[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Don't laugh at me -

But I have been playing Tera with a controller ever sincle I started playing. It's the only way I know. Tera is easy in that, the second I plug it in, it automatically hooks up and I'm ready to go. For other games however, I require the use of Xpadder (for WoW and others). Honestly, I will probably continue to use a controller for my melee classes as it makes no difference. But now that I am taking end game more "seriously" (lol) and have picked up my mystic and dubbed it my new main, I've realized that using a controller for this just ain't gonna cut it. I just can't move the camera fast enough, with as much precision as a mouse obviously can.

My friend hooked me up and recommended me a cool gaming mouse, which I'm going to grab at the end of the week. It's certainly going to make some getting used to, but that's not what I'm concerned about!

It's my keybinding setup.

So I'm asking here, for anyone who has a gaming mouse (the one he's showed me has 20 keys) who can post pictures of their keybinding setup? On a controller, it's very different. Basically, the mouse (with plenty of buttons) isn't my concern, what bothers me is WHICH skills I should bind to the mouse, and which ones I should bind to the keyboard (as a Mystic) .My hands don't move very well if that makes sense? I'm afraid I won't move quickly enough on the keyboard :( I might even pick up my priest again after I figure this out.

Also, here's how my current setup looks (I use left and right on the D pad to alternate between trays, buffs and consumables are on a different tray)
105cyvs.png

I can't play like this anymore TT_TT Help meeee. It'll probably take a while since this is years of using controllers only for gaming, but I'm youuuung...maybe I can do it...I just don't know how you guys do it but I'm gonna have to figure it out.

Help? ; ~ ;

TL:DR; I've been playing w/a controller since I started, going to get a gaming mouse with 20 buttons, want to see others' KEYBIND SETUP/skill tray for a Mystic that has a gaming mouse also.

Thanks for listening!!

Comments

• LaoshangLaoshang ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    AHahahaha! Sry my bad.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play with a mouse either. I switched from xbox360 pad to Steam controller a few months ago. As for a gaming mouse. I suppose you will need to explore a bit. As pointers I can give, try to put your priority skills where you can click on them faster. Anything you don't have to move your fingers/thumbs a lot. Then keep adding from there from high to lowest priority. Also, it will take you a long while to get used to it. Even my change from xbox pad to steam controller took me awhile to get used too, so a change to a mouse I assume will be a bigger issue, but you will eventually become comfortable with it and will probably never look back.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 buttons, now thats a lot of buttons for a mouse. By any chance the one your friend hooked you up with was a Logitech G600? I use that mouse. It was my upgrade from my Razer Naga, which broke because of too much use, and personally, i find the G600 a lot better than the Naga, not just for having more functions while being a lot more simple to understand, but also because of its durability. Its been 3 years so far with my G600 and it still works like new, while my Razer Naga broke at the 7th month.

The Mouse only have 12 buttons on the thumb pad, but with the Gshift key, you can add more commands to the same keys, having a total of 24 programmable keys. Additionally, you can set a lot of macros with it, and it has custom backlight, very fancy. You can program your TERA profile to it, take it to other PV and play like you were on your own PC, up to 3 profiles can be saved to the mouse memory.

I highly recommend the G600 for any type of MMO, heck it even works on shooting games. Of course im gonna get a lot of hate from Naga users, but hey, i gave the same use to my naga that i give to my G600, and the naga [filtered] broke :(
  • With 20 buttons on a mouse, you can pretty much put all skills on mouse if you really wanted to.
    Combinations of shift+mouse buttons and ctrl+mouse buttons, those alone give you 60 keys already, without ever shifting your left hand on the keyboard. Just like Nopi said, put high priority or often-used skills on buttons that are easier to access and go down the list. Once you have a reasonable setup you're comfortable with, just stick with it. Eventually you'll develop muscle memory and never have to worry about them again (or until new skills are added, but who knows when that'll happen again).
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    20 buttons, now thats a lot of buttons for a mouse. By any chance the one your friend hooked you up with was a Logitech G600? I use that mouse. It was my upgrade from my Razer Naga, which broke because of too much use, and personally, i find the G600 a lot better than the Naga, not just for having more functions while being a lot more simple to understand, but also because of its durability. Its been 3 years so far with my G600 and it still works like new, while my Razer Naga broke at the 7th month.

The Mouse only have 12 buttons on the thumb pad, but with the Gshift key, you can add more commands to the same keys, having a total of 24 programmable keys. Additionally, you can set a lot of macros with it, and it has custom backlight, very fancy. You can program your TERA profile to it, take it to other PV and play like you were on your own PC, up to 3 profiles can be saved to the mouse memory.

