[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Jewelry upgrade disgust

This is truly unfortunate:

Those of us who play mid and top tier dungeons understand how difficult it is to farm and the time it takes to get the final items (jewelry, gear, etc.). Let's ignore that it becomes easier when you are with very experienced people who make perfect dungeons and speed up the farming process.

On Monday, April 13, my two best friends have settled all their gold and diamonds (+200 diamonds between them) to get Radiant jewelry. Today, a tease appears: 74% chance of updating success. Are you kidding?

I contacted support and their response was as follows:
I truly understand the frustration of how you feel about the situation. However, while we do not post about Upgrade Events and such but this is not something we can compensate for the lost materials. There are some changes in the game that we do not post in Forums nor in News like the materials used for enhancements. With that, we truly apologize for this issue and we do hope you understand.

One can try very hard and everything will be in vain because we will have the gear top tier extremely free of charge. Since they don't care about the players. They with a command get any game item full stats. But we have lost hours to learn Bahaar / GVH / GLSH none of that matters. Come on, I've been playing since 2014 and I can't swallow the lie "we understand your frustrations". We all know that a GMs is rare to play TERA (for work or other inconveniences) and it is still rarer for him to play top tier

Sorry for my bad english. Good night and thanks for reading

Comments

• OurlordOurlord ✭✭

@EvDiegoth said:

Those of us who play mid and top tier dungeons understand how difficult it is to farm and the time it takes to get the final items (jewelry, gear, etc.). Let's ignore that it becomes easier when you are with very experienced people who make perfect dungeons and speed up the farming process.

On Monday, April 13, my two best friends have settled all their gold and diamonds (+200 diamonds between them) to get Radiant jewelry. Today, a tease appears: 74% chance of updating success. Are you kidding?

I truly understand the frustration of how you feel about the situation. However, while we do not post about Upgrade Events and such but this is not something we can compensate for the lost materials. There are some changes in the game that we do not post in Forums nor in News like the materials used for enhancements. With that, we truly apologize for this issue and we do hope you understand.

One can try very hard and everything will be in vain because we will have the gear top tier extremely free of charge. Since they don't care about the players. They with a command get any game item full stats. But we have lost hours to learn Bahaar / GVH / GLSH none of that matters. Come on, I've been playing since 2014 and I can't swallow the lie "we understand your frustrations". We all know that a GMs is rare to play TERA (for work or other inconveniences) and it is still rarer for him to play top tier

hahahahahaHAHAH!!! Best game!

• EvDiegothEvDiegoth ✭✭
    edited April 15
    > @Ourlord said:
    > (Quote)
    > hahahahahaHAHAH!!! Best game!

I would love to know the reason for your laugh.
  • edited April 15

Honestly, I know this isn't the answer you want, but I know why they have to have this policy. There's literally no way you can do this that would be fair to everyone.

Let's say they decide to announce on the forum+website+socials+launcher, one week in advance, that this change to enchanting is coming. First of all, such an announcement would dramatically change the in-game economy as everyone adjusts to prepare, and those who get the message first would have a major market advantage. But besides, even if they did that, you would still have people who literally spent all their money enchanting the day before the announcement wanting compensation. Let's say you did decide to offer compensation to anyone who enchanted their gear within 5 days of the announcement; then you'd still have people who enchanted 6 days before who'd say it's not fair. The logistics of offering any sort of compensation in a fair and equitable way are not scalable because there could be hundreds of impacted people to one degree or another.

This is not in any way trying to excuse the lack of communication on other issues, which is a big problem we are actively complaining about almost every day. But for this specific type of thing, it's like anything that will cause a major in-game economic shift: the only way to make it fair/equal to everyone is if it hits everyone at exactly the same time and no one is advantaged/disadvantaged with time to prepare (hoard/dump mats, sell things at a higher price knowing a drop is coming, etc.) (As far as I know, absolutely no players knew it was coming; Player Council had no idea either. There were no signs/indications from K-TERA.)

While it truly does suck that your friends literally enchanted the day before, it's not really any different from anyone else who did the same thing a week before or a month before (or that would have done the same before any announcement they might have done). Their timing was really, really unlucky, and that sucks. Nearly anyone would have waited if they had known this was coming, and that doesn't change no matter how early you make the announcement.

The way I always approach all MMOs (not just this one) is that everything is transient, and anything you put effort towards will be nerfed to the ground or rendered worthless at some point. (Consider also the people who spent nearly huge time leveling to 70 compared to today when it's been nerfed to the ground. Or time spent grinding for/echanting past BiS gear that are now not even useful as fodder. It's the way of MMOs...)

