[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Anniversary Event Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• Jeyzz98Jeyzz98
    edited May 12

@Oicwutudidthur said:

@Jeyzz98 said:
    Exodor Enchantment Support Box Gives improved and dark feedstocks

Got any quantitative amounts to get a sense of how good or bad it is?

https://ibb.co/0MRY2jJ here

• @Oicwutudidthur said:

@Jeyzz98 said:
    Exodor Enchantment Support Box Gives improved and dark feedstocks

Got any quantitative amounts to get a sense of how good or bad it is?

I opened one and got 16 of the blue repair mats. Some people open and get improved feedstock. So a range of a couple hundred gold worth to 100k+ gold worth of stuff. May the random number generator be in your favor

• @Fainall said:

@counterpoint said:

@Fainall said:
    I think it's time for game devs to realize that most gamers don't actually like to grind. We are over it. We did that on 3 dozen other games ages ago. Gamers have grown up, they want something a little more stimulating. A little more diverse. A little more inspiring.

The problem is that there is, indeed, still a group of hardcore players who will do the grind. These kinds of events are meant primarily to appeal to that very small but very-dedicated group of players, and be "aspirational" to push others to increase their playtime. (Whether the rewards this time are enough to be aspirational may be a different issue...)

But I think for something like an anniversary event they should have multiple parallel paths. That's what they did in many previous years where (eventually) you could choose a bunch of different ways to earn tokens, so I'm still hopeful that more options/events are put on the table.

Will do it, and enjoy it aren't the same thing. I did do it for this event...once. I just can't do it again. I had to put a pain patch on my shoulder when I was done and my neck is still sore from sitting hunched over doing dungeon after dungeon on the same char...with the same skills and the same rotation and zzzzz. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging in a very different way. Grinding isn't fun. Sure there are a handful of people who actually like to mindlessly grind. But the majority of people simply don't enjoy it, it's just that they want the item bad enough to give up their life to get it. I couldn't do it on the past events. I tried, but in the end the prize wasn't worth a trip to the chiropractor. The thing with this one is that Rox said it was supposed to be geared toward the casual players, but it's not. Casual players don't want to grind for hours and hours on end either.

Respectfully I'd like to suggest that maybe mmorpgs are just not for you anymore. There is a lot to do in Tera and there are a lot of classes to try if you get bored of one and a lot of dungeons to master if you get bored of the others. If grinding isn't fun, then don't grind. The chupatokens are not worth worrying about.

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

@Fainall said:
    The thing with this one is that Rox said it was supposed to be geared toward the casual players, but it's not.

[citation needed]

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited May 12

@Akilleez89 said:

@Fainall said:

@counterpoint said:

@Fainall said:
    I think it's time for game devs to realize that most gamers don't actually like to grind. We are over it. We did that on 3 dozen other games ages ago. Gamers have grown up, they want something a little more stimulating. A little more diverse. A little more inspiring.

The problem is that there is, indeed, still a group of hardcore players who will do the grind. These kinds of events are meant primarily to appeal to that very small but very-dedicated group of players, and be "aspirational" to push others to increase their playtime. (Whether the rewards this time are enough to be aspirational may be a different issue...)

But I think for something like an anniversary event they should have multiple parallel paths. That's what they did in many previous years where (eventually) you could choose a bunch of different ways to earn tokens, so I'm still hopeful that more options/events are put on the table.

Will do it, and enjoy it aren't the same thing. I did do it for this event...once. I just can't do it again. I had to put a pain patch on my shoulder when I was done and my neck is still sore from sitting hunched over doing dungeon after dungeon on the same char...with the same skills and the same rotation and zzzzz. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging in a very different way. Grinding isn't fun. Sure there are a handful of people who actually like to mindlessly grind. But the majority of people simply don't enjoy it, it's just that they want the item bad enough to give up their life to get it. I couldn't do it on the past events. I tried, but in the end the prize wasn't worth a trip to the chiropractor. The thing with this one is that Rox said it was supposed to be geared toward the casual players, but it's not. Casual players don't want to grind for hours and hours on end either.

Respectfully I'd like to suggest that maybe mmorpgs are just not for you anymore. There is a lot to do in Tera and there are a lot of classes to try if you get bored of one and a lot of dungeons to master if you get bored of the others. If grinding isn't fun, then don't grind. The chupatokens are not worth worrying about.

I have one of every class at level 70 in gold gear or better. I think you are missing the point I was trying to make. And also just because I don't want to grind into oblivion for an event, and I don't think most other people do either means i should stop playing MMOs? Telling people they shouldn't play is a great way to keep your game alive.

• " I had to put a pain patch on my shoulder when I was done and my neck is still sore from sitting hunched over doing dungeon after dungeon on the same char...with the same skills and the same rotation and zzzzz. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging in a very different way. Grinding isn't fun. "

MMORPGs are grindy is all I meant to say. I only see "People don't like to grind for stuff during an event" but I see no suggestions. So if the items drop from the dungeons instead of the tokens, you still gotta grind dungeons. If they drop from bams or monsters, you still have to grind those. If they come from emote parties in highwatch, you still gotta emote grind. I have quit and come back recently so I sitll have tons of dungeons I need to learn so maybe I just can't relate. What events would you like to see?

• HargoreHargore ✭✭
    edited May 12

Back to tera from some time, have few keys stored, whats the best box to open for the event ? enchanting/gold farm wise.

• @metagame said:

@Fainall said:
    The thing with this one is that Rox said it was supposed to be geared toward the casual players, but it's not.

[citation needed]

They said it on the discord, it was even quoted earlier in this thread. Unless they deleted the message, it was literally for everyone to see. I'm not even in the discord, but I was told that they called it casual friendly by my guildies.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited May 12

@Akilleez89 said:
    " I had to put a pain patch on my shoulder when I was done and my neck is still sore from sitting hunched over doing dungeon after dungeon on the same char...with the same skills and the same rotation and zzzzz. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging in a very different way. Grinding isn't fun. "

MMORPGs are grindy is all I meant to say. I only see "People don't like to grind for stuff during an event" but I see no suggestions. So if the items drop from the dungeons instead of the tokens, you still gotta grind dungeons. If they drop from bams or monsters, you still have to grind those. If they come from emote parties in highwatch, you still gotta emote grind. I have quit and come back recently so I sitll have tons of dungeons I need to learn so maybe I just can't relate. What events would you like to see?

I have made suggestions all over...we all have. We want the tokens to be bankable so we don't have to endlessly grind on ONE char. We want the costs lowered because they said that this is for casual players....what casual player is going to run MC three times to buy a PEARL? Heck people are asking for you to have 480+ to even do spam parties in RR. It's nuts. We want enchanting events and events to get enchanting mats. There have been so many suggestions...and they fall on deaf ears. By comparison EU has crazy awesome events. We get garbage. People are frustrated, it's not just me. But to grind your life away for nominal prizes is just a NO! If you want the loot pet...just a loot pet. Not a companion or anything else, you need 200 tokens. If you are a casual player and doing RR/RK9 you get 2-3 tokens per run...do the math.

• edited May 13

Enjoyment? In an mmo? That's a good one. The age of enjoyment is over. The age of grinding has dawned. Praise akasha.

• WeridWerid ✭✭

I wish they will bring back old kumasylum :( even if its just an event
    It was fun 3 kumas vs 5 people :(