[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rally quest abuse

2

Comments

  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Yea its annoying but theres nothing we can do about it. EME wont even check their own logs to see that the same person at the same time every day has been accepting the rally quest. It is clearly botting, EME wont check the logs though they have to rely on us for "evidence". They have logs they can check but seem to not want to check them. Doesnt help that the people accepting the rally quests have paid alot towards the game so nothing will get done to them anyways because EME sees them as a cash flow.

    The logs will show that Rally quests are immediately accepted by a player. Nothing about that behavior inherently points towards the use of a bot. We can't just auto-ban anyone who accepts Rally quests "too quickly." What if that player ends up being you? What if you get really lucky and catch the Rally quest three times in a row? Will people start calling you a hacker?

    One of the major upsets here is that EVERYONE wants to immediately accept the quest, but only one person can. Everyone is checking simultaneously and constantly, looking for the quest to pop up. If one person doesn't accept it immediately, someone else will. It's because you're checking so often, anticipating the quest, that you're able to tell these players are getting them to quickly in the first place. The only coincidence is that the same player has gotten it multiple times, and for better or worse that's how it was designed to behave by the Bluehole dev team.

    Saying that, there's a lot of player feedback to change the system, and we're not ignoring it. We know a lot of players don't like the way it works right now. I'd just like to avoid finger pointing wherever possible.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Yea its annoying but theres nothing we can do about it. EME wont even check their own logs to see that the same person at the same time every day has been accepting the rally quest. It is clearly botting, EME wont check the logs though they have to rely on us for "evidence". They have logs they can check but seem to not want to check them. Doesnt help that the people accepting the rally quests have paid alot towards the game so nothing will get done to them anyways because EME sees them as a cash flow.

    The logs will show that Rally quests are immediately accepted by a player. Nothing about that behavior inherently points towards the use of a bot. We can't just auto-ban anyone who accepts Rally quests "too quickly." What if that player ends up being you? What if you get really lucky and catch the Rally quest three times in a row? Will people start calling you a hacker?

    One of the major upsets here is that EVERYONE wants to immediately accept the quest, but only one person can. Everyone is checking simultaneously and constantly, looking for the quest to pop up. If one person doesn't accept it immediately, someone else will. It's because you're checking so often, anticipating the quest, that you're able to tell these players are getting them to quickly in the first place. The only coincidence is that the same player has gotten it multiple times, and for better or worse that's how it was designed to behave by the Bluehole dev team.

    Saying that, there's a lot of player feedback to change the system, and we're not ignoring it. We know a lot of players don't like the way it works right now. I'd just like to avoid finger pointing wherever possible.


    You guys [filtered] up when you made the spawn time at 5am everyday. make it back to random then this wouldnt happen. use the human brain its fantasy.
  • LessiemLessiem ✭✭✭
    Use this: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime and compare with your logs. If the result is below 100ms, I guarantee that is a script.
    But, let me guess: there is no timestamp in your logs..........
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    A limit, monthly, weekly, or anything just means they'll use alternate guilds, some already do that anyways. If anything the guild quest itself should be applied to every guild that chooses to participate, just have the Rally quest be an event that takes place at a certain time of the day for guilds to simply compete for the loot that drops, rather than competing for the quest and then the loot... This also means guilds wouldn't be able to hold the summon hostage since it would on its own.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    or as i suggested, when the quest spawns let there be a bid amongst guilds. its another means of using guild funds, which ever guild bids the highest gets the quest and then we proceed as usual, that way its not who clicks or scripts first wins. and @Spacecats how can you say nothing about a single player consecutively accepting a quest 10+ times within a fraction of second of reset and only when the rally has a set time is not suspicious and warranting? i am on av and i can tell you the only time this specific individual of this specific guild has not been able to script the quest were the first day of the update, no one knew the spawn times then, the first day it initially went to 5am pst, again no one knew when it would be, and the last time he missed it was tuesday after mainty as mainty counted as a reset and the quest spawned, servers were up an hour before scheduled and thats how he missed the quest. with all this and the fact that i do believe you all can check to see how soon after the reset the quest is being accepted by the said member of said guild along as there is documented proof of human reaction times, atm average is around 250-270ms, there is no human possible that can accept a quest under 150 let alone 100ms, all you need to do is check that and you will be able to tell if a person is scripting and then deal with them and their guild in the relevant manner as the guild also benefits from this form of cheating. guild levels award guild points which are used to purchase guild perks.
  • Tbh Civil Unrest > Rally quest in terms of priority :)
  • I think Rally Quests should only be acceptable by each guild once a week. But more importantly, wtf is this time that the Rally Quest goes out?? It's like EME and BHS just said [filtered] THE WEST COST! B1tches better get up at 5 AM if they even want a chance. How about, if you aren't going to actually make it random like you claimed, moving the time to a more convenient time for everyone!!!!!
  • I guess until we have a fix, everyone should use macro themselves to counter the abusers . It comes down to which bot is faster.

