[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

New version of Mongo event--Feedback post

12346»

Comments

• xD i suggest not to nerf the spawn rate so bad for next time due to the raise in population during the events
  • Not to say it did get a bit boring after a few hours at times but it was all solved when I put some music on and just keep going lol. The only thing I found that anyone rarely ran dungeons over the weekend lol.

All in all it was a great event. Was happy to get +16 crit inner, noble moon, SMART DYADS, those cute clouds and other stuff. I don't know what to do with them and well now that most people have a lot of things, will be hard to sell for months lol. But I'm happy about the smart dyad; at least I'm good for my next 2 vm sets for my lancer :pleased:

I think in the future they should put really big bams out there like they did some event ago in the last mongo and also making the prizes well worth it. Also it would be nice to implement something like: x amount of people are allowed in such a zone to restrict the many people in one area when fighting the bam. And have the next amount of people go to a different channel or zone. Kind of like when we had the bam event on Friday on AV right before the mongo event, it was fun but lots of lag leading to multiple crashes and hard to really fight the difficult bosses.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    It was a very good event! Thank you EME.

A fix with stuck mongos, and it would have been perfect. That glitch sadly killed some areas, and the inappropriate beginning as well :3 Nonetheless, i think everyone forgot to do Rootstock or dungeons, and went for the event only.
  • Shikine wrote: »
    It was a very good event! Thank you EME.

A fix with stuck mongos, and it would have been perfect. That glitch sadly killed some areas, and the inappropriate beginning as well :3 Nonetheless, i think everyone forgot to do Rootstock or dungeons, and went for the event only.

Ehh, I gave up rootstock after finding out gathering used PP again :)
    Regardless, I love the raid version of this event. Would've been nice if there was a SES-specific mongo. (Yes, I'm aware that tier 2 bastion mongos dropped ses.) All in all, great event, would not sleep for it again. :proud:
  • Eiiji wrote: »
    Eiiji wrote: »
    i like free stuff but this is way too much
    some item need to keep it rarity so it wont lose it value like noble mount or superior innerwear

what happen to inner armor weekend sales? i guess no one care about it since mongo drop innerwear like candy

it will be better if mongo drop SES too :)

what happened? did this event hurt your p2w style? lol

p2w is better than this, you worked in real life and pay it here, I never sell anything from cash shop, I gained most stuff from the game and this event is way too much, Lazy ppl like you might like it too much and rage over ppl which say stuff like that,

so you are saying EME did this event for ''lazy'' people like me, not for p2w kids like you? it made me laugh how you are whining about the event and your second comment is saying otherwise lmao

I was never one of p2w kids you are mentioning, I live in a poor country with poor economy, my weekends are different, so I miss most weekend events, but you won't find me cry over free stuff like you which is really pathetic.
  • I'm surprised noone mentioned the great idea of sharing reward with your own raid and even with other raids.

Not talking about how much the loot worth, the sharing mechanic above helped create one of the most impressive collaboration I've seen since Vanarch days. 5 full raids in one same channel, using the same chat channel, called mongo's location and coordinated their raid members so that all raids can gain the best benefit possible. It was simply beautiful watching 100 people working together smoothly using only 1 chat channel, no voice, which impressed me even more than the newest 30m raid in Ktera (in term of cooperation/coordination).

This mechanic should definitely be used again in future event, preferably ones with find and destroy objective. Weaker players can help with locating all the targets, while geared groups should be the main force to take them all down as many as possible during the event time lot in order to maximizing reward for everyone. Work best with huge maps and/or small targets.

The main problem with this mechanic is it's extremely exploitable using multiple clients, however it can easily be prevent by giving out untradeable rewards liker personal alkahest, tiered spellbind, smart dyad, bound fine niveot (yes, some friends of mine have been trolled by GMs with it - not like they have any complain). Those will be of great help doesn't matter if it's a new player who just started gearing or fully geared player who's preparing for next patch, and most of all it won't significantly affect the market no matter how hard one tried to farm.

I also like the new "dropping loots while getting hit" mechanic from the uncommon mongos. This can setup some sorts of new minigame event where GM can summon an OP boss that can AoE 1shot everything (hello Royal Beast) for a short duration (ex, 2m), and other players would have to survive + attack (+ loot) all at the same time for the best loot possible (personal loot, the more you attack, the more you get). However this mechanic is bias toward multi hit combo classes so I hope EME's programmer can do something about it (best would be "drop loots at certain hp %").

Above was my opinion as a developer. As a player I'm having a huge urge to sue EME for robbing my sleep time.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Sylviette wrote: »
    The main problem with this mechanic is it's extremely exploitable using multiple clients, however it can easily be prevent by giving out untradeable rewards liker personal alkahest, tiered spellbind, smart dyad, bound fine niveot (yes, some friends of mine have been trolled by GMs with it - not like they have any complain). Those will be of great help doesn't matter if it's a new player who just started gearing or fully geared player who's preparing for next patch, and most of all it won't significantly affect the market no matter how hard one tried to farm.
    A thousand times this.

This would also solve the problem of afk alts. Afks create a huge atmosphere of paranoia and annoyance within the raid as seen with constant ready checks and remakes.
  • Actually the Bound fine niveots come from one of the level 65 gearing quests. It would've been great if the loot wasn't tradeable, but personal alkahest doesn't work to awaken enchant, and tiered spellbind requires too many for the next level. There will always be something that gives others an unfair advantage, anyways...
  • CjarCjar ✭✭
    I would like to leave some feedback, and I guess I will do it here as to not make more threads. Hopefully someone sees it.

