[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Dungeons are unbalanced

Only RR, RK9 and AQ are queing and everything else is LFG by certain groups and no one can get into. RK9 is no fun RR is long and boring. AQ is good but u need +6 m/s dps to clear. I have no place in Tera anymore. RK9 needs to have it's HP reduced and so is RR. We need GVNM back. The drops are usless, why put scout gear mats in lvl 68 dungeons when at 68 you can get proper azart gear from broker or same dungeon for 3k or lower a piece. AQ rewards are not worth the grind IMO. The amount of feedstock dropping in RK or RR is so low it's a joke. I haven't seen a gold feedstock drop yet. I feel that this patch is meant for a certain group of players only. Those players are less than 5% of the population. Three days in and I lost interest. Not sure how long it will take the rest of the 95% to lose interest as well.

«134

Comments

  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

    @TheDarkWan said:
    Only RR, RK9 and AQ are queing and everything else is LFG by certain groups and no one can get into. RK9 is no fun RR is long and boring. AQ is good but u need +6 m/s dps to clear. I have no place in Tera anymore. RK9 needs to have it's HP reduced and so is RR. We need GVNM back. The drops are usless, why put scout gear mats in lvl 68 dungeons when at 68 you can get proper azart gear from broker or same dungeon for 3k or lower a piece. AQ rewards are not worth the grind IMO. The amount of feedstock dropping in RK or RR is so low it's a joke. I haven't seen a gold feedstock drop yet. I feel that this patch is meant for a certain group of players only. Those players are less than 5% of the population. Three days in and I lost interest. Not sure how long it will take the rest of the 95% to lose interest as well.

    This patch is already boring as [filtered] how many times do casuals have to run RR/RK before we say screw it and find another mmo to play.

  • @Elinu1 I think you missed the purpose of this patch, its to get "casual" players like yourself caught up, You could always ... idk get better at the game and run higher tier dungeons... ?

  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭

    @TheDarkWan said:
    Only RR, RK9 and AQ are queing and everything else is LFG by certain groups and no one can get into. RK9 is no fun RR is long and boring. AQ is good but u need +6 m/s dps to clear. I have no place in Tera anymore. RK9 needs to have it's HP reduced and so is RR. We need GVNM back. The drops are usless, why put scout gear mats in lvl 68 dungeons when at 68 you can get proper azart gear from broker or same dungeon for 3k or lower a piece. AQ rewards are not worth the grind IMO. The amount of feedstock dropping in RK or RR is so low it's a joke. I haven't seen a gold feedstock drop yet. I feel that this patch is meant for a certain group of players only. Those players are less than 5% of the population. Three days in and I lost interest. Not sure how long it will take the rest of the 95% to lose interest as well.

    We all started like that at some point lol???

  • FainallFainall ✭✭✭

    I don't know about you guys, but it's taking RR ages to que up, and I truly hate RK9. I have to agree on this, there is nothing for lower level or casual players to run.

  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭

    This is just the start @Fainall and @Elinu1 . 4 days in and you guys already feel it. Those people who say "get good" don't know what they are talking about. I mastered every class in the game, I'm in no way can be called a casual but even I felt very stressed during those 3 days. I got 7 characters to +6 anni/dark and weapons to +10 on those characters, I have no problem with grind. This roster of dungeons are very wrong and the drops are not worth it at all. Those who find the roster good are very few and they are the 5% I mentioned before and they don't care about the 95% and don't realize if the 95% left the game will be running on a population of 100 players per server. I never want to see this happen in Tera but this is where it will go if nothing changes soon.

  • Dungeons are fine but loot they give to us is unbalance.
    they raised gold and material for enchant and decrease the amount of gold from dungons gain,allso u cant gain pure refind stone from aq and no more luck to gain improved feedstone exept in CS.so mid tire player still have issue to farm and raise thier ilvl thats unbalance

  • @Xeroshu said:
    @Elinu1 I think you missed the purpose of this patch, its to get "casual" players like yourself caught up, You could always ... idk get better at the game and run higher tier dungeons... ?

    Kinda toxic to say honestly, but here's my observation on this patch. CSNM (especially with DD active) is VERY selective, and not just now, but the same as it was before this patch. Most people stick with friends or statics for LFG and IM is usually pretty much either people X-Queing or a small amount of players queing the dungeon and kicking people in gear that doesn't meet their standards (i.e I met someone that said they only want myth and kicked otherwise). The way this patch is, and this is speaking from someone with both +15 myth and full +9 pvp gear and pretty much at "end-game", there's a wall of sorts for people in the game. Removing the other dungeons and forcing people to do the harder dungeons while the community is the way it is, it's a recipe for disaster.

    I can say the same for PvP as well. Shorehold has been popping recently and there's been players complaining about "undergeared people" and kicking so they can raise their ranking. The issue with both this, and csnm / FA, is that it's a community issue imho. Realistically, the end-result of all of this will be driving players away from the game, when they should be encouraging players to play (especially long time players). I can also understand that this issue is inherently hard for EME to solve, but for pve, a little more dungeon variety that allows for "steps" would probably be much better imo.

  • noctrednoctred ✭✭
    edited April 10

    Gotta agree that nuking so many dungeons with nothing to replace them is kinda sketch and removing stepping stones for newer or less experienced players is just awkward. Gear is easier to get now but you can't buy experience, and with how the Tera community is the whole thing is just... I dunno.

    Don't understand the rationale.

