[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

I'm getting the impression that the devs don't want us to do things on Exodor Archipelago

1. All 4 major islands only have 1 teleport spot, which makes travelling across, to the other side really tedious.
  2. Travelling to the outer islands is gated behind Azart Elixirs, which are only obtainable through reputation credits (200 each) and 4 daily vanguard requests in Exodor.
  3. The 4 daily vanguard requests give you 0 gold, you only get 1 Elixir per request.
  4. Exodor Farmlands is the worst one to get 100 mobs on because the only spot where there's a group of mobs is the Naga area, but those mobs stagger you very frequently, which breaks your rotations, cancels your skills and just makes you run away instead.
  5. Azart Elixirs, which allow travel through those jump spots and allow you to fly in Exodor only last 10 minutes each, which is close to nothing, specially if you want to fish.
  6. Monsters mostly only drop skill advancement experience and the occasional Duranium gear or very rare Weapon/Armor Feedstock, which is worth 50 gold, so the drops are absolute garbage.
  7. BAMs have no special drops, no increased drop rate, it's just very unrewarding in general.
  8. The whole archipelago requires the Azart Elixir if you want to fly anywhere, and since the Elixirs don't last long and you don't get that many in a day, you're limited by time, which makes even less sense, specially since the mob drops are garbage, so why gate the whole island behind some Elixir?

My suggestions:
1. Remove Azart Elixirs altogether and allow free flight across the whole archipelago.
2. Add 2 or 3 additional teleport locations on each of the 4 major islands so travel is more efficient.
3. If your character has maxed out his/her skill advancement, disable skill advancement experience drops altogether.
4. Add Gold to Exodor Vanguard Request rewards, so that it's actually worth doing.
5. Increase the number of reputation credits you can get in a day, but make it more time consuming.
6. ...

I could think of more but none come to mind right now.
Thanks for reading.
See ya

Comments

• Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭

I thought someone had said, (though this was months ago) that in Ktera they were going to remove the flight restrictions in Exodor and just let flight happen all the time? Did I dream seeing that maybe?

• RonLawRonLaw ✭✭

@Concepcion30 said:
    I thought someone had said, (though this was months ago) that in Ktera they were going to remove the flight restrictions in Exodor and just let flight happen all the time? Did I dream seeing that maybe?

I thought I read that some where too

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

They push you into buying the glacial/glimmering ice dragon.

• RoxyRichterRoxyRichter ✭✭
    edited June 30
    1. I mean, you can always teleport to the next island and then back to the one you wanna go. That way you don't have to travel across a whole island.
    2. If you have Elite – which is really cheap to buy using Gold right now, unless you don't play often –, you can just save locations. I saved all 3 fishing areas (the small islands with a fish icon) + Station in the first island. That way I can buy bait and go back to the fishing spots without using Elixir.
    3. That's how they market the Glimmering Ice Dragon – basically infinite Elixir with 1 hour duration and 1 hour cooldown – and Glacial Dragon – 1 hour duration and 24 hour cooldown. But honestly, if you have Elite you shouldn't even bother with those. I got both because I maxed my main character so I just started collecting mounts, pets, cosmetics and stuff. Would be nice if they gave us double the limit of saved locations for Elite though.
    4. I feel you. I just do the other three because Exodor Farmlands takes a long time since mobs are all scattered. Even the Naga spot doesn't have as much mobs in one place as the other islands do. And I'm a Mystic so it's really easy not being staggered/stunned/knocked down, even then it takes a long time because there aren't enough mobs.
    5. Same as 3.
    6. Yeah, I feel like drops were a bit better a few patches ago. I remember getting Improved Dark Shard Weapon/Armor Feedstock every now and then, and also a good amount of boxes. Haven't dropped those in ages, and I do the quests almost daily.
    7. Yeah, there's no point in killing them after you're done with main quests.
    8. That's obviously not an issue for me because of Glimmering Ice Dragon, but even before I got one I would only fly in Exodor Farmlands once so I could get to the Naga spot. I'm not sure you have Elite or not but if you do and you spend a lot of time in Exodor you should save the most important locations, makes it way easier.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

@RoxyRichter said:
    6. Yeah, I feel like drops were a bit better a few patches ago. I remember getting Improved Dark Shard Weapon/Armor Feedstock every now and then, and also a good amount of boxes. Haven't dropped those in ages, and I do the quests almost daily.

There was something about nerfing the drops when they made the mobs less tanky, if memory serves; which was about that time frame.

• @Elinu1 said:
    They push you into buying the glacial/glimmering ice dragon.

THIS so much this, lol.

What better way to sell you the solution than to make problems to begin with.

• Does anyone know if they removed the world bosses in Exodor that were used for box hunting? I've been working on achievements, but since they're still included in Encounters and Exploration instead of Special, I would assume that they're still in the game. However, I've checked through dozens of channels but not a single one shows.

If they removed the wbams, would it be alright for them to move the corresponding achievements to Legacy? That way getting Champion would seem a bit less impossible.

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@Kaishe said:
    Does anyone know if they removed the world bosses in Exodor that were used for box hunting? I've been working on achievements, but since they're still included in Encounters and Exploration instead of Special, I would assume that they're still in the game. However, I've checked through dozens of channels but not a single one shows.

If they removed the wbams, would it be alright for them to move the corresponding achievements to Legacy? That way getting Champion would seem a bit less impossible.

They spawn randomly after you kill the mobs in that zone. But they're very rare or you have to be very lucky to get one to spawn. I'm still missing 2 of them, not to mention I can't solo one of the BAM groups (Naga Mutants on Kerozen Isle) that spawn Manuk, so I'd need someone to duo with me to possibly spawn him.

It's really tedious and feels like you're wasting time. I wouldn't bother with it, unless you're ready to sink countless hours of killing mob groups again and again just to spawn the named boss, eventually.

• NilkemiaNilkemia ✭✭

Basically, all of the problems you mentioned, along with the "change" to the zone bosses there, makes the outer archipelago pointless aside from the fishing zones.

Suggestions of my own : Revert the change to the world bosses, or give players a more effective means of making them appear. Alter the drop rates on the enemies there so they drop better stuff more frequently, at leas the BAMs should be dropping stuff more often if nothing else. Another possibility is gaining credits/rep for Free Exodor/Exodor Justicar for killing the enemies there (like what they did for the argon zones and Invalesco/Shariar) along with making the tokens they can drop available as rewards from the credit shops of those factions.

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

It just makes no sense to me that they made an entire new continent/archipelago and make it so unrewarding and basically repelling. It's just deeply disappointing. Might as well remove 3 of the 4 islands and have 1 island just for the story quest and nothing else.