are selling to keep the game open or they will shut it down.

Dude, I don't want to sound rude or something, but I rather to see the game dead than something like that, I mean, we should ask ourself and say " does it really worth the money that we are paying to keep playing Tera?" I would say no, but hey that's me.

• @Anung said:

@allofspaceandtime said:
    I will say this in their defense, they need to make money to keep this free to play game open, but if you are not happy, let your purse or wallet do the talking. I know people will defend eme to their dying breath and say something like we need to keep buying whatever they are selling to keep the game open or they will shut it down.

Dude, I don't want to sound rude or something, but I rather to see the game dead than something like that, I mean, we should ask ourself and say " does it really worth the money that we are paying to keep playing Tera?" I would say no, but hey that's me.

its not being rude, I myself haven't spent a dime in years due to them not selling account bound mounts and making them all expensive character bound mounts. one single mount is more than the account bound dragon mounts were. I for one let my purse do the talking because I haven't been too happy with their prices, communication from staff, and so on. I feel like I more than paid enough for this game several times over in the emp I have bought, and if they did shut down, I can say I had a good time.

• My YouTube is - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZLVHdxpAjuHctcvTGFc6Xw
    Can find the Tera video there of my saying a little bit on my opinion against MC. I had to cut some parts where i said some bad words lol or it will be demonetized, although i am new so i get nothing right now. I will play more on the game as the character grows in level. Its just hang out gaming videos. Chillin, relaxin, and doing play throughs.

• I went a step further and i reported the EMP prices in a ticket. If they aint gonna give a [filtered], i will say something. I expect them to respond monday. If not, i will put in again, i might even link my post so our voices can be heard. In the beginning, about 5 years ago of my play of Tera, they had Pay to rend mounts. I thought that was effing stupid. Rent a mount? Pay for a Wolf Mount and 30 days you pay again.
    Enmasse is no different than EA. As much ranting as i would give, i still play the game but everytime i login the game, its right in your face. Boom, EMP store. Have to close it everytime you log in. That would be my main complaint when i opened that Ticket. Mounts in the game, you cant have them unless you pay real money which i think its effing ridiculous. They dont come with a Story like Guild Wars 2, where you get to Path Of Fire expansion, and you get a basic mount. Not here you dont.
    I will probably play till i max my character's level, journey everything, dungeons, bosses, etc. Once i feel i have exhausted my time on the game, i might just quit after. I rather support a game who is worthy of it, arrogant moderators who dont care about what a person feels about the game they tried to be the favorite. I am still here though but once i feel i got what i wanted from it, that be it. Maybe play again later in the future and get a feel again but i wouldnt buy any Loot Boxes. If they brought down the prices on the EMP spending down to half or a quarter of the prices, i might change my tune. La la la la.

Im on YouTube ;3 - I play games of all sorts, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZLVHdxpAjuHctcvTGFc6Xw

• Hey dude, I'm agree with the fact that the game is not going well in more than one way (in this case the EMP), but complaining about this, is like crying over spilled milk, besides that you have an attitude that is not going to be well accepted by them (if they ever read your ticket), but anyway, if you feel like this is the way to solve the problems, go ahead, but in advance I'm warning you that they are not going to move a finger, as long as they still have brainless players willing to buy huge amount of EMP, the people like you wont make any difference, but good luck.

• edited December 2019

It's not like the support people are able to do anything, particularly if they already responded to a ticket on this issue and told you to post on the forums. The people answering tickets have literally zero control over prices, and even if they forward your ticket to a program manager it's not like they're going to go "Oh damn, Rubberkitten says the prices are too damn high -- we'd better cut all prices across the board immediately no matter how much that hurts our revenue!" If you keep abusing the ticket system, they are just going to stop your ability to send tickets, and it won't be available when you actually really need it for something.

Besides that:

@Rubberkitten said:
    Mounts in the game, you cant have them unless you pay real money which i think its effing ridiculous. They dont come with a Story like Guild Wars 2, where you get to Path Of Fire expansion, and you get a basic mount. Not here you dont.

You actually do get free mounts just for completing the story. First, you get a ground mount upon arriving in Velika at around level 11. Then, you get a flying mount upon hitting level 65. I'm not sure who told you that the only way to get mounts is to pay... but they were wrong. If you still think you don't get a free mount for completing the story, does this mean you haven't yet finished the tutorial?

And keep in mind... in Guild Wars 2 you actually pay for the game so to say they give you a "free mount" is sort of a play on words. They give you an "included" mount. In TERA they really are "no purchase necessary."

@Rubberkitten said:
    In the beginning, about 5 years ago of my play of Tera, they had Pay to rend mounts. I thought that was effing stupid. Rent a mount? Pay for a Wolf Mount and 30 days you pay again.

I've been here since launch, and in our region, I don't believe they ever sold limited-duration mounts like this. The Cash Shop in our region has only sold permanent items. You do get a mount included with Elite that lasts the duration of your subscription, but that's one of the subscription bonuses, not "mount rental."

• edited December 2019

When i first played they did have the option to fully buy a mount or pay only till the time expires. I think it was like 120 days. After that, you had to pay again to either buy it or borrow it.

If i was wrong i wouldnt be constantly looking at the timer while using it. It would show in the Mounts tab. Time would only count if you were in-game so i had a lot of time since i didnt play it all that much.

Recently now i noticed the timer is gone so they must've changed it. Good because all my mounts would be gone xD.

• @Rubberkitten said:
    When i first played they did have the option to fully buy a mount or pay only till the time expires. I think it was like 120 days. After that, you had to pay again to either buy it or borrow it.

If i was wrong i wouldnt be constantly looking at the timer while using it. It would show in the Mounts tab. Time would only count if you were in-game so i had a lot of time since i didnt play it all that much.

Recently now i noticed the timer is gone so they must've changed it. Good because all my mounts would be gone xD.

Are you sure that you were playing in NA at the time? I know that EU did used to sell time-limited mounts, but in our region the cash shop was all permanent-duration items since shortly after launch in 2012, long before the wolf mounts came out.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Rubberkitten said:
    Enmasse charges 3995 EMP when its not on sale!? Thats $40 f*****g dollars.

So its on sale for 1997 EMP. Thats $20 plus you get left over, useless, extra EMP sitting there, no way to use them up. I made a YouTube video explaining about that, and how much I hate game developer companies do that.

Guild Wars 2 has MC but its balanced, and for mounts its no more than $20-25 without any sale.

Enmasse emailed me and told me to take it to the Forums, which basically means "We dont want to hear about it, or read it." I told them fk that st, dont tell me where to post my problem when you wont read it.

Enmasse feels like EA, Activision, and Bethesda.

I wouldnt mind buying cosmetic micro transactions but they charge way too much. I highly doubt they will read this since its tasty money they want. If the prices were lower, i wouldnt mind buying the mounts. [filtered] loot boxes though. I would never support loot boxes even if a Game Company were to pay me.

If Enmasse lowers their EMP cost for these micro transactions, i wouldnt mind a lil support but i wouldnt want to spend $40 on 1 mount.

Enmasse, change it dammit....

This game has always been terribly greedy and most of us just reap the rewards of the ignorant by allowing others to throw their cash at the game while buying stuff up in the broker for next to nothing. People defend it like crazy, but really, the game isn't worth throwing your cash at anymore. It's already down to 2 servers with one server pretty much dead. They (Krafton) is already working on another game and will no doubt use that to replace Tera. Surely their update teams won't be working on two games at the same time, so yeah, it's simply not worth the expense.

Yeah, they basically tell you to take it to the forums, so they can dump it on their unpaid defender that for some reason loves to defend their complete and utter disdain for the forums and everyone that posts on it. Sorry, but that's really the truth.

• @Christin said:
    They (Krafton) is already working on another game and will no doubt use that to replace Tera. Surely their update teams won't be working on two games at the same time, so yeah, it's simply not worth the expense.

A:IR is a different type of game with a different type of combat system and is not a successor to TERA. The much larger job of building the game is already happening now while TERA is live; the workload is not going to get even higher once the game launches.

Yeah, they basically tell you to take it to the forums, so they can dump it on their unpaid defender that for some reason loves to defend their complete and utter disdain for the forums and everyone that posts on it. Sorry, but that's really the truth.

Literally no one posted anything defending EME in this thread. Quit it with the veiled personal attacks.

• you can also get free mounts through achievements like sparky and the black panther mounts are easy to get and also lumbertown sells the other horse mounts in the stable.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@allofspaceandtime said:
    and also lumbertown sells the other horse mounts in the stable.

Wait, what?? When did this happen?