[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

something needs to be done with enchanting

I know I am just talking to the choir here and yeah maybe i just need to get it off my chest. I love tera mostly. Saved up 16 improved weapon feedstocks. Took my +13 Kaia fists and said yes its finally time. 16 enchants and a ton of gold later I now have plus 10 powerfists. This is the sort of thing that makes people just rage quit and you lose a customer. I know it should not be a breeze to get +15 but this was silly. I hope you have enough people buying stuff to keep the servers up cause after that I am not going to help support you anymore.

Well just needed to get that off my chest, i know it wont change and I know no one cares, this post is more for my own need to keep from screaming.

Comments

• MrWolfyMrWolfy ✭✭

I personally feel that at +14 and +15 the chance of de-enchantment level should occur, with +12 +13 just having more chance of failing.

But yeah, going from +14 back down to +10 is really bad, I'd almost opt for a system where I would need a lot of mats, or a lot of gold, (like enchanting from gold to mythic gear.) where you need to put a lot more mats and gold to the enchantment, but its 100% guaranteed.?

Just my two cents!

Woof * wags his tail *
    Wolfy

• they added a new npc in dungeons that sell scrolls for this problem. You should first farm some aq to get some scrolls then try to + weapon, at least you won;t go down that way

• ThemelonThemelon ✭✭

Just putting it out there that the NPC is a rare spawn and in addition, you need a ton of the scrolls to secure 1 attempt. Meaning you would need to encounter the npc probably more than 5-10 times to get enough to safeguard 1 try. Not to discount how much gold it takes to buy the scrolls and the quantity you need increases as your enchantment level increases... it's not really much help if you are banking on that.

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭

People quit in frustration during the old awakening enchantment system when your gear could downgrade and no matter how many times you tried your odds of success didn't change, for some reason they brought it back but with twice as many downgradeable levels and your gear "breaks" for no reason except to cause further annoyance.

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

I feel you my kaia's disc took me 52 tries to finally get +15, i was very frustrated how many times it went down.

• FODOKCHFODOKCH ✭✭

@Valeriu disse:
    they added a new npc in dungeons that sell scrolls for this problem. You should first farm some aq to get some scrolls then try to + weapon, at least you won;t go down that way

Impossible i had to run 50+ to get just one try, the NPC is useless, another thing is the scroll is not 100% sometimes the npc will just sell the scroll of 30% sometimes 70% and u need about 11 of each to make the specific effect.

• It is cheaper just to buy a +12, +13, +14, or +15 gear on TB. Saves ALOT of headache.
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭

Ya im pretty much done with this game and its stupid enchanting system. Gear progress in this game is just luck. nothing more. I spent over 10mil gold this weekend on improved enchanting mats (I already had a ton of normal feedstock famred). I ended up with a +10 weapon (was +12). and +12 boots (started at +13). That is it. nothing else. nothing to +15 after hundreds of attempts and ended up worst then I started? because obviously that makes perfect sense. Downgrades simply needs to be removed.

They introduced a "fix" with the merchant but it is honestly just trash and even calling it a fix is stretching it.
    RNG if merchant shows up, RNG on what the merchant sells, RNG on the scrolls if it even protects/safeguards the enchanted item and you need to get this rare merchant about 5-15 times for 1 try. I get it about once every maybe 20-30 runs so I have to 200+ runs for ONE 50% chance of being a safe attempt???? How did that make sense to anybody

This system might be bring in more money now since you could need potentially need an infinite amount of mats to enchant your gear. But it is also causing so many people to leave. I guess the longevity of this game is not important and they just want money now.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

I too feel your pain, every time they have an enchanting event I end up with my gear worse than it was when I started. I watch the screen, very very few people make it to +15. It makes me want to quit every time. As it is I stopped spending money on this game because of it.

• only ever enchant during 100% extra bonus enchant event. don't ever enchant gear outside of that, even the latest 30% extra bonus enchant event is a scam. these are bonuses from base enchant rate(maybe 2-5% is base).

• HitAhARD16HitAhARD16 ✭✭
    edited June 30

Even 100% is a joke. 100% of 2-5% is 4-10% but dont look at it that way its really a 90-96% chance of failing.

35 improved feed stock went from 10+ to +12 with 10+ fail damage.
    Almost 4.4 million gold in improved feedstock plus the cost of fail, fail damaged, fail reduced.

Remember when people complained about the feedstock alkahest enchanting system? Well we have upgraded from that cancer to flull blown AIDS enjoy!!

I just wont bother enchanting at this point, as im very fond of saying its RNG, i hope everybody else's was 100% better than mine. (see what i did there?)

• I feel your pain but I'm happy to find out that I'm one of many. I will save up to buy +15 because in the long run it seems to be cheaper and definitely a lot less frustration.

• hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    edited July 1

@LordEmperorShinigami said:
    I feel your pain but I'm happy to find out that I'm one of many. I will save up to buy +15 because in the long run it seems to be cheaper and definitely a lot less frustration.

This sadly doesnt work great either, as it can take a long time to find someone. I know people who have been spamming for weeks trying to buy +15 gear from other players but have had no offers. The gear is rare due to luck being the only way to get it, then it has to be the gear part you need, and for the class you play.

• hellnohellno ✭✭✭

Maybe we can have a no downgrade or damage enchanting event. That would be awesome

• ThemelonThemelon ✭✭

Just to share your pain, one of my good friend quit because he spent close to 100 attempts on weapon and its not +15. For me, I did about 70 attempts on weapon and its at +13 now. X_X while i know someone who got 3 weapons to +15 within like 50 attempts lol... you get people all over the spectrum but I guess most have luck like ours