[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Update the Guardian Legion Mission bonus rewards

It's been months of the same bonus reward, the damn skill advancement scrolls and 2k gold worth of Pearls. Give us something useful like Weapon and Armour Feedstock and maybe give us 1 Improved Armor and 1 Improved Weapon feedstock for finishing all 40. Just remove the damn skill advancement scrolls, they start to become junk very quickly. There are so many different options you could rotate on a weekly basis, but no.

News flash, you have to keep updating your content. Don't be lazy.

Comments

• AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭

Guardian isn't really meant for people with maxed skill advancements etc. You should be making your money off of dungeons and content. I think the skill advance scrolls are super helpful for players that are coming back or are new to the game. I know my friends that came back got their scrolls through guardian.

• ArydAryd ✭✭

@AbstractCH said:
    Guardian isn't really meant for people with maxed skill advancements etc. You should be making your money off of dungeons and content. I think the skill advance scrolls are super helpful for players that are coming back or are new to the game. I know my friends that came back got their scrolls through guardian.

Ummm, Guardian Legion is one of the easiest and reliable ways to make gold in the game though. You should be doing it regardless of your progress. Dungeon drops are random and split between 5 players, whereas you can almost 100% 80 Rubies w/GL. It's basically a free 10k per day per character. 10 characters, 100k per day, takes maybe an hour or two. Dungeons may yield more, but the good news is you can do both ;)

• GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭

@Aryd said:

@AbstractCH said:

Ummm, Guardian Legion is one of the easiest and reliable ways to make gold in the game though. You should be doing it regardless of your progress. Dungeon drops are random and split between 5 players, whereas you can almost 100% 80 Rubies w/GL. It's basically a free 10k per day per character. 10 characters, 100k per day, takes maybe an hour or two. Dungeons may yield more, but the good news is you can do both ;)

Not really, you need a lot of contribution points super faster, or you gonna waste even more time and get less money. Unless you have 10 character on Kaia +15 never gonna works.

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26

KR has other plans for Guardian Legion, so whatever gets suggested here will be ignored.

The specific change being that you have only the 40 rewards for the server account instead of per character.

• @clfarron4 said:
    KR has other plans for Guardian Legion, so whatever gets suggested here will be ignored.

The specific change being that you have only the 40 rewards for the server account instead of per character.

I was waiting for somebody to say this. Just fish bot instead, seems to be the answer eme is cool with it. (sarcasm)

• @clfarron4 said:

As usual, their only way of fixing things is making them worse. Who in their right mind would want a change like this?

• ArydAryd ✭✭

@Gatokatzen said:

@Aryd said:

@AbstractCH said:

Not really, you need a lot of contribution points super faster, or you gonna waste even more time and get less money. Unless you have 10 character on Kaia +15 never gonna works.

I mean, not really... it takes 1 (maybe 2) GL mission to clear 40 in DL/Anni +6. I'm pretty miffed that they're going server-wide though... sort of defeats the purpose really. Alts help other people who don't play alts to do GL... sort of like shooting your own foot... but then again, they're great at that already.

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

@Nilkemios said:
    Who in their right mind would want a change like this?

The Koreans, because apparently they had masses of Mystics farm them and a big outcry about how something has to be done about the problem. This was also why they nerfed the Mystic contribution with the last patch, which was their first attempt at combating the problem. (They'll also nail Priest and Lancer with the next one, though not as hard as they did Mystic.)

Not that I think that Bluehole is all that bothered about the change, since them adding the Guardian Legion reward boxes to the dungeons underscores once again where they want people to spend their time. Open world content just always ends up getting nerfed, because we as players always end up overfarming things, from their point of view. (Or bots end up farming things. This was why mob gold drops died the first time around, several years back, as is, and things just keep on repeating, if memory serves.)

• NilkemiosNilkemios ✭✭
    edited July 30

@Ellexem said:

@Nilkemios said:

The Koreans, because apparently they had masses of Mystics farm them and a big outcry about how something has to be done about the problem. This was also why they nerfed the Mystic contribution with the last patch, which was their first attempt at combating the problem. (They'll also nail Priest and Lancer with the next one, though not as hard as they did Mystic.)

