[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Class Change Vouchers?

Comments

• How about no
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class Change Vouchers?

Here you go, currently its 25% off!
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been discussed before. And from the discussions I've got that many wouldn't like such a thing to exist. Various reasons were posted that I actually don't remember, but indeed many voiced against it. I myself was kind of surprised about such response but that's how it was.
  • I think one important one is that, no1 wants a lvl 65 clueless-whateverclass. You need to at least lvl it up to 65 to know the skills, rotations, etc.
    Also everyone would turn old alts with old classes into new ones.
    If you can just change your class, picking one in the first place is meaningless, people would lvl up with the fastest class and then just change when max lvl.

I could keep going, this is not happening.
  • I suspect the main reason it won't happen is that the whole game's monetization system is centered around people creating more and more characters (character slots, bank slots, soulbound cosmetics/mounts, etc.). But it would also run a bit counter to some of the bind-on-pickup and reputation systems that are there to prevent people from grinding mats on an "easy class" to gear a "harder class." There are games where this kind of thing makes sense, but I think it doesn't fit TERA's model.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Every class release everyone would change to the new class. I'm aware everyone makes one anyway, but at least they have to kinda play through it before reaching endgame.
  • this is actually something i was discussing with someone

For Example: I have a priest with tons of titles, laurel & achievements, costumes, mounts, memories, etc on it. So a class change voucher would be nice since i can keep all that stuff on that character, I wont lose all the things i worked hard for (titles, laurel & achievements, costumes, mounts, etc) instead of leveling up another class that wont have all that.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Here's a few points from my own opinion, now that I see these posts and remember a bit more about the other thread about this.

The part about leveling is kind of null now. Leveling up teaches next to nothing at the moment. One could have a level 65 in a day and still remain clueless about how the class works. Much less for end game, as has been proven countless times already out there. I don't even need to give examples. Just queue yourself into almost every 65 instance and you will be bound to find these kinds of players. But this isn't the reason why a class change voucher cannot be released.

As Counter explained, BHS and EME wants you to make a new character and spend money on it. This is also why we will most likely never see a "liberation scroll" for cosmetics nor account bound cosmetics other than the current single one. Spent a hundred dollars into the RNG game for a dyeable costume but now you are bored with your current class? Well, BHS's solution is to make a new class and spend a hundred dollars more for the same outfit, or a thousand, since it's rng. The more money wasted on rng without them having to give you anything, the happier they are.

There's also the part about achievements. But of most interesting to see would be the server prime ones. Sure, it may be a minor thing to most of us, but what if a Berserker Prime on one server decides to change to archer? Does the system have a list of those who would have obtained the title after him? Or will it be up for grabs and make it totally unfair for those who competed for the title the first time? Some people find these things important.

Anyway. More reasons may pop up about it, even if I remember posting back then some solutions, like resetting all achievements and even dropping the level back to 1 and not allowing class changes to reaper. But still the main reason, money, completely outweights and crushes our wants and needs. So no. I really doubt such an item would ever exist.
  • I don't get all these people that says you need to learn your class while leveling. I mean what's the point of that? Not being at max level means you don't have all your skills and glyphs just yet. You don't have the usual end game stuffs that includes gears and consumables so you're not yet playing at a point where "learning" the class is such a big thing just yet.

Will you spend that much time and effort in learning how to play a class at level let's say 30 which isn't even half of the max level knowing you don't have all the skills, glyphs and end game stuff just yet? Knowing the play style will drastically change once you get to hit max level where you can wear and use end game gears and consumables.

I mean, don't get me wrong, learning the class is important of course but it does not justify being one of the reason to be put against this topic. To me, leveling is phase where you try to get the "feel" of the class, how does it plays and if you're going to like it but I don't think it's a point where you seriously need to learn the class just yet as the effort and time poured into it could end up in vain if it turns out that you don't like the class after some time spent leveling.

