[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Enmasse, cost too much for Cosmetics!! WTF?

Comments

• @Maldicion159 said:
    I thought elites had unlimited exodor flight?

Nope unless you been playing a game from another region o.o

• @Maldicion159 said:

Nope, if you want to fly on Exodor you have to do the quest to get the potion. I think it's not even all day, I am not sure I never bothered to do it because not being able to fly on Exodor with a mount that you already paid cash for just grinds my gears. That is one really big point of contention for me. And now they are offering this mount that can fly there, but it comes from the golden gift boxes? Bad move. Just put that thing straight up in the cash shop at least with NO RNG! But once again worst solution to a problem. They should have just made a potion you could quest for once that lets you fly there for all time. Or simply change it so you can fly there period.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:
    I started playing an idle game on iOS. So whenever I have a little waiting time during the workday, I click on it. The ingame shop is quite optimistic. Monthly substription up to 28€, single payments up to 100€. I'm not paying this as this is an "idle game" (per definition).

Let's turn this around. Every game is something you do for relaxing in your free time. And everything does cost money, even when playing basketball you need shoes or pay a club to play indoors. Now compare how much you're willing to spend for your free time.

For me, Tera is still one of my cheapest hobbies. Even hiking does cost more (smartphone app, equipment, hotel, transfer, etc.). When I was shooting firearms, costs did explode due to ammo prices. Even meeting friends, having dinner and some drinks in a bar is going fast up for just one evening.

The trick is to look at the own budget and compare your recreational spendings. It's up to you, if Tera is worth it.
    Because unlike other games, in Tera you can farm gold and still get EMP. We still can buy shop items from other players.

First off, your examples give you far greater benefits than Tera ever will. Most of the other stuff you mention will make you more fit and learning to shoot a gun irl I'd say is more important than playing some online game.

So, you like to throw cash at your passive hobby, great for you. However, I'd say most people want to invest cash into a game they know will be around for a while and where the publisher at least pretends to care. I do love how you explain down to us about how much going out costs and so on, but you're missing most of the point. I've played plenty of other online games, and EME is one of the greediest companies I have ever seen. Mostly all dyeable versions of their costumes and mounts with benefits come in loot boxes that people have spent hundreds on trying to get something rare. Their system is beyond sad, tremendously greedy and simply gets old; all while EME calls players "spoiled" and tells them they don't even want to bother with a Community Manager, because Tera players simply don't deserve one.

I mean it's hard to tell which is stupider, the playerbase or the company.
    I can kind of empathize with EME for how bloody spoiled the playerbase is (not by EME, granted), how little it appears they know about the game, and how little influence they would have over its direction even if they did know what is up. I feel like the people who knew anything about TERA left a long time, the original devs probably got sacked, most EME is probably different by now, and LOL I'm in the process of cashing out so I can log back on after the ingame economy has inevitably crashed and I can be rich. I expect everyone who's rich to continue to spend money like they're used to after it crashes so eventually I'll be rich in comparison.

Well, good luck with that. I sold a bunch of stuff and can't even be bothered to log back in to waste it on lootboxes like I had planned. I do blame EME, because they pretty much give us all the middle finger and tell us straight up that they don't want to bother with the community. Give them your cash then stfu. Just like how they can't even be bothered to play the game, moderate anything or even seem to care about any of it. Just more evidence that they know something we don't know and don't want to bother on a game they know has no future or hope.

Maybe they do have a high turnover rate, but that is just another reason to move on already. The only thing keeping most players there is the fishing and that will only last until people whine and cry enough for them to get rid of afk fishing to force players back into playing dungeons. Of course that won't work, so yeah, it will be interesting.

I can't blame them for not wanting to bother with the community

Well, golden gift boxes are out (I think) so now, people can throw their cash at those. Maybe after a grand or two, you to can get that new mount to fly in Exodor! LOL

It's adorable how a problem was created to later sell the solution.
    Typical...

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@MargaretRose said:

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:
    I started playing an idle game on iOS. So whenever I have a little waiting time during the workday, I click on it. The ingame shop is quite optimistic. Monthly substription up to 28€, single payments up to 100€. I'm not paying this as this is an "idle game" (per definition).

Let's turn this around. Every game is something you do for relaxing in your free time. And everything does cost money, even when playing basketball you need shoes or pay a club to play indoors. Now compare how much you're willing to spend for your free time.

For me, Tera is still one of my cheapest hobbies. Even hiking does cost more (smartphone app, equipment, hotel, transfer, etc.). When I was shooting firearms, costs did explode due to ammo prices. Even meeting friends, having dinner and some drinks in a bar is going fast up for just one evening.