• OurlordOurlord ✭✭

@EvDiegoth said:

@Ourlord said:
    (Quote)
    hahahahahaHAHAH!!! Best game!

I would love to know the reason for your laugh.

Of you and your friend. lmaoo... You dont get it??? mEME have been doing this for years.

• to be fair, i did the same on my main and just never bothered on my alts until now thanks to how the rate was before. PvP gear is 100x worse if your rng is bad though imo since it can take millions to get +9 and getting plates (less so now with cheaper bell credits, but still kinda so) is a grindfest with the only BG giving them being shorehold. If it makes you feel better, you aren't alone though since that happened to alot of people recently

• i´m with counterpoint in this one. Also i think the point with this patches is to make alts more relevant, so its actually nice to have a less pain in [filtered] grind with jewelery. We have enought RNG already...... I upgrade my rings and earrings before this patch and im not mad with this change, im actually glad cause i can upgrade my jewelery in my alts and not frustrate to the ground....

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited April 15

I guess I look at it like this...if I see a cute pair of boots in a store and they are $150 and I save up and buy them...then 3 weeks later they clearance them for half price would I go back and demand half my money back? No of course not. And in the end even though it sucks I had to spend twice as much...I still have the boots and I found the price acceptable that they were before. If I hadn't I wouldn't have bought them. Same with the jewelry on the game. It's not like you HAVE to upgrade it but you found it acceptable to do it as it stood that day that you did it.

• Fail at 79% like I did yesterday then get disgusted. It went through at 81
  • My main gripe was that it was not announced even after the patch. "There are some changes in the game that we do not post in Forums nor in News like the materials used for enhancements" just makes it sound like it was a conscious decision not to include that in any notes, which is just awful transparency.

The other thing is that other upgrades get a more gradual change in rates over time, and it feels a lot more natural and acceptable when the changes go in. You would see magnitudes of double, maybe quadruple the ease. This is straight up 10 times easier.

• @EvDiegoth said:

is your 1st year in tera or something?
    This ever happend in tera and you have tons of time for upgrade before they put it more easy. And they put this rate cuz in Ktera new Jewelry is prox to arrive.

• @Konatta98 said:

@EvDiegoth said:

is your 1st year in tera or something?
    This ever happend in tera and you have tons of time for upgrade before they put it more easy. And they put this rate cuz in Ktera new Jewelry is prox to arrive.

You didn't understand anything about the publication.
    Beyond what was lost. They are aware that they do not want to publish anything. Even after releasing the patch.
    I insist, I doubt you understand anything if you commit a straw man fallacy. It is the last thing I answer you. I don't waste my time with people who love fallacies to support their weak argument.
    Now go ahead and intoxicate other posts. Don't waste your time here.

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited April 17

Just read EU Patch lol
    EME dont public all patch since 2 years :shrug:
    People read patch note from KTera, when are released in EU and laugh when EME post their patch xd

• edited April 17

@Oicwutudidthur said:
    My main gripe was that it was not announced even after the patch. "There are some changes in the game that we do not post in Forums nor in News like the materials used for enhancements" just makes it sound like it was a conscious decision not to include that in any notes, which is just awful transparency.

The other thing is that other upgrades get a more gradual change in rates over time, and it feels a lot more natural and acceptable when the changes go in. You would see magnitudes of double, maybe quadruple the ease. This is straight up 10 times easier.

These two points I can agree with. Even though it's probably best to announce it with the patch, it is better to announce everything at least when it happens. (That being said, honestly, I am not sure if they knew themselves that it would be in the hotfix BHS sent them. Saying "we don't announce everything" can sometimes also be "because we aren't always told everything" without saying so.) And yeah, the extent of the change is a bit drastic -- a bit of "easing" wouldn't be out of place. At the same time, IMO, that easing should have started a long time ago, so we're sort of playing catch up. So yeah, for these points, I can definitely agree.

• I agree with fainfall. Sucks that you paid alot. Oh well. The world isn't fair.

• EME has been doing this for awhile. Think about the "Boss of Shara" title. It used to be kill 100 of named world bosses. Some bosses had up to 36 hour respawns. It took months to farm it. I farmed hard and earned that title. Willoe was the award. There was only a handful of people on my server who had the title.

EME changed it to only require 1 of each. If you're super lucky, you can farm this title in as little as a few days. YOU CAN EVEN BUY WILLOE NOW. There is literally no prestige to the title. It took around 3 months of farming 8-12 hours a day, waiting for boss respawns. It majorly sucks, but that is a part of the game.