[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

Comments

• QNTMQNTM
    edited July 2016
    shinjuki wrote: »
    Treeshark wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Why don't open a free server transfer to TR, MT and CH and make these the only Tera servers? I don't understand the necessity of have 7 servers, crusades are going away and there is a new big GvG content coming soon, also makes more sense have everyone together in a MMO.

For the names, just clean up these 3 servers for anyone who hasn't logged in for a 1 year or older.

Because while many will transfer a lot won't and then it's even worse.

You should still give free transfers to the people in lot, vot, and hw, since not everyone would like a lvl 65 only pvp or pvp at all

No, that sounds like a lame excuse to get out of the server and transfer to MT/TR. Giving transfers from this new server would destroy the purpose of the merge. OWPvP wouldn't have any major impact at all.
    Ruminess wrote: »
    I don't understand what's up with so much complaining from Highwatch players. "I dont want to get pked while doing vanguard dailies." It's called IOD,and it's a SAFE ZONE. "I don't want to get pked while lvling a character." Oh,let me teach you the way of "changing channels". Like no offense,but having open world pvp it's not as bad as it seems. You guys rather stick on your low populated pve server than accept a merge that brings so many benefits? :I

This guy gets it.
  • QNTM wrote: »
    Treeshark wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Why don't open a free server transfer to TR, MT and CH and make these the only Tera servers? I don't understand the necessity of have 7 servers, crusades are going away and there is a new big GvG content coming soon, also makes more sense have everyone together in a MMO.

For the names, just clean up these 3 servers for anyone who hasn't logged in for a 1 year or older.

Because while many will transfer a lot won't and then it's even worse.

You should still give free transfers to the people in lot, vot, and hw, since not everyone would like a lvl 65 only pvp or pvp at all

No, that sounds like a lame excuse to get out of the server and transfer to MT/TR. Giving transfers from this new server would destroy the purpose of the merge. OWPvP wouldn't have any major impact at all.

sure it would destroy it... if its done badly, ofc give people time to get used to it, but after that if people dislike it then they'll be causing more problems and possibly lose more players and less players = less money for them
  • DongviliaDongvilia ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    All these HW players complaining about OWPvP but.. if you aren't in VO, crescentia, or fey basically.. there is none... TAR doesn't exist.
    IOD is safezone. leveling PK hardly even exists, and you can C h a n g e C h a n n e l s it's really not a big deal x.x
  • Well i just remember something from other game. The status "civilian" and "combatant"
    Civilian (pve): is neutral cant enter in pvp battles unless u change it in a designed place.
    Combatant (pvp): Can enjoy the battle :proud: And cant civilians.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Kreuziger wrote: »
    Well i just remember something from other game. The status "civilian" and "combatant"
    Civilian (pve): is neutral cant enter in pvp battles unless u change it in a designed place.
    Combatant (pvp): Can enjoy the battle :proud: And cant civilians.

The issue that's been stated is that they do not have the ability to implement that. They are stuck with pve server/pvp server/ and ktera's pvp65 server types.
  • ViruleiVirulei
    edited July 2016
    @Treeshark Will this be done after the end of Crusades? It seems like a great idea to make our servers more active, however it would really suck if it happened mid crusade, wiped everyone's scores etc. > _< Highwatch should be merged as well, merging with VOT would really be a waste of time, not much helped, only for VoT's few statics. It's a great idea to merge all three!

Also, how will friends list be handled? Wiped? People may have to change names and will be out of contact if friends list is cleared. Not a big problem tho since most close friends in Tera probably have discord's/teamspeaks etc.

PVP at 65 is fine, IoD is a safe zone and there are always other channels... it's fine.
  • NPUNPU ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Now my biggest question is, how would this server merge work if you have characters on HW and VoT and not that many character slots? Do they get merged anyway into one server?
    What's the server name?
    When are you planning to merge the servers?
    Should I delete my other characters that have my name on those servers?

Edit: What happens with guilds?
  • i am also wondering what happens with the character slots as well since I have like 6 or 8 characters on Valley of titans and 2 on highwatch
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    NPU wrote: »
    Now my biggest question is, how would this server merge work if you have characters on HW and VoT and not that many character slots? Do they get merged anyway into one server?
    What's the server name?

This is a very good question.

As for guilds, I believe the names get "_LoT" or "_VoT" or "_HW" added to the end of them. That's what happened in the original merges at least, and then they had to reselect their names.

I do wonder about the character slots though, that could be an issue.
  • I wanted to play PVE not PVP, that's why I came to Highwatch. There has to be a better way than this.
  • Instead of no OWPVP below 65, why not reserve 1 channel for PVE only. I don't see the point of no OWPVP below 65 anyway since leveling to 65 doesn't take much time.

On the channel dropdown list, you can have something like this:
    channel 1 PVP
    channel 2 PVP
    channel 3 PVE

The PVE channel should also be the last one on the dropdown list too.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    No i meant tr is dead, only MT and CH have a decent population left

server with 300 names on sshm list for crusade is dead? rofl
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    NPU wrote: »
    What's the server name?

These are the biggest issues I'm seeing, minus the strikethrough stuff. Biggest question being bolded.
  • Highwatch already has a healthy population. There are always a bunch of guild-mates and other players on.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    You should make just 2 servers. 1 PvP (MT), and 1 PvE (CH).

It's inevitably going to happen eventually, so might as well do it now.

It's the most fair thing you can do, for the players who either don't want PvP, or want PvP at all levels.

Save yourself the work.
This discussion has been closed.