[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Game don't start on Steam and can't also start the stand-alone launcher.

The title says all. I downloaded the game on Steam, hit start and nothing happens. Then I tried the stand-alone launcher and after downloading it the launcher doesn't start.

Can't be on my end. I just brought the PC of a regular maintenance/cleaning, my Windows 10 64 bits Pro edition is up to date till the present day. and i come from SEA. i know SEA not blocked anymore since server SHEN came up.

Someone can lead to a workaround or some way to make the game work on Windows 10? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• not alone, wont work for me either

• Same. Tried reinstalls, port forwarding, exceptions in both Firewall and antivirus, turning off both firewalls and antivirus, doing clean boots. the only thing I haven't done is reformat and I'm not going to do that for a single game.

• toyatoyatoyatoya ✭✭

same, i had to use the verify files on steam to find that i had 5k files missing and started an update after, strange thing is that auto update on steam is on. Now i have to wait for Enmasse launcher to do another update X_X...donno why since steam did one before...another hour of waiting

• I'm having this exact issue as well. The launcher shows up in my task manager for a split second and closes. I tried reinstalling the game multiple times in both Steam and via the launcher to no avail.

• I'm having the same issue. Tried rebooting pc, router, port forwarding, turning off firewall, etc etc etc. Support has been of zero help.
  • ZandoraiZandorai
    edited May 17

Guess I have the same issue as the rest here. Game installs fine on Steam, and the launcher updates itself (first run), and I can login just fine, but then the launcher bugs out with "unknown error". Tried using the standalone launcher and the same thing happens so the game won't even install. Here is what I see:

Imgur

I've tried everything I can think of: whitelisting / exceptions in Windows 10 antivirus / firewall, using "netsh" commands to reset my connection (on 2 ISPs), and running the launcher in compatibility mode / as admin. Nada.

Edit: May have solved the issue. The one thing I hadn't tried up til now was to clear out my Hosts file, after I did that, the launcher worked and the game is downloading. Hopefully I'll be able play soon. =)

• Had the same issues as those above. Managed to solve it through support assistance. I use NordVPN and apparently one of their updates (April 27 in my case) causes an issue with connecting to TERA. Below is a copy paste of the feedback I got.

Disable NordLynx VPN - in at least two cases so far, players running into this issue were able to resolve it by disabling the Nordlynx VPN adapter in their Internet/Network settings, even if the Nordlynx adapter wasn't actively being used.

Hope this helps.

• @49YPG97AHG said:
    Had the same issues as those above. Managed to solve it through support assistance. I use NordVPN and apparently one of their updates (April 27 in my case) causes an issue with connecting to TERA. Below is a copy paste of the feedback I got.

Disable NordLynx VPN - in at least two cases so far, players running into this issue were able to resolve it by disabling the Nordlynx VPN adapter in their Internet/Network settings, even if the Nordlynx adapter wasn't actively being used.

Hope this helps.

You are my hero!!!!!! Literal hours of searching with zero results. I couldn't disable the adapter so i just uninstalled Nord and success!!!! Guess I'll never be using Nord ever again.