How hard do you think the 30 Man really is?

2»

Comments

• AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I was progress raiding WoW classic when you had raids of 40. The hardest part really is the discipline. Setting up a time and everyone is good to go? Forget it.
    I'm not filling whole blocks about discipline, but it ranges from "Oh, do I need potions/buff extras/etc." to "I totally forgot we're raiding today" and "stop playing death metal on teamspeak". We needed group leaders for discipline, substitute players, a raid leader, section leaders (healers, DPS, tanks).

Given that Tera is directed at casual players so far, tackling these organizational problems alone would be hard enough. As we are not familiar with progress raiding in Tera, I do not expect this to be very hard. We neither have DKP (dragon kill points, a group internal loot bidding system) in Tera, which usually is a sign of a hard course.

At least I expect a oneshot mechanism that regulary kills one raid member for fun as we have infight resurrection and deaths are free of charge (no gold cost for armor repair, no breaking crystals, etc.).

First thing that came to my mind when I heard of the 30 man raid was many whelps

• feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If anything, lag will be the most concern for me. Even though they mention that they will be improving this but who knows if it will work for all or just some. I think difficulty wise it will be moderately difficult.

I remember back in the nexus days when we had 20 people raid and going into nexus traverse, the last bam was pretty big. Also looking at KN20, which I wasn't around for, kelsaik looked real huge.

So for the 30 man one, I hear the bam will be so huge. It will be exciting to be tanking that lol. Can't say how difficult it would be until we try it. Aihm and that dungeon wasn't that difficult if you had a decent group and practice. I think other difficulties will be getting 30 people together and managing the tanks, healers & dps and not having some ppl afk at wrong times lol.
  • It was mentioned that there would be a compensation made for lag.... I'm thinking like heavily reducing the animations (or even better, some sort of optimization) of the reapers, gunners, brawlers... and god forbid the new sorc revamp...

I'D LIKE TO REQUEST THAT THIS OPTION ALSO BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR CORSAIR'S STRONGHOLD, FRAYWIND, ETC.

Otherwise, i'll continue to post my frames per second minute
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    I remember KN20, was asked to come off tank it for a group, joined in and found out they had four leaders, each one telling me what they wanted. One wanted me to main War tank, one wanted me to off War tank, one wanted me to just have fun, another wanted me to War DPS. The group was also split between 3 different voice servers. I ended up just DPSing then being cursed out for not off tanking by one of the four leaders. Just laughed and left. Issue with these large raid is how you have to organize them and there has to be a clear cut line of leadership, ever one has to follow the leader, every one has to keep their opinions to themselves or whisper the leader offering them. That is something I do not think will be done easily for a large percentage of the player base.
  • MaxogMaxog ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Not hard at all.

They playtested with a group of 24 therefore it has to be easy and will be a farmable joke to us NA players.
  • Maxog wrote: »
    Not hard at all.

They playtested with a group of 24 therefore it has to be easy and will be a farmable joke to us NA players.

I heard that the people who tested it didn't even clear it
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they make this very hard indeed, we would finally see BiS gear in it's rightful place. Only in the hands of really skilled players. So long as VM 8.5 cannot be liberated to be sold to whales, and the dungeon stays so hard that only a group of 30 real hardcore players can finish it, this will be the real trophy for top players and the way to show who's the real skilled player in Tera, as only them will be equipping VM 8.5. I think that's how the game should be. IF they make it like that.

Of course, this will happen only in an ideal world and not here because some of the undeserving whales and other non skilled players with enough pull will be able to get carried through. But one can dream and wish. No?
  • Nopi wrote: »
    If they make this very hard indeed, we would finally see BiS gear in it's rightful place. Only in the hands of really skilled players. So long as VM 8.5 cannot be liberated to be sold to whales, and the dungeon stays so hard that only a group of 30 real hardcore players can finish it, this will be the real trophy for top players and the way to show who's the real skilled player in Tera, as only them will be equipping VM 8.5. I think that's how the game should be. IF they make it like that.

Of course, this will happen only in an ideal world and not here because some of the undeserving whales and other non skilled players with enough pull will be able to get carried through. But one can dream and wish. No?

VM8.5 is not able to be liberated, and the player needs to have VM8 as a base to get 8.5 gear set. If the KTERA developer in the google doc is right about this 30 man being "the most difficult content in the game thus far" then everything you're asking for can be done, but as far as no one being able to buy 8.5 gear that's a given since it cannot be liberated this patch (thank God). We'll have to wait until the 25th of this month to find out how difficult the dungeon REALLY is.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, depending on how carry-able the dungeon is, we will be seeing more people or less people wearing 8.5. And for the dungeon to be really hard, it must be pretty much a 1/4 second random reaction time wipefest. With mechanics that happen at random. No boss patterns allowed. So if the boss wants to be an a-hole, he should be able to throw any number of full wipe attacks one after another at will. Basically going back to the old Nintendo Hard era of games where there were no excuses. The dungeon should take weeks for the very first party to even complete instead of a single evening. And barred 100% off limits to casual players(maybe make an easy mode version a few months later that gives mid tier gear instead for everyone to enjoy or something, sort of like what happened with Manaya Core). :3
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I am pretty sure it was meant to be a "miss one mech and whole raid wipes" kind of thing.

It only makes sense for a raid that rewards that much (probably full gear in 2 weeks).

"But us not so experienced players won't be able to clear it!"
    "But we won't be able to coordinate a raid at that level!"
    "This is a content that seems impossible to complete!"

That was the ENTIRE POINT. From the devnotes I would assume that earning the weapon should be a prestige of clearing the hardest raid. and for being coordinated enough to kill this boss. I would say that if this boss doesn't lag as much I would expect it to be potentially the marker that dictates who is truly endgame.

It was also built to not be farmable so yeah.