[PC] We will be entering into server maintenance on 8/22 at 6am PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Bring back PvP titles/Rating based gear

Not sure if many people remember, but back in the day there was a gear set titled "Bloodrave" handed out to players who had certain rating in Champions' Skyring (3s). When reaching said rating, players could use BG credits to buy the weapon, which granted them a title, "Blood-Soaked Class here". However, a few years back the weapons started to drop in FoK, making them lose their true meaning and purpose of getting the weapon in 3s anyway. I think if something like this were to be added into the BG shop, it could get a lot of players active in this arena. OR, during VM2 patch, for the Nightforge PvP gloves, you needed to get 1800 rating in Skyring to obtain the mat to craft these gloves, no FC, CS, or anything else. This was the patch where plenty of people were doing Champions' Skyring, solo and team. Take it into consideration.

EDIT: I also invite other PvPers to voice their opinions and ideas!

Comments

• StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I think adding titles or some sort of reward for getting ranked would be nice. With crusades leaving soon there wont be much of a reason to sustain a competitive rank other than bragging rights. They removed the battle charger (290 mount for top 30 in FWC) so the only incentive left are the achievements for ranks 1-3 if you dont already have them. I wonder if it's possible to bring MI back for 3s, too. I'm not sure what item they could put in for a title right now since all the gear mats can be obtained from pve.
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    I think adding titles or some sort of reward for getting ranked would be nice. With crusades leaving soon there wont be much of a reason to sustain a competitive rank other than bragging rights. They removed the battle charger (290 mount for top 30 in FWC) so the only incentive left are the achievements for ranks 1-3 if you dont already have them. I wonder if it's possible to bring MI back for 3s, too. I'm not sure what item they could put in for a title right now since all the gear mats can be obtained from pve.

Exactly, a lot of people want incentive to PvP, and the things you and I have listed were the things that pushed people to do it. If I remember correctly, Bloodrave set wasn't even that great of a set for Staff or Scepter, but I knew plenty of healers from both classes who worked their hardest just to have the title, it's prestigious to them, just like the glowy titles players get for clearing hard modedungeons x amount of times each patch. I'm not saying PvP is dead or if we don't do this then PvP is going straight into the ground, because PvP hasn't been this alive since VM4 patch. But, there are people who do competitively queue for Champions' Skyring team, who may not say it, but would love an incentive to actually q'ing, maybe putting a VM8 mat in KS merchant and have a required rating in said BG to obtain it? Or a title? Doesn't even need the glowy effect that Dakuryon's Nemisis haves, just make it gold so people recognize that you have it and you got it legit. Consider this EME, if we can't get a tournament the least we could get is some type of reward to the top ranked players who actually worked for it.
  • while i agree that some incentive would be motivating, i wonder if eme has the ability to do this without bhs' involvement
  • ReezReez ✭✭
    qyu wrote: »
    while i agree that some incentive would be motivating, i wonder if eme has the ability to do this without bhs' involvement

i guess maybe they'd have to speak to them on it, but i mean they're letting eme put vm6 mats and enchanting boxes onto BG merchants, and they've done the rating gear thing in the past so why not?
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    while i agree that some incentive would be motivating, i wonder if eme has the ability to do this without bhs' involvement
    BHS has trouble getting titles into the game for us for some reason. I remember after Skyring Slam and Canyon Clash the winners ended up waiting for a long time to get theirs.

Something I was wondering about was a cosmetic since it's a bit late to add special VM mats/gear. Something that isnt tradeable or bankable.
  • Basically the br zerg that was orden del temple ruined this and any hopes of this returning (title wise). There was once a dark time on Mt where the top 22 ranks all over 2000 rating were people that had never qued a game. No one has reached 2000 rating in this game in almost 3+ years not suspicious at all. The gm of said guild and others ended up getting perma ban if I remember correctly.

The rating system is also terrible. You lose 1 game you need 3- 4+ to get even and if you lose its a repeating pattern, which is part of the fun of the game but its kinda annoying. I'm sure thats not that big of a problem for the mlg teams, am just a noob. When you fight similar rated teams there's less of a punishment but we'd have to go into tera's matchmaking which can and has its own forum posts...

There was also the problem of certain prominent players that were able to get the 1800 vm2 mat from the merchant selling their services by way of account sharing which is frowned upon by eme. I've heard straight from the source, that a warrior, on mt got banned and had to pay actual money to get his account unbanned. The words "sue eme" pop into mind.

I am completely for adding the battleground gear back that is on par or even better than the vm sets "for pvp" and the title. You can just buy the current vm sets if you have the gold (buy both the mats or buying the gear itself already +15 straight out). If a couple people were to do that it would be the same as every other P2w player in this game so the majority of the hardcore pvp community would benefit from it more than the small population who swipe extremely hard. Personally I feel with equalized teams there would be more people willing to try and grind but they'd have to have something extremely worth it in the battleground merchants.
  • eme Remove KS credits from kumas pls kthnx
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    BHS has trouble getting titles into the game for us for some reason. I remember after Skyring Slam and Canyon Clash the winners ended up waiting for a long time to get theirs.

Something I was wondering about was a cosmetic since it's a bit late to add special VM mats/gear. Something that isnt tradeable or bankable.

Well with Crusades ending, I don't see why not add a prestige PvP title or a PvP costume. Since we won't be getting anything else at the end of the seasons for pvp'ing in cutthroat league. Maybe something like the Fraywind Crown
  • i think i would rather see the 3 alliance mounts in the shop for maxed credits/achivements since they are removing alliance, they do look amazing,they have 290 speed (actual usefull vs ... bad grear you cant use?)
  • UdonPasta wrote: »
    i think i would rather see the 3 alliance mounts in the shop for maxed credits/achivements since they are removing alliance, they do look amazing,they have 290 speed (actual usefull vs ... bad grear you cant use?)

Eh, I was thinking something more gear wise lol, like I said in the title, the Bloodrave gear that gave you a prestige PvP title and the Nightforge PvP gloves you had to q team 3s to obtain.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you forgot about the massive wintrading issues that came with rank-based gear...
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I guess you forgot about the massive wintrading issues that came with rank-based gear...

and people selling ranks ...
  • Just make it on the team queues or fix the kicking and draw issues, there are enough problems as it with people obsessed with rankings.
  • TheOzunuTheOzunu ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    remove kick voting from bgs then u can add rating gear and titles.
    +15 pvp players talk about "skill " when all the want is a full +15 team which could just as easily mean no skill and just gear fighting gear.
    i prefer pvE but i do the daily quest for keys and other reasons, im not going to invest in +15 pvp gear, but i have pvp zyrks and pvp crystals , i know what to do and im usually in the top 3, yet ive been kicked often.
    NO titles or gear from ratings till kick is removed and rating are REAL.

p.s: +15 pvpers should be more humble because you need the other players for the ques to pop and to fill the teams.
    otherwise you would all be QQing abot fwc being dead, again. keep that in mind.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

I mean no system is going to be perfect, just look at crusades, alliance. People have been feeding for crusade ranks for the longest time now, even the GvG system was messed up. Same thing with alliance, people fed for higher ranks for conflict to get more gold.