[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 3/30 (Mon) at 6:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. This maintenance will deploy the latest TERA Console update and re-open the dungeon Manglemire. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Will PvPers beable to get the new BiS brooch and tier 4 etching?

I was just wondering if the brooch, tier 4 etching, and vm8.5 will only be obtainable through pve next patch...

Comments

• It's only been stated that those particular things are attainable through the new 30-man raid. So yes you need to pve for them. However bhs did say they would consider adding a PvP set to the new gvg system if it's not taken advantage of.
  • where can i find info on this new gear? thx
  • rip, ty for the answer.
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    It's only been stated that those particular things are attainable through the new 30-man raid. So yes you need to pve for them. However bhs did say they would consider adding a PvP set to the new gvg system if it's not taken advantage of.

that sounds horrible... only the zerg guild gets BIS gear....
  • Both options seem pretty [filtered] for the average pvper lol.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Can PvPers PvE? yes.

That is probably my answer.

But I am pretty sure they will release some way to get tier 4 etchings for pure PvPers.
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    Can PvPers PvE?

No.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    maybe, from:

http://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/148840256223/ktera-gmnote-iwanttoknow-30manraid
    11. I feel PVP players will not be able to obtain BiS gear without playing the new raid. Will there be alternative ways to obtain the gear through PVP?
    11. PVP 유저도 신규 레이드를 플레이 하지 않으면, 최상위 아이템을 획득 할 수 없을 것 같습니다.
    혹시 PVP를 통해서도 최상위 장비를 얻을 수 있는 대안이 마련되어 있을까요?

After taking into account how the raid turns out, we plan to make it possible to obtain it through PVP end-game content (Guild GvG, Named boss hunting).
    As it is not possible to obtain the BiS item through regular dungeons, it will also not be possible to obtain it through regular battlegrounds.
    최상위 레이드의 공략 진행 상황을 고려하여 PVP 엔드컨텐츠(길드대전, 필드네임드)를 통해서도
    최상위 아이템 획득이 가능하도록 할 예정입니다.
    최상위 아이템을 일반 던전에서 얻을 수 없는 것과 동일하게 일반 전장에서는 최상위 아이템을
    얻을 수는 없습니다.

In addition, in case of any issues or abuse, and forming alliance for one PVP group to monopolize BiS items without competition, as it does not reflect our intentions and may cause other problems, we caution that rewarding BiS item may be excluded.
    그리고 예상치 못한 문제나 어뷰징, 담합을 통해 일부 PVP 세력이 정상적인 경쟁 없이 최상위 아이템을 통제하거나
    독점이 지속해서 발생할 경우 이는 전혀 의도한 바가 아니며 많은 문제를 발생 시키기 때문에
    해당 컨텐츠에서 최상위 아이템 보상이 제외될 수도 있음을 미리 알려드립니다.
  • Just wondering why would you bother to get the new brooch as pvper ? Think of it as pve exclusive, as it wouldn't be that much better than the x4 brooch anyway.
    This is just like ppl doing pve only but keep asking for murderous intent.
    Tier 4 etching is generic so probably there would be ways for both side to obtain them. Maybe 200k KS or something.
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    No matter what stats it gives it's still inferior to the almighty cleansing brooch.
  • ReezReez ✭✭
    Why would you need it in PvP you can't even use it in BG's..
  • Reez wrote: »

Open world GvG...
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    I have the absolute lowest expectations for that "content"
  • Felhammer wrote: »
    Reez wrote: »

Open world GvG...

Open world GvG.. on what server.. in what game..
  • Derpybowl wrote: »
    Athletic wrote: »
    Felhammer wrote: »
    Reez wrote: »

Open world GvG...

Open world GvG.. on what server.. in what game..

all servers? what you think just because <insert pve server here> doesnt have a lot of pvpers that people arent gonna fight tooth and nail for those velika taxes?

If the GvG thing follows the rule for the rest of the instanced PvP in the game, brooch won't be allowed. Considering the Velika content is instanced as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't allow use of brooch either.