[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Enmasse, cost too much for Cosmetics!! WTF?

Comments

• @Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:
    you can also get free mounts through achievements like sparky and the black panther mounts are easy to get and also lumbertown sells the other horse mounts in the stable.

From what I've heard, the quests to get the black panther are tedious. The temp Sparky lasts less than a month, and from my memories the permanent one is through more achievements. Just because you can get some slow mounts by working for them doesn't negate the fact that Tera's mounts are ridiculously expensive and simply not worth the cash. You get a free flying mount, but it's not that great looking and people like to have different mounts.

The easiest way to get a mount is to fish on more than one account and save up gold. Depending on how many accounts you have (you can log into 5 through the launcher) it may take you a few weeks or so. Really, unless you have cash to burn or love running dungeons, it's probably best to move on. I mean what's the point in buying a mount or cosmetics for a game you're just afk fishing in anyways? You can also do Vanguards, but those really only give good gold if you have some alts to farm those with.

sparky is listed as a tempory mount but it doesn't go away. ive had mine for years. the black panther is a little tedious, but they are free, and Sheldon only costs like 10k gold

Maybe if you leave it in your bar, but mine went away, so not sure how that works. Either way, they are seriously slow mounts and not much better than the free horse mount already given. I surely wouldn't put them up to justify the horrific prices EME asks for mounts in the shop. You have to pay thirty bucks just to get a flying mount. You can play a lot of other games out there with a longer lifespan left to them and get more for $30 than you can here. That's for sure.

There are two achievements that give Sparky, one is temp one is permanent.

• @Fainall said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:
    you can also get free mounts through achievements like sparky and the black panther mounts are easy to get and also lumbertown sells the other horse mounts in the stable.

From what I've heard, the quests to get the black panther are tedious. The temp Sparky lasts less than a month, and from my memories the permanent one is through more achievements. Just because you can get some slow mounts by working for them doesn't negate the fact that Tera's mounts are ridiculously expensive and simply not worth the cash. You get a free flying mount, but it's not that great looking and people like to have different mounts.

The easiest way to get a mount is to fish on more than one account and save up gold. Depending on how many accounts you have (you can log into 5 through the launcher) it may take you a few weeks or so. Really, unless you have cash to burn or love running dungeons, it's probably best to move on. I mean what's the point in buying a mount or cosmetics for a game you're just afk fishing in anyways? You can also do Vanguards, but those really only give good gold if you have some alts to farm those with.

sparky is listed as a tempory mount but it doesn't go away. ive had mine for years. the black panther is a little tedious, but they are free, and Sheldon only costs like 10k gold

Maybe if you leave it in your bar, but mine went away, so not sure how that works. Either way, they are seriously slow mounts and not much better than the free horse mount already given. I surely wouldn't put them up to justify the horrific prices EME asks for mounts in the shop. You have to pay thirty bucks just to get a flying mount. You can play a lot of other games out there with a longer lifespan left to them and get more for $30 than you can here. That's for sure.

the sparky mounts I have were the ones where you go to every city and town and the monuments and I have had them for years now

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@allofspaceandtime said:

@Fainall said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

the sparky mounts I have were the ones where you go to every city and town and the monuments and I have had them for years now

Which is how you get the permanent one. Christin likely only got the temp one you get for picking up 500 uncommon, 300 rare, and 100 superior drops.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@TJKat said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

@Fainall said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

@Christin said:

@allofspaceandtime said:

Which is how you get the permanent one. Christin likely only got the temp one you get for picking up 500 uncommon, 300 rare, and 100 superior drops.

Yeah, I had already mentioned that the temp one lasts less than a month and the permanent one needs more achievements to get. I never bothered with the achievement for the permanent one, because it's just another slow af mount.

IMO EME is just hurting themselves with their greed. A lot of people install cause it's a free game and uninstall once they look at the store and broker. Too late to change it now.

• I started playing an idle game on iOS. So whenever I have a little waiting time during the workday, I click on it. The ingame shop is quite optimistic. Monthly substription up to 28€, single payments up to 100€. I'm not paying this as this is an "idle game" (per definition).

