Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

If you are playing on Highwatch (HW), Lake of Tears (LT), or Valley of Titans (VT), I’d like to discuss a potential server merge of these three servers. Please note, this is a discussion about WHAT should be merged, not HOW they get merged or how name conflicts will be handled. Those questions will be answered in time.

The purpose of a merge is to provide a better environment for players on these servers. Merging can promote a better economy, as well as end-game support for all players on these servers. I know the Instance Matching queues are across all servers, but I also realize many of you would prefer to do the matching yourselves within your server. Right now, we know we want to merge LT and VT together. The tougher aspect would be what to do about Highwatch. Population wise, Highwatch is in a pretty good place, however when listening to player feedback and looking deeper at the end-game, it looks like it could also use a boost.

One possible solution for this all would be to combine HW, LT, and VT into a new server that allows open world PvP only at max level. With HW being a PvE server, and LT/VT being PvP servers, this presents a tricky situation, and a PvP at 65 only server is a possible solution to this. Now, I also realize that this either brings the best of both worlds or the worst of both worlds, so it hasn’t been an easy choice. The Player Council favors this decision, but it also occurs to me there aren’t a large body of HW/LT/VT players on the council to offer their opinions. This is why I’m bringing this to the general forums, so I can get broader feedback. Please note that this is *not* in stone yet, and the purpose of this is to discuss it.

Let me go into some reasons why I think this could work. First, a PvP65 server takes away most of the worst aspects of a PvP server, namely the heavy low-level griefing that comes with it. Also since most actual PvP either takes place in an instance, or at level 65, we would still be providing ample PvP experience for the PvP players. Second, this would be a unique server set that would possibly allow more players to experience a PvP server without the griefing that takes place during leveling.

A last bit of info. If you’ve noticed, the other servers are not in consideration for a server merge. Their populations are healthy, and there’s no need to do anything with them. For any servers involved in a merge, it means the entire server gets disrupted, since merging creates a brand new server, not adding a server to an existing one.

Thanks for reading! Please offer your feedback and thoughts in this thread constructively.

-Treeshark

Comments

• How is CH's population? I do not think it is healthy...
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    While not my main server I have a couple alts on a couple of these servers and tbh I love the idea of pvp65. I'd move there in a heartbeat from my current server.
  • Pretty good idea, i like it!
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    How is CH's population? I do not think it is healthy...

CH is the third largest server right now as far as I'm aware. The quality of players in servers not named MT or TR is another issue but that's not really something EME can do.
  • PunishedSnakePunishedSnake ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING AGES FOR A MERGE!!

THE ELIN BLOOD MUST BE SPILLED!

Anyways...

HW wouldnt receive much of a hit, since many of them has decent PvP players
  • What about names
  • yea how would names be handled anyways
  • 3XLLEHEF6N wrote: »
    yea how would names be handled anyways
    Stricera wrote: »
    What about names

we'll discuss that after this is settled.
  • I think the number of ppl who have sshm clear can reflect the population and quality of each server. At least in CH, no more than 200 ppl have clears. I see in other servers already over 300+
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I think the number of ppl who have sshm clear can reflect the population and quality of each server. At least in CH, no more than 200 ppl have clears. I see in other servers already over 300+

It's because the focus of the server is different. I don't think people choose to go to CH if their primary focus is on clearing hard mode end-game content. There are still some who do, but it doesn't mean the overall population of the server is lacking. In my experience, CH is one of the busiest servers overall.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    I think the number of ppl who have sshm clear can reflect the population and quality of each server. At least in CH, no more than 200 ppl have clears. I see in other servers already over 300+

It absolutely cannot reflect the population. All that reflects is the number of skilled players. CH has never once been known for it's extremely skilled players. It's always been known as a casual place to RP and have fun.

(that's not saying there isn't skilled players on CH though)
  • SametbhSametbh ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    VALLEY OF HIGHWATCH'S TEARS!

I'm crying rn

For players who chose a PVE server, open world PvP can be distressing even if only at 65.

Our suggestion:
    Players at 65 can opt into pvp or neutral, which then they would be locked into that choice for X days. PvP can PK others and get PKed. Neutral would be immune to this but cannot PK others. There would be some indicator like outlaw that shows who's a PvPer and who's neutral.

(edited: permanent choice -> long-term but changeable option for pvp / neutral. Just long enough that people don't abuse this for safety then turn on pvp when they want to go offensive)
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    Why not PvP at 60 instead of 65 so you could get an early experience of it?...
  • I've rolled one PvE servers simply because I do not care for the OWPvP concept.
    It's why I played on AV then moved to HW when it opened.

There's got to be a better way todo it then forcing us into a PvP server(even if only at level 65, To me that doesn't matter)
This discussion has been closed.