[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Patch Notes: September 20, 2016 - 'The Guilded Age'

Comments

• I have an answer for you Bebi. As far as I am aware, the stuff in the temp bank won't be deleted and when you unlock the guild bank perk it will start filling that out again. Though to be fair I could be wrong.
  • Anyone else try that 6 day dragon mount code and not get anything in parcel post? Just wondering.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Avignon wrote: »
    Anyone else try that 6 day dragon mount code and not get anything in parcel post? Just wondering.

If you mean "enterthedragon" that code is for 6 days of elite, and it would activate upon logging in again. If you already have elite, it should add to your time.

Hope that helps.
  • Yes please give us an account permanent mount Dragon :)
  • One of the things that made Tera so much better then the other game out there used to be the Guild bank system. You could make a guild with your friends and share things around, no matter what level their alts. Thanks to the Guilded Age patch Tera has LOST that COMPETITIVE advantage. The new guild system sucks! If you have a small guild of mostly new players you're out of luck having a guild bank, since only lvl 65s can actually level the darn thing. Before this change all members could contribute to the guild, since they could put supplies, crafted items or drops in the guild back for other players and new players to use. Now you can't do squat unless your guild has a bunch of active 65s to spend all their time leveling the guild, because all other players are cut off from doing anything leveling the guild. As someone with Organizational Development and Process Improvement experience, I have to say that this game has reduced it's competitive advantage with this update. Thanks for ruining one of your best features!
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Ummmm. My guild has four people in it. And we are already making good progress to level 30 to reopen our bank. If WE can do it, anyone can. And most will, I suspect. It's a minor irritant to have to earn what used to be free.
    X4ERTEA996 wrote: »
    One of the things that made Tera so much better then the other game out there used to be the Guild bank system. You could make a guild with your friends and share things around, no matter what level their alts. Thanks to the Guilded Age patch Tera has LOST that COMPETITIVE advantage. The new guild system sucks! If you have a small guild of mostly new players you're out of luck having a guild bank, since only lvl 65s can actually level the darn thing. Before this change all members could contribute to the guild, since they could put supplies, crafted items or drops in the guild back for other players and new players to use. Now you can't do squat unless your guild has a bunch of active 65s to spend all their time leveling the guild, because all other players are cut off from doing anything leveling the guild. As someone with Organizational Development and Process Improvement experience, I have to say that this game has reduced it's competitive advantage with this update. Thanks for ruining one of your best features!

• Try a guild of 2 people like my server has a lot of... :( Those two people are likely not going to do all the endgame content and aren't likely to do anything really beyond basically getting their dreadnaught gear from EoA and IoD and doing vanguard dailies.

Just my experience in being in such guilds that it is a bad thing when its like that. However being in bigger guilds of even 5 people can do most of if not all of the small and medium quests easily... but to do the large ones is down right daunting, even in bigger guilds of 95+ accounts.

I'm not saying its impossible, but its like the guild catharch quests were, no real enthusiasm to do the things to get the buffs and advantages back of having a guild. I mean right now everyone is trying there butts off to get somewhere, but when they see that it'll take longer than expected many will likely give up or settle for 'x' level instead of going further.
  • Celestial arena runs for elite is now 2 and theres nothing mentioned about that on patch notes
  • Ahh... Servers are still down...back from a 4 month break and when I want to play again, servers are down..
  • Just scrap this whole patch except for the dragons lol. Especially the temporary bank thing. Who came up with the idea to take the guild banks away? I'd get it if you could work for more tabs, but not getting them back. Worst thing in this patch imo.
  • Alemaeynna wrote: »
    Just scrap this whole patch except for the dragons lol. Especially the temporary bank thing. Who came up with the idea to take the guild banks away? I'd get it if you could work for more tabs, but not getting them back. Worst thing in this patch imo.

Oh i fully agree with that! Work for more not to get back what we had.
  • edited September 2016
    Alemaeynna wrote: »
    Especially the temporary bank thing. Who came up with the idea to take the guild banks away? I'd get it if you could work for more tabs, but not getting them back. Worst thing in this patch imo.

This is obviously just to get rid of the guilds that just have 1 person in them and have people just using it for the free bank. They already have it mostly calculated that it will take even the big guilds nearly a month to get to lv 30.

Calculations = 5 quests per guild per day limit with a limit of 290 points per level: is 1 level per day for the small guilds and 1.5 levels for the big guilds. (and the big guilds have to have at least 10 people active EVERY day or they can only do as much as the small guilds)

What I don't like is the limiting of guilds from 300 people down to 100 people... This forces guilds to kick people that only play casually and keep only the most active people. This is also not counting open spaces..... A guild has to have around 30 open char slots to recruit people just to replace people that have become inactive... 70 slots available... recruit 30 per month...

Result is a mass influx of the guildless from all the guilds. They probably either leave tera... or jump from guild to guild..

Why guilds have to recruit 30 per month:

(Alot of players see that even if they build up a character they risk having the armor level reduced someday and realize that they can just play another online game an get more content. This leaves alot of people leaving games after a while... even hard core players...Which is fine.... As long as you have the same amount of people coming into the game as going out...)

About guilds: There is such a thing as elitists guilds, guilds that gobble up people and are you best friends as long as you have high equiptment and kick people in a second that do not build up armor fast enough, they only have time for grinding dailys and building up materials for armor or selling to buy other materials... In general that atmosphere in these guilds is toxic and causes most new players to look elsewhere.

There is was such a thing as leveling guilds... where guilds would accept upcoming players, with low levels and build up people who liked to play the game for the content. They would accept anyone that played and would help anyone, any level...

Then there is the guilds that try to keep a balance between helping guild members to level up and grow.... and between doing grinding and leveling up chars...

This new patch Kills the middle guild because lv 65 only can do the quests.... this means that any guild with the majority of low level players can't grow or do guild quests.

This patch also turns the balanced guilds more like elite guilds.... The balanced guilds can no longer afford to keep the casual players and hey have to kick 230 people immediately just to be able to recruit new people like normal every month. It also forces them to focus solely on grinding... and not helping anyone become stronger...

In short this patch is a guild killer...It will even force some of the guilds to die immediately and be gobbled up by other guilds...And the players that are low level will have no guilds to go to whatsoever.

• Dear Tera,

I love the new guild system. It's awesome, and my guild and I are having a lot of fun. However, it would be really nice to have some more variety in the dgs we have to run for the quests. There are currently a lot more dgs than the ones available for guild quests. It would be really wonderful if you could include more dgs, so we don't all die from boredom. Thanks!!!! <3
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Game is in such a bad state we would likely be better off if eme reverted back a few months worth of patches.

It's never a good sign for a games longevity when updates repeatedly hurt the game more than fixing anything.
  • hey game makers i have a suguestion i know you read fourms ibest to keep end game up gtting a big player base and keeping is end ame story and raids like in Wow and everquest and rift where you have a group of 10 to 20 playrs take 4 boss or six but must good ger to get i or you qunu threw looking for raid much like dungon finder please read pass this along tera great game i know you can do better ith content just go hell turn into a pay win game this game has great storylines i want to see it seceed