[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Had the most wonderful GVN run today

Got in an IM group with 4 people who were obviously friends all in +15 yellow and purple gear. The slayer was extremely vulgar in chat but that really doesn't bother me. Tank was all over the place during the first boss and it took longer than normal to kill which is absurd because I'm used to running with level 67 players in Stormcry so I know my damage output is not the issue but whatever, no worries, not a peep from me.

2nd boss, Slayer is a floor mat, dead most of the fight. Tank was fine but healer must have been AFK, they just weren't healing at all. Healer dies for 5th time, I resurrect back to boss, around 75% health. Heal check comes in and tank dies, I take aggro as only me and the mystic are alive. I kite the boss away so they can resurrect. Everyone gets back up then debuff mechanic comes so I go to take rebuff because the mystic already had it, no heals afterward so I use a health potion. Afterwards heal check comes and a wipe and Slayer (the floor mat) starts in all caps how terrible I am (not in those words) and need to dodge mechanics. I reply, this fight is a heal check, I did not die to a dodgeable mechanic. This was followed by a "you died doing 2.5m" (I honestly figured it would be lower as I spent a good chunk of the fight kiting and what not) followed by a meter spam and a slew of trolling from every member present then kicked from the group.

This is the first time I have been kicked from a group in over 2 years. It honestly doesn't bother me at all because I know that I am a very good player and do very well at dodging plus stellar damage for my mediocre blue +10 gear. The reason I am posting this is because I know this happens to new players a lot and want to let you know that if this does happen to you don't let it bother you, report them and move along.

I joined another group 2 minutes later that had fallen apart on the 2nd boss and we replaced the dropped healer and dps and cleared it in one shot in about 4 minutes and they all had gear like mine.

Lessons to learn - +15 Kaia won't play the game for you, DPS meters are against TOS and 245 adventure coins wasted with one coin away from your yellow weapon should not deter you, just dust it off and keep going.

To all those players that were in that group - if you ever see me again please just boot me up front instead of wasting 20 minutes of my time to not clear a 15 minute dungeon, I appreciate it.

Comments

• 39HATFDXLY39HATFDXLY ✭✭
    edited March 31

Eh, I think you should ignore the kick honestly. For being good, GVNM isn't generally too hard, but in IM it's better to go into it with the mentality that you may wipe sometimes. There's alot of variables that could have happened there, perhaps the healer could have been lagging (the server has been awful lately tbf), perhaps the tank could have been learning or something else. If they're nice people, there's nothing wrong with getting back up and trying again imo, but if they berate you, it's better to just ignore it and join another group.

When I typically do IM (i've been sticking with AQ lately due to token farm for my alts), usually I go into it with the mentality that not all the runs will be perfect. If someone needs some advice on mechs, glitching the 2nd boss of AQ, etc I always go out of my way to try to help as much as I can. For gear, I don't really expect anyone to have the best gear or to be "the best" (I que some characters with +15 myth, some with +10 yellow and my lowest I que with lately is my +6 blue alt), but the one thing I look for in a party would be the attitude of the party members. I really enjoy meeting new people and having fun together even if we wipe in runs, and I have no issues with trying again if we wipe usually.

If we played together in IM, personally I wouldn't kick you or anyone else, I just don't see the point in acting toxic when the community (both PvE and PvP) are as small as it is (that goes for both sides, there's just no point in toxicity imo).

• I only kick offline people or those that refuse to port in and dont respond myself. I don't berate or belittle either and try to explain mechanics. I came back in December and have 40 some odd GVN clears. I only play about an hour a day.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭

@Fluffnificent said:
    Got in an IM group with 4 people who were obviously friends all in +15 yellow and purple gear. The slayer was extremely vulgar in chat but that really doesn't bother me. Tank was all over the place during the first boss and it took longer than normal to kill which is absurd because I'm used to running with level 67 players in Stormcry so I know my damage output is not the issue but whatever, no worries, not a peep from me.

2nd boss, Slayer is a floor mat, dead most of the fight. Tank was fine but healer must have been AFK, they just weren't healing at all. Healer dies for 5th time, I resurrect back to boss, around 75% health. Heal check comes in and tank dies, I take aggro as only me and the mystic are alive. I kite the boss away so they can resurrect. Everyone gets back up then debuff mechanic comes so I go to take rebuff because the mystic already had it, no heals afterward so I use a health potion. Afterwards heal check comes and a wipe and Slayer (the floor mat) starts in all caps how terrible I am (not in those words) and need to dodge mechanics. I reply, this fight is a heal check, I did not die to a dodgeable mechanic. This was followed by a "you died doing 2.5m" (I honestly figured it would be lower as I spent a good chunk of the fight kiting and what not) followed by a meter spam and a slew of trolling from every member present then kicked from the group.

This is the first time I have been kicked from a group in over 2 years. It honestly doesn't bother me at all because I know that I am a very good player and do very well at dodging plus stellar damage for my mediocre blue +10 gear. The reason I am posting this is because I know this happens to new players a lot and want to let you know that if this does happen to you don't let it bother you, report them and move along.

I joined another group 2 minutes later that had fallen apart on the 2nd boss and we replaced the dropped healer and dps and cleared it in one shot in about 4 minutes and they all had gear like mine.

Lessons to learn - +15 Kaia won't play the game for you, DPS meters are against TOS and 245 adventure coins wasted with one coin away from your yellow weapon should not deter you, just dust it off and keep going.

To all those players that were in that group - if you ever see me again please just boot me up front instead of wasting 20 minutes of my time to not clear a 15 minute dungeon, I appreciate it.

You should definitely report the folks in a ticket. While EME hasn't fully accepted DPS Meters, they definitely punish users for using it to harass users for "under performing".

• I reported them and moved on. They play on the same server as me. I could honestly care less about playing with them or anyone who condones their behavior. That's most of the reason I made this thread. In hopes they'll read it. I play a unique character, hard to forget.