TERA isn't one of those games where you can choose to stay at lower level and actually play the game from there. Twinking does not exist in this game so trying to learn a class seriously at a low levels doesn't hold that much meaning into it.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Eiiji wrote: »
    leveling up in Tera is too easy, just buy a char slot and level up the class you like.

Yeah but some people got like a Champ laurel, [filtered] ton of items and costumes, titles, etc and wanna keep that but change class. So it's problematic for those people.

And the "Just get all of it again" argument is frustrating. I mean we ALL KNOW that it's lots of time, work and gold LOL.
  • Nightx wrote: »
    Why do you want to class change after investing that amount of time/ gold / effort to think of changing to another class. I start to question your motives.

If its a new class you're basically in the same shoes as everybody else, you start over...

I have 4 priests and the one I would want to change to another class has costumes on it and I don't really want to lose the costumes.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightx wrote: »
    Why do you want to class change after investing that amount of time/ gold / effort to think of changing to another class. I start to question your motives.

If its a new class you're basically in the same shoes as everybody else, you start over...

I have 4 priests and the one I would want to change to another class has costumes on it and I don't really want to lose the costumes.

As I said, BHS wants you to make a new class and buy more costumes. It's part of their business. That's also why we haven't seen a liberation scroll for costumes. If the game was pay to play, we'd probably see better ways for us to keep our costumes or change them from character to character. I could say, sure, let's make a 15 dollar liberation scroll for costumes. They get their cash, we get our costume change feature. But so far apparently making people re-buy may be more profitable, more if the costume comes from RNG.
  • edited September 2016
    Nopi wrote: »
    Nightx wrote: »

As I said, BHS wants you to make a new class and buy more costumes. It's part of their business. That's also why we haven't seen a liberation scroll for costumes. If the game was pay to play, we'd probably see better ways for us to keep our costumes or change them from character to character. I could say, sure, let's make a 15 dollar liberation scroll for costumes. They get their cash, we get our costume change feature. But so far apparently making people re-buy may be more profitable, more if the costume comes from RNG.
    Well this is a related but separate discussion. A liberation scroll isn't really what you want for cosmetics since there are seasonal/time-limited items. Part of the market dynamics for time-limited/seasonal cosmetics is that people buy on "speculation" that their value will go up once they leave the store (and they try to sell before EME reintroduces them, which pushes the price back down). So a liberation scroll messes up the market dynamic on both sides (supply and demand). If you had a re-bind scroll (just change the soulbind to one of your alts, not trade), that would impact demand, since people could buy one and just re-bind for their alts. That's moderately better for the in-game dynamics, but as you suggest the price would have to be high enough to only be worth it for rares. I don't necessarily think that it's totally unreasonable that they could do that without messing up their profitability, but it has to be carefully balanced. That's probably why they haven't gone there yet.

Anyway, I do certainly agree with the overall point that they want you to create more characters for the new classes. The fact that achievements are character-bound and take time is also what gets people to play more as they want to explore more classes.
  • If I weren't so lazy, and Based12 so right, I'd make my own post. Instead, I'll just quote Based12.
    Based12 wrote: »
    I think one important one is that, no1 wants a lvl 65 clueless-whateverclass. You need to at least lvl it up to 65 to know the skills, rotations, etc.
    Also everyone would turn old alts with old classes into new ones.
    If you can just change your class, picking one in the first place is meaningless, people would lvl up with the fastest class and then just change when max lvl.

I could keep going, this is not happening.

So yeah. Clueless 65's (they are bad enough already), and sub 65 queues being scewed towards allowing whatever people think is fastest (PvP grind, BAM grind, Dungeon grind).
  • This was discussion before no there wont be any class change as there some achievement that only have titles for that class besids it will be like making a new char point is you be playing your new class change brainless its like the powelevel where you get useless people on knowing they class im talking about after 65 patch had hit with those 64 bam or those 61/62?mobs anyways if you been here back then your know what powerlevel im taking about the class change will be like that.