There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Server Merge Name Conflict Resolution

Since it's being requested from the other thread, i'm making this one to talk about name conflicts from a merge.

right now the process will be this:
1. Clear character names on these servers that have not logged in for over a year.
2. During the merge, the character with the most time played preserves their name.
3. The other characters under a name conflict will be renamed to <name>_1. So if your name was "Zeus", and you were beat out by another Zeus, you will now be "Zeus_1".
4. Characters from #3 will have the chance to rename their character upon login.

Comments

• That seems fair but I'm gonna miss my name "Soup" ;-;
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    Can you keep "Zeus_1"?
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    Also, after the merge can we get free server transfer? I think I wouldn't mind going to a merged HW/VoT/LoT :open_mouth:
  • Fleett wrote: »
    Can you keep "Zeus_1"?

Probably not, every other name event they've forced you to change it
  • oo I wonder which servers, LoT and VoT? or LoT VoT and HW? they all seem dead.
  • That's actually pretty good
  • That is nice, wouldnt like to some name spammer keep names, when he doesnt EVEN PLAYS AT ALL
  • But still, with HW only a year old.
    Majority of players on VoT/LoT have an extremely heads up chance to win at this,
  • Should name wipe all servers again.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @Treeshark
    You should also make it based on the date of creation, cause player 1 who got the name first is just a casuel player, while player 2 who got the name way later is more of a hardcore player, so obviously player 2 will have more in-game playtime.

And then #1 could be applied in case player 1 hasn't logged on for over a year.

>>> OR <<<

Like stated above, just do a whole name clear...
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    That is nice, wouldnt like to some name spammer keep names, when he doesnt EVEN PLAYS AT ALL
    Treeshark wrote: »
    2. During the merge, the character with the most time played preserves their name.
    If they have those names cooped up on level 1s, chances are they won't get to keep them.
    @Treeshark
    You should also make it based on the date of creation, cause player 1 who got the name first is just a casuel player, while player 2 who got the name way later is more of a hardcore player, so obviously player 2 will have more in-game playtime.

But then people like me with a lvl 30 or something mystic named Soup that I've had since the great name wipe might beat someone that actually plays their character named soup
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @MultiVitamin
    Back at it again with the name Doll...

@Jui
    Take control of your flower lol
    @Treeshark

I think rewarding players that have more playtime is fair. I don't think it should be based on date of creation. Those who spend more time on Tera should be rewarded with their name.

Regardless of how they handle it, someone will be unpleased, you can't please everyone during a merge where conflicts are bound to happen.
This discussion has been closed.