This is the part where I ask for a source, since I am a little curious to see this for myself. Though, it probably won't change my thoughts on the matter. Whoever is mandating this change is an idiot, as well as anyone demanding for it, as not only are they limiting themselves, they're limiting everyone else, for no reason other than their own selfish concerns. This is yet another change that makes having alts pointless, telling people they might as well stick to one character, since having more than one, or a few, isn't worthwhile anymore. What's next, a limit on Vanguard Requests per account?

Not that I think that Bluehole is all that bothered about the change, since them adding the Guardian Legion reward boxes to the dungeons underscores once again where they want people to spend their time. Open world content just always ends up getting nerfed, because we as players always end up overfarming things, from their point of view. (Or bots end up farming things. This was why mob gold drops died the first time around, several years back, as is, and things just keep on repeating, if memory serves.)

Well, that could be solved if they put any effort into stopping the bots, but I doubt they're doing that either. Instead they'd rather continue repeating their mistakes.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31

@Ellexem said:

@Nilkemios said:

At this point, BHS at large have become so myopic that even the Hubble Telescope wouldn't be able to help them.

Of course we're going to "over-farm" something if it turns out that something is far more efficient than the other thing. Running dungeons is hilariously inefficient because, as @Aryd said above, many of those random drops are either split between 5 people or you actively have to fight against your own teammates (insofar that dice-rolling qualifies as "fighting") in order to get those drops. I don't know about anyone else in these forums, but I'm getting a little tired of losing items to people who don't even know what those item are for (yes, I'm still salty about losing my much-needed tank jewelry to a [filtered] archer on 3 [filtered] separate [filtered] occasions).

And, once again, what does BHS do? Instead of making it more worthwhile to do dungeons and other stuff, they just force (or try to, we'll see how the population holds once this happens) people into those areas by making the alternatives even worse. I still remember the nerf to crafting materials right when the FoA expansion hit and I've never forgiven them for it.

"Aah, my head hurts, aahh!" Well, that could be a headache or a brain tumor. We have to... really dig into it and find out what the problem is and make smart choices that will... keep the entire ecosystem kind of in harmony." - Adam "Keits" Heart (I recommend the entire segment if not the video. It's fantastic.)

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    edited July 31

@Nilkemios said:
    This is the part where I ask for a source, since I am a little curious to see this for myself. Though, it probably won't change my thoughts on the matter. Whoever is mandating this change is an idiot, as well as anyone demanding for it, as not only are they limiting themselves, they're limiting everyone else, for no reason other than their own selfish concerns. This is yet another change that makes having alts pointless, telling people they might as well stick to one character, since having more than one, or a few, isn't worthwhile anymore.

They do impact other people, because when they get excessive they'll start to crash the FPS of everyone when you suddenly have like a dozen thralls start to pop up.
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/321994248289386496/702418824548581446/WhatsApp_Image_2020-04-20_at_11.09.44.jpeg

Admittedly, something like that should be in part alleviated by the 64-bit client upgrade, and the picture predates that, going by the time-stamp, but the final nerf was concurrent with the 64-bit release in Korea.

As for other sources, the only primary source that I can offer is a timeline of sort of Guardian Legion changes. To go with the conjecture of an image that shows a glut of Mystics with a zoom in on low FPS being indicative of there being at least some people upset with the situation.

January Feedback Reponse

Suggestion to adjust Guardian Legion point distribution per class (01/16)

Where the patch has the following changes

Adjusted point received for the following classes :

• Mystic - decreased by approximately 13%
    • Brawler - increased by approximately 6%
    • Archer, Sorcerer - increased by approximately 13.6%

February saw the request to increase of HP totals.

Suggestion to increase HP of bosses in Guardian Legion Mission (02/27)

They are also previewing the removal of collision detection and increased points from flying missions.
    Patch notes

Increased HP of mosnters of Escape from Balder’s Refuge, Shadow of Gutrends

March is now the collision detection.