Let's turn this around. Every game is something you do for relaxing in your free time. And everything does cost money, even when playing basketball you need shoes or pay a club to play indoors. Now compare how much you're willing to spend for your free time.

For me, Tera is still one of my cheapest hobbies. Even hiking does cost more (smartphone app, equipment, hotel, transfer, etc.). When I was shooting firearms, costs did explode due to ammo prices. Even meeting friends, having dinner and some drinks in a bar is going fast up for just one evening.

The trick is to look at the own budget and compare your recreational spendings. It's up to you, if Tera is worth it.
    Because unlike other games, in Tera you can farm gold and still get EMP. We still can buy shop items from other players.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@SaphirKanzaki said:
    I started playing an idle game on iOS. So whenever I have a little waiting time during the workday, I click on it. The ingame shop is quite optimistic. Monthly substription up to 28€, single payments up to 100€. I'm not paying this as this is an "idle game" (per definition).

Let's turn this around. Every game is something you do for relaxing in your free time. And everything does cost money, even when playing basketball you need shoes or pay a club to play indoors. Now compare how much you're willing to spend for your free time.

For me, Tera is still one of my cheapest hobbies. Even hiking does cost more (smartphone app, equipment, hotel, transfer, etc.). When I was shooting firearms, costs did explode due to ammo prices. Even meeting friends, having dinner and some drinks in a bar is going fast up for just one evening.

The trick is to look at the own budget and compare your recreational spendings. It's up to you, if Tera is worth it.
    Because unlike other games, in Tera you can farm gold and still get EMP. We still can buy shop items from other players.

First off, your examples give you far greater benefits than Tera ever will. Most of the other stuff you mention will make you more fit and learning to shoot a gun irl I'd say is more important than playing some online game.

So, you like to throw cash at your passive hobby, great for you. However, I'd say most people want to invest cash into a game they know will be around for a while and where the publisher at least pretends to care. I do love how you explain down to us about how much going out costs and so on, but you're missing most of the point. I've played plenty of other online games, and EME is one of the greediest companies I have ever seen. Mostly all dyeable versions of their costumes and mounts with benefits come in loot boxes that people have spent hundreds on trying to get something rare. Their system is beyond sad, tremendously greedy and simply gets old; all while EME calls players "spoiled" and tells them they don't even want to bother with a Community Manager, because Tera players simply don't deserve one.

• I'm an exotic from Europe where guns are not allowed for citizens (except sports) and we don't have to fear active shooters. So handling a gun is quite unnecessary here.

I was in the US this year (Boston, NYC), so I probably can compare the actual prices. Having a meal with friends goes for $20, going to a bar will be $10-$20 per cocktail. I'm a quite moderate drinker, so 2 cocktails will be enough for me. So going out with friends will be $40 just for the evening, I'm not even talking about going to a club. I live in Germany, Munich and the prices ramp up. Lunch is for rather $30 and even parking comes with $20-30 (depends on hours).

Going to a Bowling Hall is without meal, but will also be $10-20 per person per hour (depends on how many firends). Some softdrinks do not cost much, but at the end of the evening the same amount will be spent. Btw, I'm paying $90 per month for a gym (yes, it's quite luxurious :-).

I don't know how you may regard playing an MMO as a passive hobby. I'd call watching Netflix/Amazon Prime series as a passive hobby - and a lot of people do that.

Perhaps there's an experience difference between the two of us. I had a lot of hobbies in my life, ranging from archery over cooking to playing some music. There are only a few hobbies that yield a real "benefit". Cooking enables me to show of to my friends, my fishing yields the freshest fish.
    However, MMOs in general yield an interesting social component I have learned in the past, though it was not Tera. In applications, putting in e.g. "football capitan" is one very strong point. Unfortunately, we all can't be football team leaders. But in MMOs, we can experience being a leader of a group. I learned quite some skills when leading a 40 man raid back in my old MMO days. And this is a benefit that did effect my career more than cycling, martial arts or freeclimbing, even I did e.g. all these 3 for years.

• I took a break for almost a year, even more on my alts, and came back to see they don't do account mounts anymore which is really upsetting;; I don't want to buy a single mount now unless it comes in a loot crate because a $2 character only mount is still justifiable.

