[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Event suggestions

Hello everyone! There is lots of discussion among the council, but I wanted to hear what everyone else might think! So, if you have an idea for an event, any kind of event at all! Just record it here and we can look over it!

Now of course, be realistic and make sure its all in good fun. These events do not have to be huge, Eme sponsored things. Just stuff we can create together and get possibly get some fun out of! So think big, think small. I really just want to see what people think would be fun.

Comments

• CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I've always been a fan of hide-and-seek events. I think they're pretty close to fair for everyone. Unlike the monster-killing events, you don't have to be a higher level to make the most of it, as often times I see people at lower levels excluded from those events.

My old guild used to play Dodgebomb, though that's not as feasible anymore since bombs don't drop in-game, but maybe EME could help with that. Basically, everyone would take all of their gear off and just throw the Bomb I's at each other, no ressing allowed. It would probably require a more honor-based system than some players would follow (as some players probably wouldn't take off their gear), but it's a fun thing to do nonetheless.

An event that I used to participate in one of my old games was a racing event, where everyone had to use the base mount so that it was fair, and a GM would take the lead and those who followed to the end around obstacles would earn first second and third place (sometimes there would be ties but who cares, it's all for fun), with consolation boxes to pop for everyone who participated.

Another event an old game I played did was similar to hide and seek, but was kind of like a relay as well. There would be designated people, hidden at certain areas, and a notice would go out with a hint to where they were hiding. Once you found the first person, you would pm them and they would pm you a hint to where the second person was, and trade you a certain item (untradeable). Once you found the final hiding person, you would win. The items given out were to make sure that players had visited all hiding people, not just been given the final location of one by their friends. It would still require some honor to hope that players wouldn't just shout out the hints and locations of those hiding, but it was always a pretty fun event nonetheless. Usually people hiding would be all across the world, not just in one map area (to attempt to prevent accidental finds).

I'm not sure how queueing for the new kuma pvp battleground will work but I know a lot of players enjoy doing those sorts of events with the GMs and CMs, and I think doing it for a battleground where players who haven't necessarily hit endgame yet is a good idea. It's nice to be inclusive.
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Another harder event that would be fun (I think) would be a drawing-sort of event, but in-game with mystics. Since mystics get their motes at low levels, I think it would be kinda fun if you could get like teams of 5, and someone decides on a shape or something simple, like a circle or star, and teams have to race to complete shapes, with a minimum number of motes (because you could technically just place 3 motes and say "triangle, done!")? idk just a thought ;-; might not be a good idea since it would require that people either already have a mystic or have a free slot to create a new char (which they might not).
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Looking back to events that could be done easily in a forum that really stood out for me

-Poster Contest where people made a Movie Style Poster themed around TERA

-Little events that where based on Holidays

--Pick Up Lines for Valentines Day
    --Ghost Story for Halloween

Those are the ones that I enjoyed the most and are very easily pulled off
  • MesogogMesogog ✭✭✭
    Mini webtoon contest.
    Funny/cute/creepy in-game video contest, like LilyPichu or El Krakatox.
    Solve this murder mystery - one of the Council is the culprit, but which one? (Make video with clues, make it difficult af)
    50 Shades of TERA for next Valentines.

Psychological games are my favourite.

No math games lel. I'll die of boredom :neutral:
  • Guild fair event. Current system is terrible for finding guilds/people.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    crxwizzard wrote: »
    Guild fair event. Current system is terrible for finding guilds/people.

Guild Fairs where fun
  • Mesogog wrote: »
    Mini webtoon contest.
    Funny/cute/creepy in-game video contest, like LilyPichu or El Krakatox.
    Solve this murder mystery - one of the Council is the culprit, but which one? (Make video with clues, make it difficult af)
    50 Shades of TERA for next Valentines.

Psychological games are my favourite.

No math games lel. I'll die of boredom :neutral:

On the 3rd of July I was getting the mail!
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    crxwizzard wrote: »
    Guild fair event. Current system is terrible for finding guilds/people.

I think there should be a one every x time.
  • KimimishanKimimishan ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Achievement-based Dungeon Do-over:

Sitting (most firmly) at three quarters of my Determined title, here's to it: an event that lets you play removed content in order to farm your desired title. Shandra Maniac, Slugger, Surgeon, Determined, Master of Timescape, Forsaken, these are the ones I'm talking about (was there ever any in Rift's Edge ? I was not playing at the time).