Suggestion to increase HP of bosses in Guardian Legion Mission and remove collision between players (03/12)

Patch notes

Flying Guardian Legion Mission

• Increased flight speed, adjusted to significantly increase Guardian Contribution Points
    • The Rhapsody of Wind and Fire
      Adjusted stack count of blue essence and red essence (10 -> 5)
      Increased combo duration to make it easier to maintain

• Recon Mission
      Increased Spark Shot burst fire speed

Superior Guardian Legion Mission

• Changed mission interval (1 hour -> 2 hours)
    • Adjusted to increase HP of Magnuut, Est, and Ost

Regular Guardian Legion Mission

• Tuwangi Reflexes Training : Adjusted to increase contribution point gain
    • Adjusted to increase HP of Malacosraca
    • Sandstorm : Adjusted to increase HP of Basilisk and Brutal Basilisk
    • Bad Day at Bleakrock : Adjusted to increase HP of Verten

Removed collision between characters at Escape from Balder’s Refuge and Shadow of the Gutrends

So far so good, you'd think. Listening to feedback and improving things.

April still had requests for a change, however.

Suggestion to revise Guardian Legion Mission

Albeit as something that is in progress. Though this is now the time frame that linked picture is from.

May sees it as applied.

Suggestion to revise Guardian Legion Mission (05/28)

v95.02 in mid-May sees the first nerf.

Decreased points gained by Mystics by 50% less than before

v96.01 follows up with the big one at the end of May. Though they also have the 64-bit client release with that. (Where Mystics seem to be crashing clients with Arunic Release.)

Changed Guardian Legion point and reward to be account-specific

• Reward can be received up to 40 times per day

(Added 5/27) Added Guardian Legion Jewel Box to Vanguard Requests of the following instances as daily reward (obtainable once per day)

• Dungeon
      Corrupted Skynest (hard)
      Kalligar’s Hall (hard)
      Corrupted Skynest
      Forbidden Arena
      Bahaar’s Sanctum
      Akalath Quarantine
      Gossamer Vault (hard)
      Antaroth’s Abyss (hard)
      Grotto of Lost Souls (hard)
      RK-9 Kennel
      Red Refuge
      Rift’s Edge
      Commander’s Quarters (placeholder)
      Velik’s Hold
      Velik’s Sanctuary
      Macellarius Catacombs

June Suggestion Feedback now is post-nerf, and with yet another line about Guardian Legion

Suggestion to adjust Guardian Legion Mission point gain (06/11)

• Slightly decreased point gain on Priest / Lancer, increased point gain on Mystic

v96.02 did just that.

Slightly decreased Guardian Legion point gain for Priest, Lancer
    Increased Guardian Legion point gain for Mystic

Now, I don't have Korean posts I can link to where people complain about it, outside of that picture, so if you wanted something like that then I can't provide it. But the wording and the timeline seem to paint a picture that amounts to what I summed it up as, Koreans wanting a change and getting it. (Even if there likely are good chances that at least a number of them didn't want this particular set of changes when they did the equivalent of 'something has to be done about this'. But be careful what you wish for and all that, especially with Bluehole and their history of constant over-reactions and -corrections.)

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ellexem BHS has shown time and again they're too concerned with the symptoms and not the disease itself. Take the 64-bit update - that's been needed for years (remember the dragon fireworks spam way back when? I do...). Instead of updating the game to be able to handle more things on screen, they instead make content less engaging in order to dissuade people from doing it. I'd love to know in what world that makes sense.

Who exactly benefits from that? It sure as hell aren't the mystics themselves for obvious reasons and it can't be the people complaining about mystics because now they too are going to be negatively affected by this.

• GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭

Remove gold from guardian mission and replace it with exodor materials will be better. Gems was for old stormcry and heroic gears. No need more gold inflation. Hope this update strikes soon. Also gold from fishing mission. Honestly game was better when gold was used as gold and not as enchantement material for everything.

• NilkemiosNilkemios ✭✭
    edited July 31

@Ellexem I appreciate you showing all of that. The FPS issue was not something I had considered, I'll admit. Though, the poor optimization that they decided not to attempt fixing until now deserves at least equal, if not more blame than the horde of mystic players. I'd like to believe those players aren't doing it to intentionally drop the frames, but that's something none of us could determine.

Though, as I said earlier, it doesn't change my opinion on this change in general. But, I realize that means nothing to them.

• AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭

@Aryd said:

@AbstractCH said:

If i'm gonna spend a couple hours on the game i'd rather bahaar or fa.. two hours in those dungeon and you have a mil instead of 100k lol. Like I said, just do content if you want money. Guaridan isn't meant for end game players.