[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Civil Unrest Event not working

Comments

• Vesporax wrote: »
    The only test they probably did was use gm powers to force the event on. The event itself works, but they never really tested the timer.

I know it's tempting to speculate on how QA probably or maybe did something, why the event worked in test but didn't on live, what could have been done differently, etc... but there's a bit more to the testing process than that. Singlebear would be freaking thrilled if all it took was testing whether some timer worked or not. ;D
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    Just because they got it, doesn't mean it would work flawlessly for us... Even other games see different issues for different regions from time to time... Any slight difference between NA and Eu could easily cause any problems.

The first time maybe but they had a week in which they were communicating with BHS and they know or are aware of the small differences that each Tera region has don't they? So why is it that they didn't sent the correct hot fix or solution? Why is it that they didn't had anyone at office when this happened? All I see is EME saying is someone else we aren't at fault here. Take the constant lag we now have and the disconnections some have for example, we have threads in the forums with people stating that is in fact EMEs ISP the one at fault and despite that they keep saying it's us not them.
    Now why did I post that video or why did I put GF as an example well people keep saying (and they aren't entirely wrong) that GF is a company that only cares for the money not the costumers and that any game they touch becomes P2W yet they have what we were not just promised but also teased for a month, all the while EME keeps going with it's not us it's them.
  • So..it's monday.
    Are we confirmed for tomorrow?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Just because they got it, doesn't mean it would work flawlessly for us... Even other games see different issues for different regions from time to time... Any slight difference between NA and Eu could easily cause any problems.

The first time maybe but they had a week in which they were communicating with BHS and they know or are aware of the small differences that each Tera region has don't they? So why is it that they didn't sent the correct hot fix or solution? Why is it that they didn't had anyone at office when this happened? All I see is EME saying is someone else we aren't at fault here. Take the constant lag we now have and the disconnections some have for example, we have threads in the forums with people stating that is in fact EMEs ISP the one at fault and despite that they keep saying it's us not them.
    Now why did I post that video or why did I put GF as an example well people keep saying (and they aren't entirely wrong) that GF is a company that only cares for the money not the costumers and that any game they touch becomes P2W yet they have what we were not just promised but also teased for a month, all the while EME keeps going with it's not us it's them.

It was assumed the server problems prevented Civil Unrest from happening. However, they were wrong and it is why they are trying to figure it out since Civil Unrest still failed when no crash happened.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Treeshark mentioned that the test run for Tuesday might change time/days. Is it still set for Tuesday at 5pm? @Spacecats @Treeshark
  • Does the test even matter? PvP has been "IMO" a mess for awhile. Well I do hope it goes well for all involved.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Does the test even matter? PvP has been "IMO" a mess for awhile. Well I do hope it goes well for all involved.
    The test is to see what's causing unrest not to launch. x:
  • @Spacecats is there a plan to get new PvP leader/ranking boards in the game? Idk if you guys know but no one can see whose on top of each BG/Arena anymore since crusades are gone.
  • Can I ask if this Tuesday 5pm is going to be the new schedule or if this is just temp until it's working properly?
  • cvms3 wrote: »
    Can I ask if this Tuesday 5pm is going to be the new schedule or if this is just temp until it's working properly?

it's just a temp run once
  • is it fixed though? treeshark he needed to put that idea through BHS and Eme staff. So its definitely not fixed!
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @Treeshark @spacecats Will the gold amounted from the past 2 failed weeks & laurel be rewarded for the guild who comes in first if the tuesday test actually works?

Would appreciate clarification from you guys! haha hehe
  • The Gold is only distributed if only one tower is left in civil unrest not if you come in first place for that week. You have to eliminate all other towers to win the jackpot.
  • i love playing tera online but i dont love PAYING tera online. Not until everything works fine, fairness is implemented and the PAY TO WIN aspect is remove. I might stop recommending this game to my friends if the disasters continues or worst stop playing it.
  • maint is over and yet still no confimation on the details of today's Civil Unrest! :expressionless: