[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Patch Notes: May 17, 2016 - Secrets & Shadows

Comments

• When I open the launcher and try to login it closes before I can even type my email. I was playing all day and just had to log out to switch rooms. What happened?
    I onlyh got my ninja to lvl 43 and I need to finish before work in 5 hours! QQ
  • ToniiTonii ✭✭
    LF costumes for ninja in fashion coupon store. Saved up 500 >.>
  • This needs to be said and it needs to be said NOW. It took me so long to even TRY this game because you Gender Lock classes and even have Races of only one gender. Do you know how much sense it DOESN'T make to not have all classes AND races playable with both male and female? Why would you make the Ninja class a Race that is locked to one gender AND one race!? This is VERY idiotic! How can a human (don't even like humans) not be a Ninja? Seriously!? How can a male not be a Gunner!? Can men not shoot guns? REALLY!? Make all classes playable by both male and females and give every race a male and female character choice. You take freedom away from the players by limiting something that should OBVIOUSLY not be an issue in the first place. I shouldn't have to be a female to be a cool class or a weird little animal girl to be a Ninja! Why would you even think it was a good idea to lock a class to only one gender!? You're losing money...and will lose a LOT more if you don't wise up!
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    XHGEKWHP4A wrote: »
    This needs to be said and it needs to be said NOW. It took me so long to even TRY this game because you Gender Lock classes and even have Races of only one gender. Do you know how much sense it DOESN'T make to not have all classes AND races playable with both male and female? Why would you make the Ninja class a Race that is locked to one gender AND one race!? This is VERY idiotic! How can a human (don't even like humans) not be a Ninja? Seriously!? How can a male not be a Gunner!? Can men not shoot guns? REALLY!? Make all classes playable by both male and females and give every race a male and female character choice. You take freedom away from the players by limiting something that should OBVIOUSLY not be an issue in the first place. I shouldn't have to be a female to be a cool class or a weird little animal girl to be a Ninja! Why would you even think it was a good idea to lock a class to only one gender!? You're losing money...and will lose a LOT more if you don't wise up!

Only race that technically doesn't have 2 genders is baraka, and elin = female popori. If you want to argue that, go look at any of the game files for elin. Back to baraka, im pretty sure they are A-sexual or don't reproduce anyways since they lack genitals, and as for gender locked classes, do you know how much time and money goes into making animations? let alone for one race/class mix but for every gender and race?
  • LittenLitten
    edited May 2016
    This needs to be said and it needs to be said NOW. It took me so long to even TRY this game because you Gender Lock classes and even have Races of only one gender. Do you know how much sense it DOESN'T make to not have all classes AND races playable with both male and female? Why would you make the Ninja class a Race that is locked to one gender AND one race!? This is VERY idiotic! How can a human (don't even like humans) not be a Ninja? Seriously!? How can a male not be a Gunner!? Can men not shoot guns? REALLY!? Make all classes playable by both male and females and give every race a male and female character choice. You take freedom away from the players by limiting something that should OBVIOUSLY not be an issue in the first place. I shouldn't have to be a female to be a cool class or a weird little animal girl to be a Ninja! Why would you even think it was a good idea to lock a class to only one gender!? You're losing money...and will lose a LOT more if you don't wise up!

Not the first time anyone has said this but did it do anything? Not really. Know why? You're complaining to the wrong team.

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/4653/#Comment_4653
  • edited May 2016
    Nyanta1177 wrote: »

Only race that technically doesn't have 2 genders is baraka, and elin = female popori. If you want to argue that, go look at any of the game files for elin. Back to baraka, im pretty sure they are A-sexual or don't reproduce anyways since they lack genitals, and as for gender locked classes, do you know how much time and money goes into making animations? let alone for one race/class mix but for every gender and race?

Do you know how much time BHS has on their hands to make it for both genders, just as much as making it for one race/gender considering..... its the same idle animations, the same emote animations, the same ugly thighs, and the same eye candy for 30-40 year old males. Nothing changed, they added 1-2 faces, and 1-3 hairstyle, added new outfits. Half of the weapons/armors are even the same, they are just different colors, it's honestly a joke. And even if that was the case for making it one race/gender only, why not female aman? Humans - Brawler. High Elf/Castanic - Gunner. Elin - Reaper. Elins already had their own class, why should they get another when the female amans are left out of the mix. Why? Because it's not sexy to people, it isn't cutesy or weeb. And the whole "depends on how much a race is played" thats all fine and dandy but the problem with that is that the graphs are rigged, it doesn't give an honest amount if people wanted to play Reapers, they have to play an Elin, which boosts Elin popularity by force. Same with Brawler and Gunner. There is just 0 excuse for such development and I hope you people realize this real soon before this game actually does die. The other problem is how many people saying they play Elins because of the lore. That is a lie, if you played Elins for the lore, you'd also play dress up with them as well if they looked wrinkly and old and saggy and grey depicting their 100s of years old age, lore wise its because Elinu gave them life depicting them in her younger state and they stay that way. Would you still want to play an Elin if it was depicted as an old woman with wrinkles and sagginess? Probably not so thats exactly why its always considered sickening seeing people act weeb and kawaii on Elins, its down right creepy because they do it to watch their "little girl" dress up and act sexy when they are depicted as like 8-10 year olds.
  • DuckishDuckish
    edited May 2016
    Great since those ninjas came out my launcher just keeps "calculating remaining time" cant even play anymore , was looking so forward! ; < ;
  • Tnx for update, i think i'll leave the game again :)
  • JGElinJGElin ✭✭
    Don't forget to sell us your gear!
  • yo eme can u just stop already like serious giving these cry baby kids everything they want,are killing the game giving into every little nic nak good god extending it 10 hr's is crazy lag wasn't that bad.You guys seriously need to step up stop making the game so dang easy starting to get lame.Stuff is not supposed to be a cake walk to get u little cry baby children. turn back time to The good old days when the first player to reach the max level got the title
  • How hard would it be to post some sort of explanation or at least estimated down time on the server status page when unscheduled downtime is happening?
  • JGElinJGElin ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    The downtime will last for about an hour. They told us in game.
  • servers are down rn but not reading anything anywhere? Having them down to fix stuff is fine I'm just curious as to why exactly they're down, did it get too crowded with all the ninjas?
  • JGElinJGElin ✭✭
    There was a bug with the instance matching that they're fixing.
  • Nekkori wrote: »
    servers are down rn but not reading anything anywhere? Having them down to fix stuff is fine I'm just curious as to why exactly they're down, did it get too crowded with all the ninjas?

To take care of the latency issues players were experiencing.