[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Steam downloading 9.4GBs patch for TERA

New content! :open_mouth:

auQPg8x.png

No, but seriously, this showed up today in the afternoon. Anyone knows what this is?

Comments

• Ohhh found the answer
    Geletron wrote: »
    It is the same update that came through the launcher yesterday. We updated the build hosted on Steam to the live version.

Please close :sweat:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye good internet :love:
  • PaulisAwesomePaulisAwesome ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The patch itself was less then 1gb
    But steam is weird, wont just patch certain files without replacing others..
    Thus the download being so large.
    I've noticed it happens every content patch through steam.

As a trick i use, since i'm usually cba waiting that long to download when i want to play.

I make a shortcut straight to my desktop from the launcher(in your steam game files the normal launcher is there)
    So when I see an update like this pop up, I'll stop it and run normally..And download the update in my sleep or so.

1a1a3e718b.png
    To compare, it's not even the same for everyone :p
  • So does this mean the patch will not use 10GB? I'm using a SSD for Tera and 10GB is kind-of a big deal to me...
  • So does this mean the patch will not use 10GB? I'm using a SSD for Tera and 10GB is kind-of a big deal to me...

It's not going to expand your install size by 10gb(or whatever ammount it is you need to download)
    I'd expect it to expand around 1gb, The rest it's downloading are files to be replaced/might've been curroupted/ for whatever reason wants to replace.