[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Anniversary Event Discussion

Comments

• ManamiCManamiC ✭✭

EME is different from EU and they have restrictions on what they can do outside of KTera which is different compared to Europe. I would like a lot of PvP events to come back, such as Diamond jackpots 2 years ago in 2017 and 2018 which GREATLY increased the activity of the likes of Corsairs and Fraywind. Now it was abused because it was also added in 3v3 skyring, but if they remove that and gridiron, and mainly kept it in Fraywind and Shorehold, then that will massively help the scene and make half the playerbase content for a long while again. At least that is what I believe and I welcome any PvP player to refute what I said if they disagree.

• ManamiCManamiC ✭✭

I wouild like triple drops but also Diamond or Silver Plate jackpots for PvP battleground. Because having one hurts the other, I welcome alternative days where 1 week or 1 day is triple drop, and the other is Silver Plate Jackpots for Battleground. This will be very welcomed by the community and give us a sense of rewards for this specifal month

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

Please make the tokens bankable. So many of mine are going to waste. It's not just from accidentally logging on to the wrong character first each day, but if you accidentally stay logged on to the wrong character when the daily reset on the tokens happens.

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

i don't think missing out on a single chupatoken every day is the end of the world mate.

• DavriDavri ✭✭

@TJKat said:
    Please make the tokens bankable. So many of mine are going to waste. It's not just from accidentally logging on to the wrong character first each day, but if you accidentally stay logged on to the wrong character when the daily reset on the tokens happens.

@TJKat to prevent that happening, I have an alarm lol. Note that the reset timer for the Chupatoken event is at 5pm PT, or 12:00am UTC.

• LMAOOOOO this is gold. Thanks for the chuckle suckers.

• seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully some good feedback can help for the next few events and if there are any urgent changes needed then it may be reflected asap ! :)

• So has anyone tried opening the Exodor Enchantment Support Box yet?

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

@Oicwutudidthur said:
    So has anyone tried opening the Exodor Enchantment Support Box yet?

Not me i have been stocking up on the masks and sheaths for alts, will be opening card boxes soon. The box is probably crap anyway.

• @Oicwutudidthur said:
    So has anyone tried opening the Exodor Enchantment Support Box yet?

Not me but is probably only mats for enchant Scout gear?!

• Exodor Enchantment Support Box Gives improved and dark feedstocks
  • @Jeyzz98 said:
    Exodor Enchantment Support Box Gives improved and dark feedstocks

Got any quantitative amounts to get a sense of how good or bad it is?

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

As I was grinding endless dungeons on ONE char, something occurred to me. They just have to get that grind in somewhere. They took away the horrible level 65-70 grind and players were delighted. But then they said oh no you have to grind....there has to be GRIND. So they made us grind away on ONE char for tokens that are unbankable. I started to do it on another char, and I just couldn't. They keep doing it, if you wanted those wings you had to grind. If you wanted the dark pixie the first time you had to grind. If you wanted the dragon boat you had to grind. This time if you want ANYTHING you have to grind. There are so few dungeons and so little inspiration to grind on one char through all that. I think it's time for game devs to realize that most gamers don't actually like to grind. We are over it. We did that on 3 dozen other games ages ago. Gamers have grown up, they want something a little more stimulating. A little more diverse. A little more inspiring. They also need to realize that gamers aren't all 16 years old anymore either. We have gotten older. That grind is hard on us and we have things to do. Also we have gotten to the point where we don't want to feel like you just want to keep us on the game for hours for sheer numbers. Chances are we are going to do that anyway. We want to feel a bit appreciated. There needs to be a balance...even with events.

• edited May 12

@Fainall said:
    I think it's time for game devs to realize that most gamers don't actually like to grind. We are over it. We did that on 3 dozen other games ages ago. Gamers have grown up, they want something a little more stimulating. A little more diverse. A little more inspiring.

The problem is that there is, indeed, still a group of hardcore players who will do the grind. These kinds of events are meant primarily to appeal to that very small but very-dedicated group of players, and be "aspirational" to push others to increase their playtime. (Whether the rewards this time are enough to be aspirational may be a different issue...)

But I think for something like an anniversary event they should have multiple parallel paths. That's what they did in many previous years where (eventually) you could choose a bunch of different ways to earn tokens, so I'm still hopeful that more options/events are put on the table.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:

@Fainall said:
    I think it's time for game devs to realize that most gamers don't actually like to grind. We are over it. We did that on 3 dozen other games ages ago. Gamers have grown up, they want something a little more stimulating. A little more diverse. A little more inspiring.

The problem is that there is, indeed, still a group of hardcore players who will do the grind. These kinds of events are meant primarily to appeal to that very small but very-dedicated group of players, and be "aspirational" to push others to increase their playtime. (Whether the rewards this time are enough to be aspirational may be a different issue...)

But I think for something like an anniversary event they should have multiple parallel paths. That's what they did in many previous years where (eventually) you could choose a bunch of different ways to earn tokens, so I'm still hopeful that more options/events are put on the table.

Will do it, and enjoy it aren't the same thing. I did do it for this event...once. I just can't do it again. I had to put a pain patch on my shoulder when I was done and my neck is still sore from sitting hunched over doing dungeon after dungeon on the same char...with the same skills and the same rotation and zzzzz. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging in a very different way. Grinding isn't fun. Sure there are a handful of people who actually like to mindlessly grind. But the majority of people simply don't enjoy it, it's just that they want the item bad enough to give up their life to get it. I couldn't do it on the past events. I tried, but in the end the prize wasn't worth a trip to the chiropractor. The thing with this one is that Rox said it was supposed to be geared toward the casual players, but it's not. Casual players don't want to grind for hours and hours on end either.