[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Solo Instance laggy; constant fps drops and crashes

Comments

• So u got 0 fps when bams appear too? Im confused, dont know what happens...
  • Yep I encounter this as well. Not so far as crashing though.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Last boss cut scene frozen a bit.
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    same, last scene frozed and everytime i enter to battle it turns to 0fps. Even when i did it the 2nd time it still frozed and went to 0fps. :<
    One of my friends said they frozed for 1 minute. dunno if its true but its kinda believable. :<
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what it is. Perhaps memory related. If you do the instance a second time without logging out you shouldn't have any lock ups nor any freezes. At least that's what's happening to me. In fact any subsequent runs will be smooth. But after awhile (doing the instance on multiple characters without exiting the game) I get a crash with an insufficient memory error. I'm currently monitoring the ram the game is using and at most it used around 2.3 GB but can lower to around 1.9GB at times. Being a 32 bit application, I assume it will derp if anything makes it go past 3.2GB?
  • It's pretty awful. The screen locks up entirely, even when skipping the cut scenes.
  • Yup, did the dungeon once, was laggy all the time, got nothing good 0/10 will not do again
  • the whole thing is not laggy, but sometimes specially during bosses and cinematic scenes, a lag spike appears.
  • i got 0 fps + freeze during boss fight :(
  • Glad to hear it's not just me then. My framerate drops to 0 for several seconds during cutscenes or immediately after them.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    It freezes during last boss fight and cutscenes
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine stopped 2 seconds into the fight with the last boss. 40 seconds later, I finally start getting frames and I'm down to 20% HP because the game has just left me where I stood.

And my PC Specs are: AMD FX6300, nVidia GeForce GTX 1070.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    No official input yet?
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Only advice I can be in these fights is. In the machine boss, trigger the NPC chat and hang far back, The boss will still most likely detect you and aggro you, but you will have a bit more time to let the freeze run it's course. On last boss, at least the first part you can just let the freeze roll it's course without even aggroing the boss. Just don't rush in. For the second part, you can hold your dps once you get the boss down to low HP. 30% or so. Or you can let it do it's shield and adds phase. When you kill the adds she will summon another group of adds that will die as soon as they spawn. Hang back and wait. A mini sequence will happen (no cut scene) and the boss will transform. Wait for the second freeze to end while away from boss.
  • BlueHole Studio Official Response: Yes.