[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

145791061

Comments

  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    Treeshark wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Why don't open a free server transfer to TR, MT and CH and make these the only Tera servers? I don't understand the necessity of have 7 servers, crusades are going away and there is a new big GvG content coming soon, also makes more sense have everyone together in a MMO.

    For the names, just clean up these 3 servers for anyone who hasn't logged in for a 1 year or older.

    Because while many will transfer a lot won't and then it's even worse.
    So make an annunciation that these servers will be closing soon and let everyone transfer for one of 3 servers for 7 days, the ones who don't transfer will be merged with MT (if they're in a pvp server) and TR (if they're in a pve server).
  • Zantsuken wrote: »
    Highwatch already has a healthy population. There are always a bunch of guild-mates and other players on.

    Highwatch has an okay-ish population. However, most of the players are casual because everyone who craved for even a tiny bit of competitiveness transferred.
  • I Know VOT has been waiting for a merge for over three years. Same with LOT. HW I dont know. But I am pretty sure that it would benefit all three. I welcome the idea of EME finally realising they needed this.
  • AikenXPAikenXP
    edited July 2016
    Idea of merge is good, it REALLY SHOULD be done. BUT if you will do this 65PVP server, I'd probably leave Tera. It's not about impact of OWPVP, it's about I started playing on HW, cause I HATE PvP, I stopped playing my last MMO cause of PvP. So if you want to marge PvP servers and PvE, do one of solutions people metioned before:

    1. Equal Channel divide to PvP/PvE (and make CH1 PvE, cause it's default channel).
    2. Free server transfer to PvE or PvP server.
    3. Button/option to make you immune to attacks of players, like you don't want to PvP, you are not pvping.

    That's all I wanted to say about it.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    lightup wrote: »
    Instead of no OWPVP below 65, why not reserve 1 channel for PVE only. I don't see the point of no OWPVP below 65 anyway since leveling to 65 doesn't take much time.

    On the channel dropdown list, you can have something like this:
    channel 1 PVP
    channel 2 PVP
    channel 3 PVE

    The PVE channel should also be the last one on the dropdown list too.

    completely support this idea.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @Treeshark
    If many will transfer, but many still won't then I say you make it mandatory, automatically place everyone in either CH, TR, or MT, wipe the other 3 servers (HW, VoT, and LoT) and then open free transfer for people to go to the server they want/get back together with friends.
  • NPUNPU ✭✭
    I think the new merged server will be PVP because of having 2 PVE servers (TR/CH) and 2 PVP servers (MT/??)...
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Treeshark wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    Why don't open a free server transfer to TR, MT and CH and make these the only Tera servers? I don't understand the necessity of have 7 servers, crusades are going away and there is a new big GvG content coming soon, also makes more sense have everyone together in a MMO.

    For the names, just clean up these 3 servers for anyone who hasn't logged in for a 1 year or older.

    Because while many will transfer a lot won't and then it's even worse.
    So make an annunciation that these servers will be closing soon and let everyone transfer for one of 3 servers for 7 days, the ones who don't transfer will be merged with MT (if they're in a pvp server) and TR (if they're in a pve server).

    Basically this. Except since it's a merge, stay if you want to be a part of the merge or take a free trip to MT if you're on a pvp server and TR if you're PVE, or CH if you want RP, then open up a free account server transfer to only the new merged server after its open for the other servers.

    I say account because alot of people may want to go to the new server, but one char isn't enough if you've got 12 or something back on the other server.

    Honestly I can't think of a much more fair way. As far as names, if you're going to mt, tr, ch, mt, tr, ch has priority over names. If you're coming from another server to the new merged server, the new merged server has priority on names. The _1 works just fine.
  • AikenXP wrote: »
    Idea of merge is good, it REALLY SHOULD be done. BUT if you will do this 65PVP server, I'd probably leave Tera. It's not about impact of OWPVP, it's about I started playing on HW, cause I HATE PvP, I stopped playing my last MMO cause of PvP. So if you want to marge PvP servers and PvE, do one of solutions people metioned before:

    1. Equal Channel divide to PvP/PvE.
    2. Free server transfer to PvE or PvP server.
    3. Button/option to make you immune to attacks of players, like you don't want to PvP, you are not pvping.

    That's all I wanted to say about it.

    I agree with you completely and this truly goes the same for me.
    I'd prefer best just a channel divide main channel 1(since you're throw into this channel alot of times when exiting a dungeon or porting[I know not always with porting but you get the point]) for PvE then channel 2 for pvp.
    Also channel 1 for pve for the new people playing who don't know about different channels yet and etc, then in this case go ahead and just make it normal OWPvP. pk low levels, high levels, whatever so long as we have the main default channel safe.
  • AngelishAngelish ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    NPU wrote: »
    I think the new merged server will be PVP because of having 2 PVE servers (TR/CH) and 2 PVP servers (MT/??)...

    Ur missing Ascension Valley there
  • I'm from HW. I like the idea of a server merge coz obviously the server has a very low population and still decreasing AFAIK.
    However, I don't like the idea of a pvp server even if it's just for level 65. Don't get me wrong, I love pvp in all the games I played but if you have 400ms ping on the server, you wouldn't dare touch pvp stuff especially if you don't like losing pathetically and don't like running from a fight and that's why I don't even duel here and also the reason I chose a pve server and also please fix that server recommendation thing.
    I like the game and I can handle the PVE stuff and so even if I'm only playing the other half of it's content, I'm good.


    These could be a viable solution:
    QNTM wrote: »
    Scythera wrote: »
    Nice to see a potential solution, even just thought towards a problem happening.

    2 other options to consider

    1. Merge the 3, but offer HW players the option of transferring to another PVE server if they're so deadset on no-pvp, since afterall they didn't sign up for this and shouldn't have to pay $$ to be in the environment they did sign up for/invest time into.

    2. Offer players from other servers a free transfer to the new server for a limited time, could also help boost the population and let people return to their old friends or just try something new. idk

    Or maybe could just choose a map solely for pvp like in HW, if you like pvp so much, go to Velika Outskirts or something.

    Just sharing my opinion because if for other people, the pvp ain't that big a deal, it is for me.
  • Mobius1 wrote: »
    You should make just 2 servers. 1 PvP (MT), and 1 PvE (CH).

    It's inevitably going to happen eventually, so might as well do it now.

    It's the most fair thing you can do, for the players who either don't want PvP, or want PvP at all levels.

    Save yourself the work.

    ch?tr better and more ppl than ch lel
  • NPUNPU ✭✭
    Angelish wrote: »
    NPU wrote: »
    I think the new merged server will be PVP because of having 2 PVE servers (TR/CH) and 2 PVP servers (MT/??)...

    Ur missing Ascension Valley there

    I forgot that existed. Woops
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    CH, TR... whatever. I don't play on the PvE servers. But you get my drift.

    Make Tera 2 servers only and no more.
This discussion has been closed.