The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Alternative Account Limit

If you and your siblings hit the maximum account limit per day (since it's same I.P.) and are locked out, are we "banned" for 24 hours or less?
You have accessed an excessive number of accounts within a 24-hour period. This will resolve after 24 hours if you do not attempt to log into more than six accounts in that time.

I mean, we did try logging in a few times. Should we submit a ticket?

Also.... What is the limit? 6? 9?

Comments

• AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    Well, I think it says it right there. If you- for some reason, log in on 6(+1) different account a day you'll have to wait for the count to reset in 24 hours. Now if you have more than 6 siblings, I recommend sacrificing either yourself or them to Skywhale to ease your suffering.
  • DeimanDeiman ✭✭
    last time they changed the limit it was 10 not sure about now but i don't thing that they have changed it again
  • 2Hearts2Hearts ✭✭
    Yea, it won't let us get on even into the accounts we had logged into earlier. It just restricted everything. :( Oh well
  • If i'm not mistaken, it's 4 account per IP currently. I can't remember where I read it.
  • AkthanakosAkthanakos ✭✭✭
    you can log in up to 5 accounts atm, if you try to log in the 6th then it will get locked for 24h.
  • DeimanDeiman ✭✭
    Akthanakos wrote: »
    you can log in up to 5 accounts atm, if you try to log in the 6th then it will get locked for 24h.

they have made it 5 now ? when was that ? lest announcement i saw was for 10.
  • AkthanakosAkthanakos ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I dont know when they announced it or if they even announced it, all i can say is that i've tested it and you can only log 5 different accounts on the same day.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    One EME employee/CM annonced it in the old forums. It's not a limit set by EME but a technical limit set by the login server itself. The old technical limit was 10 accounts within 24h.

Keep in mind that this technical limit helps the honest player to receive the free goodies like the twitch codes.
    I've seen people in the past years that did massive logins just to grab the free stufff and sell it.

Most europeans have a dynamic IP which is given anew upon reconnection. Perhaps this helps you a bit.
    The only other method would be sacrificing your siblings for the greater go(o)d; namely Skywhale.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    One EME employee/CM annonced it in the old forums. It's not a limit set by EME but a technical limit set by the login server itself. The old technical limit was 10 accounts within 24h.

Keep in mind that this technical limit helps the honest player to receive the free goodies like the twitch codes.
    I've seen people in the past years that did massive logins just to grab the free stufff and sell it.

Most europeans have a dynamic IP which is given anew upon reconnection. Perhaps this helps you a bit.
    The only other method would be sacrificing your siblings for the greater go(o)d; namely Skywhale.

The limit is not a technical thing, if I recall, the limit was originally brought up during one of the events that could easily be abused if you made many accounts, which is when I first encountered the issue. The limit is specifically there to stop people like me who would otherwise have a million accounts for events. Rewards, whether for in-game events, or the stream, are mostly balanced around a single account and not people who use several. of course, like with most things there are drawbacks.