[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

New version of Mongo event--Feedback post

Comments

• ObsObs ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    I agree the respawn rate seems a bit weird. You get a ton for like an hour and then nothing... I wonder if there's just no one to really make sure they spawn consistently without overfeeding us.

It doesn't really work like that. The servers spawn them regularly as they're killed, so the total population stays the same on every server at all times. Maybe they're just reappearing in spots you aren't used to looking in?

Many of them were spawning underneath the ground or in inaccessible areas, so they can't even be killed for more to respawn.

Here's a screenshot showing at least 10 of them being underground. We only got there by glitch walking and hoping that our skills hit the Terrons.

Here's another one.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    I agree the respawn rate seems a bit weird. You get a ton for like an hour and then nothing... I wonder if there's just no one to really make sure they spawn consistently without overfeeding us.

It doesn't really work like that. The servers spawn them regularly as they're killed, so the total population stays the same on every server at all times. Maybe they're just reappearing in spots you aren't used to looking in?
    Obscumbra wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

Many of them were spawning underneath the ground or in inaccessible areas, so they can't even be killed for more to respawn.

Here's a screenshot showing at least 10 of them being underground. We only got there by glitch walking and hoping that our skills hit the Terrons.

Here's another one.

Space, this guy is correct. Can you manually despawn them every so often? Or maybe automatically? We've been noticing the slowdowns really badly.

For another example, in Raven Altar or whatever in Susurrus Woods, you can usually find 2-4 underneath the dais that are completely unreachable.
  • Getting really slow :( especially since the introduction of more channels it seems. Wondering why?
  • SyjitraSyjitra ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Spawns are very slow.. many raids I tried today were lucky to find anything after 15-20 mins of looking. Only place that seemed to be somewhat normal was Bastion, but not all of us want to hunt there.

Overall the event is decent aside from the spawn rate. As usual it gets pretty disheartening when you search for an hour and find nothing(again, could be due to glitched spawns).

I really love that we can hunt in raids. Two thumbs up for that idea.
  • TorchideTorchide ✭✭✭
    I can't participate in this event because I'm on a family vacation and quite sad it ends before I fly home. :(

And a computer capable of running tera without overheating isn't something I bring with
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    event is absolutely great. only critic i can make is about cosmetics, it would be great if there were more different items from same type of mongos, cause i was whole evening in spring valley and now i have 15 chilly little clouds :D
  • @Spacecats many Mongos actually spawn in inaccessible areas, such as underground or inside walls. As more accessible Mongos are killed, the more likely Mongos will spawn and be stuck in areas that are impossible to reach, so technically the amount of "accessible" Mongos are actually decreasing over time.

Also, for hunting in raids, it would be really nice to have a "Collect All" button to collect all parcel posts. Would be very convenient instead of having to open 200 Parcels full of mongo drops individually.

But overall, this event is fairly well done, and definitely is an improvement over the previous Mongo event.
  • This event was really great, thanks for coming up with it! :)

I was in raids from LFG the whole day, and although I did see less mongos as the days went on, I attributed that to more raids and more people.

I like how mongos were confined to specific areas, not the broad reaching expanse of everywhere, and having limited loot to a type of mongo was also great. It was nice that it's only a 3 day event so we can get back to normal: broker prices (Noble Moons for 1k though lol) and dungeons. I feel like it really brought the community together for a while with everyone forming raids in LFG. Although there was some tension between raids over which channels were taken or not, it mostly ran really smoothly.

What I thought could have been better was the decision to put mongo loot in the mailbox. With a full raid of 20, messages start piling up. I still have 52 pages of unread mail. It's better than going straight into your inventory though, don't get me wrong. Guess there's no perfect solution (besides giving us and auto collect button for system messages hint hint).

I joined a raid for the legendary mongo, but we couldn't find any. I think the reason the legendary mongo worked before was because mongos were rarer and not confined to specific areas. A lot of time would go into smaller mongos with varying degrees of success. This event, regular mongos are reliable while legendary mongos are not. Maybe have regular mongos stop spawning as legendaries go so everyone is invested in finding one since they don't have any other mongos to find.

I'm selling some stuff at broker so don't have events like this too often please? Intervals of 2-3 months sound good with smaller events in between. You've really spoiled us with this event :)
  • Spawn rate is at the point it was the first mongo event... the point where I'm tired of looking for hours for 1 or 2. I was really really appreciative earlier of the spawn rate because it seemed like we were being listened to.

I tested for the past 3 hours if it was just the places I was... it's not. I have a full raid saying the same thing. :(
  • Yeah, I stopped a couple hours ago but we got about a mongo every minute for the whole raid. Definitely smaller than when it first started today with multiple mongos every minute, but still decent. Still more than the first event
  • There's a huge gap in spawn rates between different maps. Bastion got me like 500 mails in a raid after 2 hours, in the same amount of time seeliewood only gave 14. Why not just reduce goldfingers to 5 and up the spawn rate? At least that way, it doesn't feel like were just running around wasting time.
  • Vesporax wrote: »
    There's a huge gap in spawn rates between different maps. Bastion got me like 500 mails in a raid after 2 hours, in the same amount of time seeliewood only gave 14. Why not just reduce goldfingers to 5 and up the spawn rate? At least that way, it doesn't feel like were just running around wasting time.

Because in Seeliewood have ONLY a UNCOMMON and RARE, in bastion you have COMMON that is why you got many mail.
    Which 90% of your mails is from a common
  • My main problem with teramongo this time around is the amount of people that can receive the reward. Don't get me wrong, I like that everybody can get something. But this leads to toxicity in the community. People will form giant raids, and since it goes to every raid that hit the mongo atleast once, they can have multiple raids to dominate areas. With a great enough amount of people. Leaving anyone else out. I believe the max amount of people should be reduced to 1 party/raid and no one else. This will promote people to be active in finding the mongos for themselves and raid members, rather than afking, and will keep giant amounts of people from dominating areas where they spawn. @Spacecats
  • this event just meh. spawn rate is too good.
  • Hastrer wrote: »
    Vesporax wrote: »
    There's a huge gap in spawn rates between different maps. Bastion got me like 500 mails in a raid after 2 hours, in the same amount of time seeliewood only gave 14. Why not just reduce goldfingers to 5 and up the spawn rate? At least that way, it doesn't feel like were just running around wasting time.

Because in Seeliewood have ONLY a UNCOMMON and RARE, in bastion you have COMMON that is why you got many mail.
    Which 90% of your mails is from a common

Luckily for you I did count my mails from bastion. I got approximately 15 mail containing hats, and another 20 containing wolf mounts. I personally found 5 uncommon mobs that didn't send any mails and only dropped loot. All in all, Seeliewood still drops less than half what Bastion does.

Care to try whiteknighting again?