  • yabiochyayabiochya
    edited April 10
    > @TheDarkWan said:
    > This is just the start @Fainall and @Elinu1 . 4 days in and you guys already feel it. Those people who say "get good" don't know what they are talking about. I mastered every class in the game, I'm in no way can be called a casual

    No but thinking anyone cares about your beyond distanced opinion is hilarious. Having +9 anni is irrelevant. All you had to do was channel swap for feedstock. CERTAINLY doesn’t make you a master. Everything else is spot on, every rpg has the 1-5% that will still play the game at a high level even if nobody else is because they like it.

    On topic rr/rk9 as a dps the queues are less than 5 minutes so idk what that is about. In either dungeon you can be done in under 10m if you just have 1-2 people doing above 5m which isn’t hard because of all the “geared” people spamming dungeons for the event items.

    > @Demonish said:
    > Dungeons are fine but loot they give to us is unbalance.
    > they raised gold and material for enchant and decrease the amount of gold from dungons gain,allso u cant gain pure refind stone from aq and no more luck to gain improved feedstone exept in CS.so mid tire player still have issue to farm and raise thier ilvl thats unbalance

    Dismantling blue/anni has chance of giving the pattern for the improved feedstock so farming lower dungeons for them isn’t that bad.
  • @TheDarkWan said:
    This is just the start @Fainall and @Elinu1 . 4 days in and you guys already feel it. Those people who say "get good" don't know what they are talking about. I mastered every class in the game, I'm in no way can be called a casual but even I felt very stressed during those 3 days. I got 7 characters to +6 anni/dark and weapons to +10 on those characters, I have no problem with grind. This roster of dungeons are very wrong and the drops are not worth it at all. Those who find the roster good are very few and they are the 5% I mentioned before and they don't care about the 95% and don't realize if the 95% left the game will be running on a population of 100 players per server. I never want to see this happen in Tera but this is where it will go if nothing changes soon.

    TLDR is in the bottom.
    No offense meant of course but just having full +10 gold is often not enough to easily access dungeons like Bahaar, FA and perhaps even CSN in some cases.

    "This roster of dungeons are very wrong and the drops are not worth it at all."
    If you're referring to exclusively RK, RR and AQ, then I don't know. But currently, Forbidden Arena is a very profitable dungeon to spam. In fact, everyone with gear and high enough experience with their class was spamming FA recently and earning a fat sum of loot doing so. The brooch that drops there itself is/was often worth 500k in gold, and the dungeon frequently drops annihilation and dark light gear, making it worth it.
    But yes, I too am confused as to why they'd remove so many normal mode dungeons and then buff the hardmodes. I happen to know the dungeons but a newer player attempting these instances will have no introduction or anything to prepare them for the mechanics and boss patterns, while probably still trying to learn their class ontop of it all. We used to have RMHM as one of the few big difficulty spikes in the game for people gearing, and people steer clear of it for the most part, struggling to clear it without multiple experienced players in their group. Can't say the normal mode prepared anyone for the hardmode though. The dungeons were unbalanced back then too.

    This "95%" number isn't very accurate. A bunch of people are already geared at least semi-decently like yourself, so if everyone that's still running RK/RR straight up leave, the server would still have a much higher number than 100 people playing. This doesn't mean that losing people is a good thing, though. I get your point though.

    Thank you, if you read this far. TL;DR:
    Dungeons are still unbalanced, favoring people that are experienced in them. Lategame dungeons are more profitable to run now, but require experience to clear. There are no easy ways to learn the hardmodes or endgame dungeons without being accepted into training runs. There appears to be very few, if any normal mode dungeons to learn your class in while finding out how to use your class against a certain boss.

  • DemonishDemonish ✭✭
    edited April 10

    the big problem is none of high gear player accept new player to CSN or Fa.
    i see some ppl those even turn eternal gear to mythical and half of other player still didnt see csn why ? becuse they only add friends , thats not fair this isnt a solo game and when players left game no one can enjoy of their set in a closed game.
    EME must make a easier version with lower loot on CSN/FA throw IM like thing that blizzard do in some old patchs for new player.
    bosses in dungeons become easier but loot reduced , maybe new player can reach to some mythical gear too

  • @Demonish Hold it one sec.. I had clear CSNM 5 times. Its hard for me to find groups? yes, i have all 10 Anni gear and even knowing everything i got a hard time with ppl rejecting or elitist saying they want fast runs or even saying they want mithycal gear dps....thats funny cause, how can i get my myhical gear if u are not allowing me to do the dungeon where u get the mats for? But....its NOT a difficult dugeon. U can practice 3 or 4 times and thats it, u ll get it. The problem relies on...I CANT PRACTICE CAUSE NOONE ALLOWS NEWBIES TO PLAY OR TAKE THEM. But again...not difficult dungeon

  • How to resolve casual/new player problem ? it's simple, create a LFG (learning run) enjoy! ;)

  • @kamizuru said:
    How to resolve casual/new player problem ? it's simple, create a LFG (learning run) enjoy! ;)

    Nope, even with LFG its hard for people to get it done. Lots of people are unhappy because of the way the community is in regards to the run in both IM and LFG. A friend created a LFG earlier trying to get a CSNM party and people refused to run with him

  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭

    Remember when HH was released for the first time? the amount of players who tried to get in and do it was amazing. I still haven't seen anything like it. When the dragons were summoned it was the biggest joke I have ever seen, raids wiped in seconds. The point is there is plenty of players who like Tera and are excited to play but EME shoots them down and kicked them out of content by putting gear and experience blocks that drove them away and then HH became a joke only done by a certain group and friends carrying their friends in there. LFG is killing the game IMO, I think If LFG is removed players must turn to each other and help each other learn and grow.

Sign In or Register to comment.