[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Producer Letter for Autumn 2016

Post_Header.jpg

Many of you have been waiting for the Producer Letter hinted during our Friday Twitch streams and forum posts. It's finally here! Treeshark gives an update on the status of TERA and the upcoming content you can expect in Autumn 2016:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/producer-letter-for-autumn-2016

Comments

• The idea that players in guilds will receive buffs is kind of disheartening. Players in guilds already have the advantage of being in guilds. Why do they need anything more?
  • I'm a bit taken back by the news that four servers in which I have invested real money will be reduced to one. The character and bank slots and other investments just... disappear:
    "No characters will be deleted during the merge; however, once the merge is complete if you have more characters than character slots, you will need to delete* some until you have an amount of characters equal to or less than your character slot amount. ...there will be a free transfer period from the new server to Ascension Valley (PVE) from September 9 to 13... Please note that if you choose to transfer characters to Ascension Valley during the free transfer period, your character slots, bank tabs, and wardrobe tabs will not be transferred. "
  • They just continue to show that TERA isn't worth spending any real money on. While other games get a ton of new content, all we get are costumes and flying mounts. Bluehole Studios doesn't even have the necessary resources to make new classes that aren't restricted to specific races and genders.

They open up new servers to lure people in, entice them to spend money, and then slap their loyal consumers in the face with crap like this.
  • Well on a happy note, finally getting those dragon mounts... I guess .-.
  • BaldurdashBaldurdash ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yes, let's whine when a 30 person raid is coming. Having server merge happen now while nothing big is going on is better than doing it when we actually need players to complete the content.
  • Baldurdash wrote: »
    Yes, let's whine when a 30 person raid is coming. Having server merge happen now while nothing big is going on now is better than doing it when we actually need players to complete the content.
    Other MMORPGs already have raids, and have had them for years. They also have real end-game PvP content in the form of massive siege battles over content that is legitimately beneficial for those who can claim it.

What does TERA have? We've gotten Reapers, Gunners, Brawlers, and Ninjas, all of which are restricted to female characters of certain races, and none of which are actually balanced in PvP with the old classes. We've gotten no real PvP content in a long, long time (I wouldn't even count alliance since it's utter trash) and most of our PvE content is recycled to provide us with an endless grind.

EME charges a ton for account services like character slots, bank slots, etc.., and all it takes for you to lose them is being on a dead server. No compensation and very little in the form of compromise.
  • Baldurdash wrote: »
    Yes, let's whine when a 30 person raid is coming. Having server merge happen now while nothing big is going on now is better than doing it when we actually need players to complete the content.
    Other MMORPGs already have raids, and have had them for years. They also have real end-game PvP content in the form of massive siege battles over content that is legitimately beneficial for those who can claim it.

What does TERA have? We've gotten Reapers, Gunners, Brawlers, and Ninjas, all of which are restricted to female characters of certain races, and none of which are actually balanced in PvP with the old classes. We've gotten no real PvP content in a long, long time (I wouldn't even count alliance since it's utter trash) and most of our PvE content is recycled to provide us with an endless grind.

EME charges a ton for account services like character slots, bank slots, etc.., and all it takes for you to lose them is being on a dead server. No compensation and very little in the form of compromise.

They are giving us 4 character slots for free just for logging into the server, are you moving to AV?
  • So what happens if I purchased 4 character slots on both VoT and LoT? I end up losing 4 of them and having to delete half of my characters.
  • BaldurdashBaldurdash ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    So what happens if I purchased 4 character slots on both VoT and LoT? I end up losing 4 of them and having to delete half of my characters.

17k gold for a character slot is pretty cheap, just find someone selling emp and get the rest of the four that you need on only one server(vot or lot). Your max slots on one server will carry over.

But I do think that it is not a smart decision to award character slots -after- merge because you won't even be able to log in until you delete characters. @Treeshark @Spacecats
  • tal10tal10
    edited August 2016
    There is a simple rule: you can not take away already paid think. Virtual or real. No matter how much it costs. $10 or $1000 or $1000000. For these things were paid real money. No one has the right to take them. These are the foundations of capitalism.
    I: I want +1 bank slot.
    EME: OK. $10
    I: OK. I paid.
    EME: OK. +1 bank slot for u.
    I: thanks.
    ... +1 year.
    EME: hmm ... no. -1 bank slot.
    I: O_O
    All simple.
  • tal10 wrote: »
    There is a simple rule: you can not take away already paid think. Virtual or real. No matter how much it costs. $10 or $1000 or $1000000. For these things were paid real money. No one has the right to take them. These are the foundations of capitalism.
    I: I want +1 bank slot.
    EME: OK. $10
    I: OK. I paid.
    EME: OK. +1 bank slot for u.
    I: thanks.
    ... +1 year.
    EME: hmm ... no. -1 bank slot.
    I: O_O
    All simple.

Sorry to say but en masse still owns your account:

http://tera.enmasse.com/legal/terms-of-service
    The entire contents of TERA, including without limitation all information, material, trademarks, software, video, photographs, graphics, text, music and sound, are owned or licensed by En Masse under applicable laws.
  • Just because EnMasse can screw over their loyal customers doesn't mean they should.

• when good old capitalism, this was not. my money - your product. I gave the money - received the products. you have my money - I have your productcs. now only professional lawyers can understand the license or service agrement.
  • Just because EnMasse can screw over their loyal customers doesn't mean they should.

They don't mean to, they have to make the best of their situation and for everyone involved and they don't make decisions lightly. Of course a few people are going to be unhappy, you can't please everyone.
  • SchwerpunktSchwerpunkt ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Baldurdash wrote: »
    They don't mean to, they have to make the best of their situation and for everyone involved and they don't make decisions lightly. Of course a few people are going to be unhappy, you can't please everyone.
    They do mean to. Give everyone affected a free transfer to any server they'd like, lift the restrictions on what can be transferred for those affected, give all affected by the transfer reimbursement for the character and bank slots they're losing, etc..

They can do much more than they're doing now.