The trick is to look at the own budget and compare your recreational spendings. It's up to you, if Tera is worth it.
    Because unlike other games, in Tera you can farm gold and still get EMP. We still can buy shop items from other players.

First off, your examples give you far greater benefits than Tera ever will. Most of the other stuff you mention will make you more fit and learning to shoot a gun irl I'd say is more important than playing some online game.

So, you like to throw cash at your passive hobby, great for you. However, I'd say most people want to invest cash into a game they know will be around for a while and where the publisher at least pretends to care. I do love how you explain down to us about how much going out costs and so on, but you're missing most of the point. I've played plenty of other online games, and EME is one of the greediest companies I have ever seen. Mostly all dyeable versions of their costumes and mounts with benefits come in loot boxes that people have spent hundreds on trying to get something rare. Their system is beyond sad, tremendously greedy and simply gets old; all while EME calls players "spoiled" and tells them they don't even want to bother with a Community Manager, because Tera players simply don't deserve one.

I can kind of empathize with EME for how bloody spoiled the playerbase is (not by EME, granted), how little it appears they know about the game, and how little influence they would have over its direction even if they did know what is up. I feel like the people who knew anything about TERA left a long time, the original devs probably got sacked, most EME is probably different by now, and LOL I'm in the process of cashing out so I can log back on after the ingame economy has inevitably crashed and I can be rich. I expect everyone who's rich to continue to spend money like they're used to after it crashes so eventually I'll be rich in comparison.

Well, good luck with that. I sold a bunch of stuff and can't even be bothered to log back in to waste it on lootboxes like I had planned. I do blame EME, because they pretty much give us all the middle finger and tell us straight up that they don't want to bother with the community. Give them your cash then stfu. Just like how they can't even be bothered to play the game, moderate anything or even seem to care about any of it. Just more evidence that they know something we don't know and don't want to bother on a game they know has no future or hope.

Maybe they do have a high turnover rate, but that is just another reason to move on already. The only thing keeping most players there is the fishing and that will only last until people whine and cry enough for them to get rid of afk fishing to force players back into playing dungeons. Of course that won't work, so yeah, it will be interesting.

Well, golden gift boxes are out (I think) so now, people can throw their cash at those. Maybe after a grand or two, you to can get that new mount to fly in Exodor! LOL

Typical...

Waits for that one person to chime in about how they created that mount to actually help players, because they've finally heard the complaints about not being able to fly on a mount in Exodor.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@Fainall said:

@Maldicion159 said:

Nope, if you want to fly on Exodor you have to do the quest to get the potion. I think it's not even all day, I am not sure I never bothered to do it because not being able to fly on Exodor with a mount that you already paid cash for just grinds my gears. That is one really big point of contention for me. And now they are offering this mount that can fly there, but it comes from the golden gift boxes? Bad move. Just put that thing straight up in the cash shop at least with NO RNG! But once again worst solution to a problem. They should have just made a potion you could quest for once that lets you fly there for all time. Or simply change it so you can fly there period.

Best get used to it. Obviously it was done on purpose and won't be changed. Best thing they could have done to make all flying mounts people paid loads for useless now so they have to shell out more cash. They know their loyal player base will get mad for a few minutes as they pull out their plastic. Surely was nice of BHS to lower the XP requirement all while knowing the setups that awaited the new 68's and higher. So many more customers for their Exodor mat boxes and golden gift boxes with an Exodor flying mount. Of course, they made the change out of love and not out of greed and surely the ones that believe that will be happy to pay. No doubt the partner system will be next to get an Exodor revamp. Maybe a new partner with a higher power bonus and 2 passives.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Christin said:

@MargaretRose said:

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

@Christin said:

@SaphirKanzaki said:

Typical...

Waits for that one person to chime in about how they created that mount to actually help players, because they've finally heard the complaints about not being able to fly on a mount in Exodor.

Right? It's a load of horseradish.

Why do people have to go out of their way for a temporary buff that allows a person to use what is at this point a base function of the game?!

Who greenlit this?! Do they wanna further [filtered] off the playerbase? Because this is just one of many ways to further [filtered] off the playerbase.

• guys
    a lot of story depends on Exodor not being flyable.
    remember hitchhiking on the butterfly larva things?
    that's because the air is too light and the normal flying mounts can't generate sufficient lift

• DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited December 2019

meme mount
    oh god pls no

Guess we're Archage now and they had to release a new game to fix their mount scandal.