The thing is, not everyone had the chance to have been actively playing when these were around, some of them are from TERA EU and got their titles over there, maybe they simply didn't had a proper guild back then, whatever the reasons are, removing content is, to me, one of the most awful thing you could do to a game. You have very old players -or simply some who happened to play on the same editor- with everything (and I mean it, everything. You would do 2k of gold a day simply by doing your 20 dailies, you'd sell quills, cubes, Agnitor Points. A few years back you would already be able to harvest several millions of gold. Imagine these players, right now, who didn't stop making more gold), and on the other hand less fortunated people who simply had the misfortune of arriving later.
    Granted this looks like a giant rant; it is nothing of it, merely a point in my argumentation, which is: at least let this new generation of players get titles, and make it an experience true to what it used to be, in one way in my opinion, which is to bestow the relevant gear with the appropriate content, in the spirit of Corsairs' Stronghold or even the removed Blast From the Past. Abyss +12 for MCHM, I-forgot-the-name-of-the-serie-that-dropped-in-WH +12 for WHHM, Devastator +12 for ABHM, Discovery +12 for SCHM, Schisma +12 for TSHM, Dreadnaught +12 for FIHM; this looks decent enough, especially since you'd already been asked to have full Regent to run even MCNM back then.
    To build on this, you could even re-enable old loot tables that lets you craft the relevant BiS gear, and enable this gear to be worn in the corresponding dungeon. That'd also make sense to people who have kept their Generation/Lucid and could wear it for SC/TS, and even more sense, to a point it'd become a gift, for the people who still carry their Visionmaker or Nightforge in bank.

I am, by the way, talking about bringing back the first release of these dungeons, when they were at their hardest. Un-nerfed SCHM, for example.
    I think such an event would attract lots of people, I for instance know I would kill for this.
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Kimimishan wrote: »
    Achievement-based Dungeon Do-over:

Sitting (most firmly) at three quarters of my Determined title, here's to it: an event that lets you play removed content in order to farm your desired title. Shandra Maniac, Slugger, Surgeon, Determined, Master of Timescape, Forsaken, these are the ones I'm talking about (was there ever any in Rift's Edge ? I was not playing at the time).

The thing is, not everyone had the chance to have been actively playing when these were around, some of them are from TERA EU and got their titles over there, maybe they simply didn't had a proper guild back then, whatever the reasons are, removing content is, to me, one of the most awful thing you could do to a game. You have very old players -or simply some who happened to play on the same editor- with everything (and I mean it, everything. You would do 2k of gold a day simply by doing your 20 dailies, you'd sell quills, cubes, Agnitor Points. A few years back you would already be able to harvest several millions of gold. Imagine these players, right now, who didn't stop making more gold), and on the other hand less fortunated people who simply had the misfortune of arriving later.
    Granted this looks like a giant rant; it is nothing of it, merely a point in my argumentation, which is: at least let this new generation of players get titles, and make it an experience true to what it used to be, in one way in my opinion, which is to bestow the relevant gear with the appropriate content, in the spirit of Corsairs' Stronghold or even the removed Blast From the Past. Abyss +12 for MCHM, I-forgot-the-name-of-the-serie-that-dropped-in-WH +12 for WHHM, Devastator +12 for ABHM, Discovery +12 for SCHM, Schisma +12 for TSHM, Dreadnaught +12 for FIHM; this looks decent enough, especially since you'd already been asked to have full Regent to run even MCNM back then.
    To build on this, you could even re-enable old loot tables that lets you craft the BiS gear, and enable this gear to be worn in the corresponding dungeon. That'd also make sense to people who have kept their Generation/Lucid and could wear it for SC/TS.

I am, by the way, talking about bringing back the first release of these dungeons, when they were at their hardest. Un-nerfed SCHM, for example.
    I think such an event would attract lots of people, I for instance know I would kill for this.

If this is at all doable I would LOVE it. I was still new when Manaya's Core was the hardest dungeon, and I didn't really get into any of the groups that ran it routinely so I never got a shot at the harder titles to achieve. Plus, I loved the difficulty in running these. Bring back WHHM! :cry:

I'm less of a fan of the art-themed contests, as I'm not very good at art and there are a lot of players that are REALLY good at it, so I don't even bother trying. I feel like I don't stand a chance, so why bother, ya know? Sort of like a pvp event, why would I bother if I wasn't already good at it or a certain level or had X set of gear?
  • AnivayAnivay ✭✭
    More costume design contests would be fun!

I also think that the art contest judging should be improved. Perhaps the Player Council can be a part of it also since they're a thing now. Judge comments for the winning entries would also be nice to see.
  • app1ejuiceapp1ejuice ✭✭✭
    Spacecats kitty cosplay stream. Do it. Please ^^
  • ArriseArrise ✭✭
    Popping in to say good stuff so far everyone! want to keep eyes on the thread, see if maybe it adds some events to the line up!
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Another idea that we do in our guild that could be done on a server wide scale

• Taking this from a game i played previously where the GMs would hold events.
    The Elimination Dice
    Basically, there's a dice caller with either a dnd die or a rng program. They lay out a list beforehand (may or may not be posted somewhere) and everyone who wants to participate goes to a certain place (designated beforehand and has clear markers to whether or not they're in the zone) then the dice caller rolls the die (or presses enter on rng program) and calls the number, stating that everyone who meets criterion needs to leave the arena. Anywhere from 5 to 10 numbers are called (until the caller sees that there's few enough people) and whoever's left wins!
    Examples of the criterion could be "Anyone who is on a gunner must leave the arena" "Anyone who's name begins with C must leave arena" "Anyone above level 40 must leave the arena"