I do understand that the game is free and thus makes most of it's money in the shop. That being said, I also feel that they would make more money by lowering the prices. I mean, look how well Cyber Monday did. Not only was everyone buying (because the prices were more reasonable) but they even brought back the elin outfits because of how well they sold.

It's pretty simple economics that if you can hit that lower sweet spot of price, more people would buy. I wouldn't mind more options, especially for masc characters since there's an obvious elin bias to all the outfits they design.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@SaphirKanzaki said:
    I'm an exotic from Europe where guns are not allowed for citizens (except sports) and we don't have to fear active shooters. So handling a gun is quite unnecessary here.

I was in the US this year (Boston, NYC), so I probably can compare the actual prices. Having a meal with friends goes for $20, going to a bar will be $10-$20 per cocktail. I'm a quite moderate drinker, so 2 cocktails will be enough for me. So going out with friends will be $40 just for the evening, I'm not even talking about going to a club. I live in Germany, Munich and the prices ramp up. Lunch is for rather $30 and even parking comes with $20-30 (depends on hours).

Going to a Bowling Hall is without meal, but will also be $10-20 per person per hour (depends on how many firends). Some softdrinks do not cost much, but at the end of the evening the same amount will be spent. Btw, I'm paying $90 per month for a gym (yes, it's quite luxurious :-).

I don't know how you may regard playing an MMO as a passive hobby. I'd call watching Netflix/Amazon Prime series as a passive hobby - and a lot of people do that.

Perhaps there's an experience difference between the two of us. I had a lot of hobbies in my life, ranging from archery over cooking to playing some music. There are only a few hobbies that yield a real "benefit". Cooking enables me to show of to my friends, my fishing yields the freshest fish.
    However, MMOs in general yield an interesting social component I have learned in the past, though it was not Tera. In applications, putting in e.g. "football capitan" is one very strong point. Unfortunately, we all can't be football team leaders. But in MMOs, we can experience being a leader of a group. I learned quite some skills when leading a 40 man raid back in my old MMO days. And this is a benefit that did effect my career more than cycling, martial arts or freeclimbing, even I did e.g. all these 3 for years.

TMI! I can't tell if your replies are serious or what. The entire point is that this is a game, so all of your examples are really beyond ridiculous. Of course, you haven't bothered comparing their pricing to other games, which is quite amusing. Are you really just trying to justify the amount of money you've put into the game? That isn't what this topic is about. I know the price of stuff, so you rambling on a laundry list of what all this or that costs is not necessary for me or others. I can pay $20 for a game that my son will play for months, so yeah, lets at least stick with games rather than bringing your entire life's worth of hobbies into the mix.

@Kinghime said:
    I took a break for almost a year, even more on my alts, and came back to see they don't do account mounts anymore which is really upsetting;; I don't want to buy a single mount now unless it comes in a loot crate because a $2 character only mount is still justifiable.

I do understand that the game is free and thus makes most of it's money in the shop. That being said, I also feel that they would make more money by lowering the prices. I mean, look how well Cyber Monday did. Not only was everyone buying (because the prices were more reasonable) but they even brought back the elin outfits because of how well they sold.

It's pretty simple economics that if you can hit that lower sweet spot of price, more people would buy. I wouldn't mind more options, especially for masc characters since there's an obvious elin bias to all the outfits they design.

Funny thing is it seems as their server numbers decrease, their prices and greed increase. Amusing concept really. I didn't see the sales after Friday, because I was over it and not going to pay another dime once I saw how horrible the first sale was. Nothing is going to change, they will simply get greedier and put more and more into lootboxes. I was lucky to pay gold for most of what I got, but even then, one eventually realized there is just no point anymore. Hobbies and games should at least be enjoyable, and Tera is no longer that for me. Now, it's nothing but a grind to get stuff or gear up. All of my friends are gone, the community is bitter (not their fault at all) and the devoted spend most of their time defending the greedy publisher along with deny that the game doesn't have much of a future anymore.

• @Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:
    I started playing an idle game on iOS. So whenever I have a little waiting time during the workday, I click on it. The ingame shop is quite optimistic. Monthly substription up to 28€, single payments up to 100€. I'm not paying this as this is an "idle game" (per definition).