Positive Improvements

- Hunting in a raid is great, made lots of new friends and it was a lot of fun. Mandrakes were also nice change for when you couldn't hunt with friends (such as when queuing or when no one was online), and as someone who considers themselves a bit of a solo player because I play mostly in the morning, mandrakes were much appreciated.

- Maps and explanations, no more wondering where the mongos were and who drops what, this was great. It would have been nice to have a loot table, but I will take what I can get.

Needs Work

- Spawn. Was way too wild at first for rares, and then basically non existent after it was fixed. Our 20 man raid hunted for over 8 hours yesterday, and we found 2 rares in that time. Also, sometimes we wouldn't find anything at all for 20-30 minutes. I think that there needs to be a sweet spot. People would become uninterested if they weren't finding anything. The spawn was too high Friday night, and then it was too low combined with the amount of competition.

- More channels, or more areas. While as a whole, I made lots of friends, there was definitely some player aggression. When there is only 3 channels, and 10 20 main raids trying to hunt them all, it got pretty spicy.

- Some areas no one touched, for example Valley of Titans and Aurum Road were empty. Not sure if it was because of the spawn rate coupled with the bigger map or what happened, but it wasn't fun or worth it to hunt in these areas, which meant more congestion in other areas.

-Possibly a bigger loot table when it comes to rare/cosmetic drops. It would have been nice to get more mounts than just moons, and more varied cosmetics. This would also keep the market from flooding with the same stuff. Possibly using different loot each time as well, since moon mounts were dropped last time.

Overall Thoughts

This event is really fun. Most people love it, and it was great seeing people get so excited and working together. I'm sure with continued tweaking the event could be even better. Already looking forward to the next mongo event, and looking forward to seeing the improvements. Out of all the events - between this one and the kyras box/hunters box, it's a close tie. I think people love open world events in general since we rarely get to go out into the open world.

• LotusEliseLotusElise ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Firstly, thank you EME and the team for putting on perhaps the best event in TERA history.
    As a guild master, my guild had an AWESOME time hunting and profiting together – It was a such a great thing to see!

- The parcel deliveries shared between members – this was probably the main benefactor in so many people working together (aside from the AFKers, but we weed them out)
    - The ‘Piñata’ style mongos - these were great as the people who really were going all out got an EXTRA bonus on top of getting the parcels (sneaky AFKers can’t benefit from these!)
    - That raids could ‘Share’ kills – don’t know if it was intentional but was also good as we could share channels without killing each other.
    - 3 days – nice amount of time and covers all time zones
    - Specific locations for monsters – this was great as we could hunt for what we wanted and almost always find a group to do so (also a major benefactor I think)
    - Areas where there were only ‘Piñata’ style mongos – for those solo people

DISLIKES
    - The legendary’s didn’t seem worth it, after one or two we didn’t bother anymore
    - The mishap at the start – practically breaking the innerwear market (whoops!)
    - The Chilly Clouds and Noble Moons OP EVERYWHERE – Maybe a broader prize pool next time, like all the clouds instead of one type? I’m not complaining, just a suggestion – Every new guildy I get now is going to get a moon mount! Haha

Overall a VERY pleasant experience and enjoyable event.

10/10

Thanks, Lotus.Elise (Secret -TR)
  • Cjar wrote: »
    I would like to leave some feedback, and I guess I will do it here as to not make more threads. Hopefully someone sees it.

Positive Improvements

- Hunting in a raid is great, made lots of new friends and it was a lot of fun. Mandrakes were also nice change for when you couldn't hunt with friends (such as when queuing or when no one was online), and as someone who considers themselves a bit of a solo player because I play mostly in the morning, mandrakes were much appreciated.

- Maps and explanations, no more wondering where the mongos were and who drops what, this was great. It would have been nice to have a loot table, but I will take what I can get.

Needs Work

- Spawn. Was way too wild at first for rares, and then basically non existent after it was fixed. Our 20 man raid hunted for over 8 hours yesterday, and we found 2 rares in that time. Also, sometimes we wouldn't find anything at all for 20-30 minutes. I think that there needs to be a sweet spot. People would become uninterested if they weren't finding anything. The spawn was too high Friday night, and then it was too low combined with the amount of competition.

- More channels, or more areas. While as a whole, I made lots of friends, there was definitely some player aggression. When there is only 3 channels, and 10 20 main raids trying to hunt them all, it got pretty spicy.

- Some areas no one touched, for example Valley of Titans and Aurum Road were empty. Not sure if it was because of the spawn rate coupled with the bigger map or what happened, but it wasn't fun or worth it to hunt in these areas, which meant more congestion in other areas.

-Possibly a bigger loot table when it comes to rare/cosmetic drops. It would have been nice to get more mounts than just moons, and more varied cosmetics. This would also keep the market from flooding with the same stuff. Possibly using different loot each time as well, since moon mounts were dropped last time.

Overall Thoughts

This event is really fun. Most people love it, and it was great seeing people get so excited and working together. I'm sure with continued tweaking the event could be even better. Already looking forward to the next mongo event, and looking forward to seeing the improvements. Out of all the events - between this one and the kyras box/hunters box, it's a close tie. I think people love open world events in general since we rarely get to go out into the open world.

This.