Civil Unrest Event not working

Comments

• Why repeat same issue without having fixed it? the original time it happened you pointed the blame at BlueHole (can't be their fault as EU would of then had the same issue and they didn't points the blame back at Enmass) it's said you had the event run fine on test servers (can't of since even someone with half a brain would know you would of had to have a difference between the test and live servers for there to then be a mess up pointing the blame of both times then at Enmass...

These things along with the fact that there is never a server message posted during this time saying something like "Due to unforeseen circumstances Civil Unrest won't take place/will be postponed" but neither these things where done this is what players complain about but these issues are hardly addressed and what is addressed is like that of something i would expect a 18year old making their 1st game, it's not what you'd expect from any sort of full on company like Enmass, and this is what people are annoyed by, the waste of time, lack of compensation and the lack of communication

Even before this Civil Unrest my own guild where joking about how the servers probably will go down or the event won't happen and as bad as it sounds they where right to think that way.... when your community starts having to think like that you know something is wrong and this isn't how you go about trying to fix things, your making an attempt Enmass but not NEARLY enough of one..... cause of this many of my friends are looking at quitting a game we've put months or years in and some who have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars not only does the current player base then drops but the game gets a bad reputation therefore lowering what few new players Tera gets....
  • civil unrest area is so glitched up, I can see why they are having problems. there are towers in the ground barely poking up through the floor, its the only area where my graphics changed settings, if you walk around the boats area and then jump into the water, you swim at walking speed. so I don't know if these things are results of it not working or if its something that will be fixed when it finally comes. just thought I would mention it on here while spacecats is stil here.
  • I love playing tera online
  • LessiemLessiem ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Hopefully Bluehole will be able to help us uncover more information so it starts working properly.

Im sorry, im trying to be very respectful here, but......... thats what you said the last time. What changed now?. Im sorry (in a respectful way) I dont belive you anymore. Do the event, make a hash of it again or suceed, I.dont.care.anymore. And I urge you all posters of this thread do the same thing; this is the turning point, enough is enough.
  • @Spacecats @Treeshark You can say all you want about we QA'd this or whatever, but you still didn't even take the simplest precaution of having someone with access to in-game serverwide announcements, the twitter, or even the forums calling off the event five or ten minutes in. Last week we had over an hour for setup and two hours sitting there waiting for you to get your act together. This week we gave up earlier, but still lost two hours of our time for no compensation. There cannot be an important scheduled event without someone ready to go "Something is wrong, the event is cancelled, we'll have news for you later." at the office monitoring. You have wasted more than a thousand man-hours and have promised an event for next weekend that requires us to put more time into the game without compensating us for the time we already wasted due to, frankly, extremely poor event management.

At this point EME has delivered empty promises twice now. I hope it doesn't happen again.
  • Welp thanks for atleast answering quicker than last time, also all those complaining about it being in the middle of the week should understand that tuesday is when we get maintenance so if they test it on tuesday and it doesnt work they can do emergency maintenance on thursday to make sure it works on the following saturday.
  • If you have a game that you are running and there is content on saturday you should be there. I absolutely want you to have a healthy life devoid of hating your job but It's proving to just screw your playerbase over and the whole reason you're in that office during the week is for the game... how does it make sense to not be there during a major piece of content that needs to run smoothly. Can't you guys alternate days off when there is weekend content? It seems a little ridiculous considering your job is to run a game and people don't stop playing on the weekends. You keep stressing "oh we're not there to troubleshoot," ... so figure out a way for people to be there. When you say that it makes it feel and sound unimportant. You're game (devs?idk) not teachers for public school (who have only saturday and sunday off). Are your bosses really that strict when it comes to allowing change? Are you really that rigid and stubborn to not understand at this point that you need to be there? I'm sorry if this comes off entitled but the simple solution to me seems to be ~ hire some people who actually want to work on the weekends or allow your current employees to ~.
  • Ok I understand what you are say but there is another issue your not addressing. What about the Australian and EU players of Tera NA. The time was perfect for them. I play with the guild Secret which is mostly Australian and they had full full 30 man. I hate to see them have to loose out if you run this earlier in the day. I know my guilds are limited during the day also since we have lives outside Tera.
  • I am trying to love playing Tera Online
  • Wow, all those people complaining about the test run time... What part of "its just for troubleshooting and will return to usual time later" you didn't got?

And also, you EME should really have someone working on weekends (and give him any other two days free on the week). Or really can't afford that? Lootbox sales have been that low?

People kinda need a weekend version of Spacecats.
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    null
    You do understand that this is NATera? So the times should be perfect for NA not Eu. EU has their own server, so if you want perfect EU time go back to it. I don't blame you for not likeing GF but why try to change something that's ment for NA players because you're EU.... : c
  • XeirylXeiryl ✭✭✭
    i love playing teraonline.exe
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    ratedX wrote: »
    So much for a "Hot fix" huh? Did they even test it to see if it worked?

The Thursday hotfix was to prevent another Saturday night server crash. It wasn't related to Civil Unrest: Velika (though at first we suspected CU:V didn't launch because of the crash). As Treeshark said in the OP, we did re-QA the whole event over the course of the week in anticipation for tonight. Civil Unrest: Velika worked fine on test servers, all signs pointed to "yes."

Once our QA and Production team figures out what's going on, we'll likely switch back to Saturday night like it was supposed to be. That might mean running it at an odd time when everybody is in the office at EME (like for instance, a Tuesday at 5). For now, it looks like there's more work ahead to narrow down the issue.

Taking this into consideration, why doesn't EME use live test servers. You could invite a limited number of guilds/players into it for a live online test rather than a test server on a local network. This would simulate how the game will act in real word much better than in house test servers do. We use to do this at clients site when installing new servers, workstations. We new the new setup and system worked in real world before implementation. Just a thought from a network engineer.
  • WolfMaster wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    ratedX wrote: »
    So much for a "Hot fix" huh? Did they even test it to see if it worked?

The Thursday hotfix was to prevent another Saturday night server crash. It wasn't related to Civil Unrest: Velika (though at first we suspected CU:V didn't launch because of the crash). As Treeshark said in the OP, we did re-QA the whole event over the course of the week in anticipation for tonight. Civil Unrest: Velika worked fine on test servers, all signs pointed to "yes."

Once our QA and Production team figures out what's going on, we'll likely switch back to Saturday night like it was supposed to be. That might mean running it at an odd time when everybody is in the office at EME (like for instance, a Tuesday at 5). For now, it looks like there's more work ahead to narrow down the issue.

Taking this into consideration, why doesn't EME use live test servers. You could invite a limited number of guilds/players into it for a live online test rather than a test server on a local network. This would simulate how the game will act in real word much better than in house test servers do. We use to do this at clients site when installing new servers, workstations. We new the new setup and system worked in real world before implementation. Just a thought from a network engineer.

It's a good idea, but it may not have exposed the problem though. From their message, they did test the event on their test servers, but it still didn't work on the live servers. It could be some sort of bug related to the specific day/time, or some other issue unique to the live configuration.

Like I said, it is still a good idea, but in this case it sounds like it may not have helped. (And, sadly, even the proposed test on Tuesday may not actually expose the real bug, depending on what it is.)