[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Sudden bans

Hi,
So what's up with the sudden bans??
I'm legit running out of friends to play with lmao
You guys can't let people use proxy and then suddenly decide it's not ok anymore.
Only reason that crap is around is because Krafton can't fix their own game and keep making gearing worst so it's not really fair.
Now that the company is closing you guys suddenly care about banning people?
Specially those on the first offense?
What's going on??

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard people got banned if they bought dupped gear from broker or direct trade from an exploiter. I never meet someone with that issue but that was a common topic on global.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

I've seen people getting banned for some pretty foul language because they think simply due to En Masse Closing down that there is no moderation now.

• The only thing I am aware of is the bans that were issued in relation to the scroll dupe exploit, which isn't really related to Proxy at all (although maybe people used Proxy to make it easier to do at scale).

This exploit was a global problem and, as I understand it, bans were issued all over the world for people who exploited it or traded in exploited gear. (We know of people in EU who got banned for the same thing.)

So it's not really "sudden" except in that the exploit related to a feature they added to the game recently. Whatever "look the other way" stance they may have about proxy in general, dupe exploits are something you can always expect to get a harsh treatment in any region.

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

You break the rules purposely, you should get banned. Simple, yes?

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

Perma ban on first offense seems harsh af
    Specially now they're transferring to another publisher
    People playing for half a decade+
    Since krapton doesn't know/want to fix their game~
    Hope krapton feels on the pocket

• @MargaretRose said:
    Perma ban on first offense seems harsh af

Honestly, item duping is one of the most serious kinds of exploits in any MMO. Unlike a lot of the more "benign" stuff people do, it's pretty hard to argue "I didn't know what I was doing was wrong" with something like that. PSO2 has recently had to shut down player trading and do multiple rounds of emergency maintenance globally for a similar kind of item duping glitch, and exploiters got perma-banned for that too.

Now if someone were legitimately only just buying exploited gear for themselves off the broker (and they weren't exploiting on an alt to trade to their main, as many tried) in that case I could agree with a harsh warning instead... but I don't know the circumstances of the people you're referring to.

In general, though... it would surprise me a lot that anyone who played any MMO for half a decade+ would not realize that dupe exploits are a kiss of death if you're caught. I suspect a lot of people honestly just thought, because EME was shutting down, that they'd get away with it.

• permaban for intentional use of dupe exploit is fair imo no matter 1st offense or not. in any game even dead one

• So what exactly is duping? And, more importantly, how can one tell if something is duped? I read one can be banned for buying something from the broker or another player that is duped. Does the item say duped on it?

• AraseoAraseo ✭✭
    edited October 18
    > @Squirtikiss said:
    > So what exactly is duping? And, more importantly, how can one tell if something is duped? I read one can be banned for buying something from the broker or another player that is duped. Does the item say duped on it?

I might be somewhat right, or totally wrong, but I assume the original item has a unique identification number that is generated based on acquisition of place, time, date, unique player ID/account, etc. I’m guessing duped items also have duped unique ID from the original item, and is recorded in a server-wide log of some sort. If this is remotely true, then Krafton and publishers are able to track down duped items through the unique IDs in the recorded logs.
  • But how can they ban somebody for buying a duped item if there is no identification for a buyer to see?

@Squirtikiss said:
    But how can they ban somebody for buying a duped item if there is no identification for a buyer to see?

They don't as far as I know the person loses the item the person who duped it is the one who got banned. Anyone saying they got banned for the duped item is problem the person who made said item to begin with. People are manipulative.

• " I heard people got banned if they bought dupped gear from broker or direct trade from an exploiter."
    This is from a post above. No guarantee anyone has been banned for buying. Thank you both who educated me concerning this subject.

@Squirtikiss said:
    " I heard people got banned if they bought dupped gear from broker or direct trade from an exploiter."
    This is from a post above. No guarantee anyone has been banned for buying. Thank you both who educated me concerning this subject.

Yes they had heard it but I haven't really heard of it happening. I've heard people Claim they did but it always turned out that person had duped the gear then claimed they bought it. ( Guess they forget Broker purchase history is a thing)

• @MidokuPasta said:

@Squirtikiss said:
    " I heard people got banned if they bought dupped gear from broker or direct trade from an exploiter."

Yes they had heard it but I haven't really heard of it happening. I've heard people Claim they did but it always turned out that person had duped the gear then claimed they bought it. ( Guess they forget Broker purchase history is a thing)

Yeah, some people were doing the exploit on an alt and trading on their main hoping that only their alt would get banned... but yeah, that can typically be traced.

Anyway, if there were truly a case where someone felt they got caught up in error, contact support and try to get it resolved before the transfer. But in general, for the people who actually did the duping, I doubt there'd be much mercy (at Gameforge or any other publisher either).

This discussion has been closed.