I highly recommend the G600 for any type of MMO, heck it even works on shooting games. Of course im gonna get a lot of hate from Naga users, but hey, i gave the same use to my naga that i give to my G600, and the naga [filtered] broke :(

can confirm as i have this mouse. it's a beauty for this game and all others. highly recommend it because it is very customizable and easy to use.
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »

Yes, that's the one!:) Do you have a mystic? if so can you post a screenie of your key setup?
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    Chizuri wrote: »
    With 20 buttons on a mouse, you can pretty much put all skills on mouse if you really wanted to.
    Combinations of shift+mouse buttons and ctrl+mouse buttons, those alone give you 60 keys already, without ever shifting your left hand on the keyboard. Just like Nopi said, put high priority or often-used skills on buttons that are easier to access and go down the list. Once you have a reasonable setup you're comfortable with, just stick with it. Eventually you'll develop muscle memory and never have to worry about them again (or until new skills are added, but who knows when that'll happen again).

Whoa..didn't know about shift+mouse ._.;;;; Thank you!
  • I don't play with a mouse either, you're not alone! I play on a trackpad ._.
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    I personally use a G700 (only 8 programmable keys) and my best recommendation is to bind the 3 easiest buttons to use as Ctrl, Alt and Shift. In this way you can have 4 different skills bound to a single key.

For example- E: Teleport Jaunt
    Ctrl+E: Arun's Vitae
    Alt+E: Arun's Tears
    Shift+E: Thrall of Life

As Chizuri said, it's all about muscle memory and with bindings like these you will barely need to move your hands at all. You just need to make sure that the binds you choose make sense (to you at least) so that you're not referring to a writing pad for combinations trying to remember what to press for what skill.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    This is what im using, these are the ones i use the most in PvE, the rests arent actually useful for me so i put then pretty far away from my hand, hope it helps!
    wsXhO1n.jpg
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭✭
    Laemie wrote: »
    This is what im using, these are the ones i use the most in PvE, the rests arent actually useful for me so i put then pretty far away from my hand, hope it helps!
    wsXhO1n.jpg

Woah... That is some hardcore keybinds :o
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ghost915 wrote: »
    Zoknahal wrote: »

Yes, that's the one!:) Do you have a mystic? if so can you post a screenie of your key setup?

Well, I do not have a mystic, I play lancer. However, with the G600, you can pretty much forget about the keyboard and play with just the mouse, thats how amazing it is. I can show you how my setup looks on the Logitech Gaming Software. You can assign the buttons to any key in your keyboard, and they will perform the same command the keyboard key performs.
    KzhVqMK.jpg

You may see why i have Bombardment on the left side of the screen. Well, i used to have a gunner, and for some reason it stayed like that, so ignore that part. You can assing the command for Wallop, which in my keyboard is the Num9 key, to any of the GKeys of the mouse. I needed more commands for potions and other stuff, and that is what the Gshift key is for on the left right side. it allowed me to assign more commands to the same Gkey. Additionally, if you play more than 1 class, thats what that colorful circle with 3 different colors is for on the middle bottom. With the touch of the button behind the mouse wheel, i can swich from Lancer profile to, for example, Gunner profile, it is very handy.

Again, i cannot recommend this mouse anymore than this.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    I have a red dragon now for years, a very cheap MMO gaming mouse, also with 12 buttons for the thumb. I cant press 12 buttons, so I'm only using 3.

When I was designating mouse buttons to all classes I play, I arranged them from 1) priority 2) usage to 1) easiest access 2) worst access.

It also depends on your play style. So mounting is the most important key for me (e.g. CS or previously kumasylum) and went to E. Resurrection is the least important key and went to F7.

On my MMO mouse I have one button for the "Oh [filtered]" situation (e.g. self heal as Brawler, stone form as sorcerer). As in other (non-MMO-) games, middle mouse is auto walk.

So, set up a priority list, look which keys you can access easily (perhaps you are an E.T. longfinger and can easily tap F12 with your left hand) and designate the keys yourself.
  • ShochuShochu
    edited July 2016
    Which mouse are you using? Anyway, I'm a pretty lazy person, so I changed my keys till the point where I don't have to move my left hand away from WASD.

P.S. I'm using Razer Naga Hex (6 buttons on the side)
    I'm using 3 trays for my mystic (since they got more skills, but priest is worse xD) and I actually set my tray to my mouse buttons for switching the trays conveniently. * cough * don't mind the potions, I haven't been playing my mystic * cough *

cj0cU7x.png

uIZieju.png

M1UCgfn.png

My '2' on mouse is only for mount (across all characters), so after using up the buttons for the tray, I will set the remaining buttons on the extra shortcut tray for skills that I would use most of the time. But for mystic wise, my skills are separate into healing / offense, so I don't really switch my tray that often (my priest switches tray more xD)

And an example of my brawler's tray where I only need 1 tray to fill up the skills:

OkTSscR.png

So in this case, I set all my mouse buttons on the extra shortcut tray with my skills binding to them.

Edited: The keys are Q, E, Alt + Q, Alt + E, Alt + Mouse 1, Alt + Mouse 2, bottom tray is just 1 to 6, extra shortcuts (top): F1 to F12, bottom is Alt + 1 to Alt + whatever the numbers end).

I hope it helps! :)

• TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭✭
    That's my keybinds I've setup myself

YRZFMo9.jpg

I rarely use the Shift + F1 to F12

But I do use use my mouse so I just hold Shift and use my mouse to do a skill
This discussion has been closed.