There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Dragons

Hi Everyone,

The Ghost and Diamond dragons are now on sale. The in-game drops for dragon mounts, however, are on hold for a short time. Historically we have always fought to maintain a proper balance between earned and paid ways to achieve power, and we want to honor that commitment. These dragons, and the fact that they have combat components, are such a unique item for TERA. They represent a special edition item that we want to make sure is implemented in a balanced way. As an extension of that, we want the introduction of dragon mounts to be a cool experience for as many players as possible. We thought we had things in a good place ready for release, but ultimately it’s been decided that we need a little more time to coordinate the moving pieces. We are actively working on refining our solution.

Some of you have pointed out our flaws and our misses, and are correct in doing so. We appreciate that passion and want to encourage continuing to fight for what’s best for our community. We also appreciate the amount of patience shown by TERA players today.

As a token of our appreciation, I’d like to offer 6 days of free Elite Status to anyone who redeems this code: enterthedragon.
This code will expire this time next week!

Thanks,
Treeshark

Comments

• Thank you for the update, Treeshark. I'm sorry for all the issues you all have been having now since this update came out. It's hard hearing all these complaints from so many. Patients is a good thing that all of us need to have. :3 I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • My Iron dragonnnnsssssss. :c
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    ETA in the iron and crimson dragon release and why you are not releasing now?
  • So...the ghost and diamond ones weren't going to be available for purchase as regular varieties or..?
  • I have a feeling there was a disparity between the store version and the free versions as far as the buff goes. I'm also guessing it was caught beforehand and therefore the release was delayed. If that's the case I'm really glad yall stepped up and took care of this.
  • Does the code stack on the time of those already on elite status?
  • I would have preferred that you delayed the p2w dragon until the free version was available.
  • they gotta make money somehow
  • Thank you Treeshark c:
  • Whats the ETA for Dragons then?
  • hey calm down, but i do wanna know why servers went down again D:
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    Does the code stack on the time of those already on elite status?

It did extend mine by 5 days :expressionless:
  • hehe xd p2w easy game

>"we want to honor that commitment"
    >releases the buyable only version before the earnable version
    THATS NOT HOW THIS WORKS EMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

As of right now, it was a choice between:
    • A couple dragons are available through the TERA store.
    • No dragons.

The loot box versions aren't what's causing the delay, so rather than hold all dragon mounts from being in-game, we decided to at least release what we could, given the circumstances. A lot of players were planning on getting themselves a ghost or diamond dragon in the first place, and it didn't seem fair to make them wait while the other versions are figured out.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the free days Treeshark ^^

I just wish we had known ahead of time of the dragon delays :c Maybe last week or so
  • Thank you for updating us, and I look forward to seeing what you do with the mounts we can get in-game. Any idea when we can expect to see the dragons we can acquire in-game? This is really disappointing for those of us who can't afford to purchase EMP.