First off, your examples give you far greater benefits than Tera ever will. Most of the other stuff you mention will make you more fit and learning to shoot a gun irl I'd say is more important than playing some online game.

So, you like to throw cash at your passive hobby, great for you. However, I'd say most people want to invest cash into a game they know will be around for a while and where the publisher at least pretends to care. I do love how you explain down to us about how much going out costs and so on, but you're missing most of the point. I've played plenty of other online games, and EME is one of the greediest companies I have ever seen. Mostly all dyeable versions of their costumes and mounts with benefits come in loot boxes that people have spent hundreds on trying to get something rare. Their system is beyond sad, tremendously greedy and simply gets old; all while EME calls players "spoiled" and tells them they don't even want to bother with a Community Manager, because Tera players simply don't deserve one.

I mean it's hard to tell which is stupider, the playerbase or the company.
    I can kind of empathize with EME for how bloody spoiled the playerbase is (not by EME, granted), how little it appears they know about the game, and how little influence they would have over its direction even if they did know what is up. I feel like the people who knew anything about TERA left a long time, the original devs probably got sacked, most EME is probably different by now, and LOL I'm in the process of cashing out so I can log back on after the ingame economy has inevitably crashed and I can be rich. I expect everyone who's rich to continue to spend money like they're used to after it crashes so eventually I'll be rich in comparison.

• Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

@SaphirKanzaki said:
    Btw, I'm paying $90 per month for a gym (yes, it's quite luxurious :-).

yikes
    why don't you just buy your own weights?

@SaphirKanzaki said:

effect

affect*
    maybe that's because you've got a car, aren't into picking fights, and ??? I can't think of any tangible benefit for rock climbing other than maybe grip strength and getting the muscles in your upper body coordinated.

as far as leadership goes I too have gained experience leading in MMORPG.
    albeit in 20 man raids.
    it translated fairly well into real life. only the egoism though. leading MMORPG raids doesn't really do anything lmao. it just inflates your ego so that other people gravitate towards you.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:

I can kind of empathize with EME for how bloody spoiled the playerbase is (not by EME, granted), how little it appears they know about the game, and how little influence they would have over its direction even if they did know what is up. I feel like the people who knew anything about TERA left a long time, the original devs probably got sacked, most EME is probably different by now, and LOL I'm in the process of cashing out so I can log back on after the ingame economy has inevitably crashed and I can be rich. I expect everyone who's rich to continue to spend money like they're used to after it crashes so eventually I'll be rich in comparison.

Well, good luck with that. I sold a bunch of stuff and can't even be bothered to log back in to waste it on lootboxes like I had planned. I do blame EME, because they pretty much give us all the middle finger and tell us straight up that they don't want to bother with the community. Give them your cash then stfu. Just like how they can't even be bothered to play the game, moderate anything or even seem to care about any of it. Just more evidence that they know something we don't know and don't want to bother on a game they know has no future or hope.

Maybe they do have a high turnover rate, but that is just another reason to move on already. The only thing keeping most players there is the fishing and that will only last until people whine and cry enough for them to get rid of afk fishing to force players back into playing dungeons. Of course that won't work, so yeah, it will be interesting.

• @Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:

Well, good luck with that. I sold a bunch of stuff and can't even be bothered to log back in to waste it on lootboxes like I had planned. I do blame EME, because they pretty much give us all the middle finger and tell us straight up that they don't want to bother with the community. Give them your cash then stfu. Just like how they can't even be bothered to play the game, moderate anything or even seem to care about any of it. Just more evidence that they know something we don't know and don't want to bother on a game they know has no future or hope.

Maybe they do have a high turnover rate, but that is just another reason to move on already. The only thing keeping most players there is the fishing and that will only last until people whine and cry enough for them to get rid of afk fishing to force players back into playing dungeons. Of course that won't work, so yeah, it will be interesting.

I can't blame them for not wanting to bother with the community

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:

I can't blame them for not wanting to bother with the community

Well, golden gift boxes are out (I think) so now, people can throw their cash at those. Maybe after a grand or two, you to can get that new mount to fly in Exodor! LOL

• I thought elites had unlimited exodor flight?