New mount available only in Golden Gift Boxes for $20 ea at what is probably going to be an abysmally low rate. Hope everyone's ready to spend a grand to get something that we've had in the game for years and suddenly taken away from us.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

Not surprising. They did the same with pets. I still have 20 or 30 pets sitting in my bank because I refuse to buy slots to use pets I've been using for years.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@Maldicion159 said:
    guys
    a lot of story depends on Exodor not being flyable.
    remember hitchhiking on the butterfly larva things?
    that's because the air is too light and the normal flying mounts can't generate sufficient lift

You do realize the story was created AFTER they decided on ways they would cash in on the new levels right?

• @DeusFurta said:

Guess we're Archage now and they had to release a new game to fix their mount scandal.

New mount available only in Golden Gift Boxes for $20 ea at what is probably going to be an abysmally low rate. Hope everyone's ready to spend a grand to get something that we've had in the game for years and suddenly taken away from us.

There is no way I am going to even try for it. At Christmas time that is simply too much to spend on those boxes. You are right the odds will be stupidly low and we all know it. Heck you can't even pull the Yule weapon skins apparently. I had a friend who spent a ton trying to get one and never got a thing. I've been watching the screen announcements too, very very few have been pulled. Not a single one in the market either. What is the point of even designing something if practically no one is going to get it? I wanted a cookie for my ninja but nope, not one for sale anywhere. I surely won't be trying for that mount. I refuse to shell out piles of money for something I know I have no chance to get, and that shouldn't even exist in the first place because we should be able to fly there with the cash shop mounts we already paid for. I keep saying I understand they are a business and they need to make money. But a good way to make money is not by cheesing off your customers. If they were smart they would have let us fly on Exodor and offered up the mount based on it's increased speed only. People would have bought it for that reason alone. How you present something for sale is everything!

• @Fainall said:

There is no way I am going to even try for it. Heck you can't even pull the Yule weapon skins apparently. I had a friend who spent a ton trying to get one and never got a thing. I've been watching the screen announcements too, very very few have been pulled. Not a single one in the market either. What is the point of even designing something if practically no one is going to get it? I wanted a cookie for my ninja but nope, not one for sale anywhere. I surely won't be trying for that mount. I refuse to shell out piles of money for something I know I have no chance to get, and that shouldn't even exist in the first place because we should be able to fly there with the cash shop mounts we already paid for. I keep saying I understand they are a business and they need to make money. But a good way to make money is not by cheesing off your customers. How you present something for sale is everything!

I bought the EMP bundle on Black Friday like I do most years for use on these boxes. This year while the individual items themselves aren't bad I don't feel it is worth it for the gifter or reciever, especially with no account bound item. I went and spent it all on the new weapon skin lootboxes instead. Rates appeared to be their usual 2-3%.

• DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Not to keep resurrecting this thread but I just saw this article about TERA's Santa Event by mmobomb. Glad other people agree that these kind of events are just cheap schemes to cash in on the holidays. Unfortunately I don't think there's really much we can do. Complaining about events has never really changed things when there's money involved...

Tbh I really don't mind the golden gift boxes. They've been pretty cool in the past if you want to get something for your TERA friends. The addition of the impossible p2w mount is really the only thing that I don't like :/

I do think 2020 will be an interesting year for TERA though. I have a hard time believing that we'll end the next with the same cold shoulder.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@DeusFurta said:
    Not to keep resurrecting this thread but I just saw this article about TERA's Santa Event by mmobomb. Glad other people agree that these kind of events are just cheap schemes to cash in on the holidays. Unfortunately I don't think there's really much we can do. Complaining about events has never really changed things when there's money involved...

Tbh I really don't mind the golden gift boxes. They've been pretty cool in the past if you want to get something for your TERA friends. The addition of the impossible p2w mount is really the only thing that I don't like :/

I do think 2020 will be an interesting year for TERA though. I have a hard time believing that we'll end the next with the same cold shoulder.

Sad thing is that it must have worked in the past, which is why they are starting to incorporate it more in game now. You'd think people are smarter than that, but obviously, they are not.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed something about that mount: the description says that the ability to fly in Exodor lasts one hour, which is the same duration as that one item that you get from shop NPCs, but this time it's locked to that mount that also can only be used on one character.

So, assuming you're able to pull the mount from a single box, you're dropping ~$25US for a faster-than-average mount to bypass a restriction that shouldn't have been in place to begin with.

Good job, BHS/EME. You're really gonna bring in more people with this one.