[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

IoD BAMs

It seems like they have a bit too much HP. Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    More than their HP, I detest their crit resistance and knockdown rate...
  • I don't have problems critting on my slayer/warrior but I do hate the kd rate as well.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are part farm, part double challenge. The double challenge comes from first being able to kill them quick enough, and the second part from not getting bored to death doing so.
  • AllwordnoplayAllwordnoplay ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I use warding scrolls...less KDs.

(but rip warding scrolls soon)
  • And then there's this junk:

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harzgelt wrote: »
    And then there's this junk:

So that happens to players as well.... hmmm.
  • Harzgelt wrote: »
    And then there's this junk:

that [filtered] happens in dungeons also not just wild bams its annoying as hell
  • YellowGemYellowGem ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I also dislike on when you knock them down, their hitbox is completely in a different state and their position also shifted a bit where you have to reposition (dps from the back), which the advantage moment is very very short. I'm talking about like zerk/slayer going around by not wasting iframes, especially zerk have to charge basically it's one hit and the BAM stands up again.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Compare to pre nerf BAMs... IOD BAMs HP... is low...

For BAMs get KD once u used to it u will know the timing for it. Also I think only naga n warmaster have this issue on KD.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minazuki wrote: »
    Compare to pre nerf BAMs... IOD BAMs HP... is low...

For BAMs get KD once u used to it u will know the timing for it. Also I think only naga n warmaster have this issue on KD.

Difference is that pre-nerf bams were not meant at all to be soloed. Even their quests had the group icon same as dungeon quests. IoD bams are meant to be soloed (even though they didn't change the crit resistances to make them more solo friendly)
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Pre nerf BAM back the days took 2-8mins depend on the BAM type with solo.
    One thing some people wont think on IOD BAMs is... their level.
    70s BAM die avg in 1-2mins while not even trying... I don't know if I should call them BAM or not.
    For some class they cant even last 30secs... as 70s BAMs...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    IoD bams last 30 seconds to only those geared in mid tier+, are skilled and have the knowledge about the fights. We all should also remember that when the second generation of IoD bams were added, the required i-level was higher, then a patch lowered the i-level and new we see newbies in dreadnaught +12 with the quest to kill iron giants and brutal hydras in their vanguard window. We all know that not only is it a bit harder (though not impossible) to kill a tier 3 IoD bam on DN gear, then add the fact that said DN gear is so easy to get up to the i-level those quests become available, and we will see a LOT of newbies complaining about how hard these are. Sure, compared to pre-nerf bams, these hit like wet noodles and have much less HP, but again, in contrast, if a newbie died to a pre-nerf bam, he'd feel like not losing much because he was trying a group quest. Now newbies shoved into IoD are still confused as to why they have to fight these massive knockdown heavy monstrosities as a solo quest when so far the rest of the game has been such a breeze.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    DN+12 for 70s BAM NOT only is it a bit harder... I am done.
    Oh and under 30secs on 70s BAM for some class don't even need slaughter gear.

Its not game hard... its people complain before try to improve.

We all were a beginner like a newbie~
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exactly sure what you are saying. Forgive me. All I'm trying to say is that is natural that IoD bams are easy for those who already know them, but very hard for a 4 day newbie because of lack of practice and knowledge of both their class and the monsters, and that's why you will see people on both sides of the fence. Some saying they are too hard, and some saying they are too easy. While in the end it all boils down to skill and knowledge.