    Macro Recorder does the job perfectly. Change tabs in guild UI will refresh the quest. Just marco 3 mouse clicks and it's done.
  • The Rally being available on reset makes it hard too, being in Aus, its quite a few seconds before it comes up D: And we don't get a chance.
    I love the idea of the rally, but needs to be made more random or perhaps allowing guilds to take it once a week.
    But if the weekly restriction is applied, I fear larger guild will just use alt guilds to accept them. :)
  • i guess only officer pay a visit in av only they know how "fast" inde click
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Yea its annoying but theres nothing we can do about it. EME wont even check their own logs to see that the same person at the same time every day has been accepting the rally quest. It is clearly botting, EME wont check the logs though they have to rely on us for "evidence". They have logs they can check but seem to not want to check them. Doesnt help that the people accepting the rally quests have paid alot towards the game so nothing will get done to them anyways because EME sees them as a cash flow.

    The logs will show that Rally quests are immediately accepted by a player. Nothing about that behavior inherently points towards the use of a bot. We can't just auto-ban anyone who accepts Rally quests "too quickly." What if that player ends up being you? What if you get really lucky and catch the Rally quest three times in a row? Will people start calling you a hacker?

    One of the major upsets here is that EVERYONE wants to immediately accept the quest, but only one person can. Everyone is checking simultaneously and constantly, looking for the quest to pop up. If one person doesn't accept it immediately, someone else will. It's because you're checking so often, anticipating the quest, that you're able to tell these players are getting them to quickly in the first place. The only coincidence is that the same player has gotten it multiple times, and for better or worse that's how it was designed to behave by the Bluehole dev team.

    Saying that, there's a lot of player feedback to change the system, and we're not ignoring it. We know a lot of players don't like the way it works right now. I'd just like to avoid finger pointing wherever possible.

    How about disabling the quest until you find a way to stop it? If the logs can't tell you that the people starting the quest have superhuman reactions, just put an end to it.
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    thekor wrote: »
    Good god, you people are still crying about the loot boxes being, "p2w." Geesh.. it seems that's the only freaking thing anyone mentions In this game anymore is, "QQ my dragons with passive." Get over it.


    Back to the problem, North America is stuck. BHS is the only one with the power, authority, and authorization to allow Enmass. to do anything about this problem.

    Feel free, to Whine, as much as you want. It will not speed up or slow down the process. Of how soon or quickly this problem. is resolved, no matter how frusterating that maybe. If you really wanna try to encourage them to fix this issue?

    Stop playing Tera and stop buying from them. Complaining means nothing if you still pay for their product.

    To those defending Enmass just stop. You make those in this community turn on you like rabid dogs and then ask "why are you all so Mean and toxic it's your faults QQ." I'll tell you why, most of us are sick of this. While you go,


    "You're all entitled and selfish how could you. It's a free game they pour their heart in soul into this!"



    The rest of us know No, they really do not. Perhaps, one point in time but as of now? Give me proof of where that is evident while playing tera. I mean this game is free not because, "We want people to experience a great gaming experience for no price."

    This game's a free game because it wasn't able to compete as a subscription based one against wow or the others.Henceforth, why they have the cash shop and elite. To give incentive for people, to spend money. For although while people say just buy it off the broker. the people who sell emp have to go get those steel wolf and rng mounts first through no other way but the cash shop paying 20$ to use or to sell them.

    You know what, I'm most interested in about BHS and Enmass as companies? I'm interested in knowing how much money. They actually make using the cash shop and elite as a method. Is it comparable to WoW, BDO, or Guild War's two in terms of sales and profit? Probably not.

    But, they must be making something. from this game. It's been around for four years. so whatever they make must be worth keeping Tera alive for.

    I also have a question of, how much of the profit. From this game, actually goes into developing it? from what we see with all these bugs. Probably very little.

    Then again perhaps, the programmers. They hire are just incompetent or don't know how to work with the unreal engine. Which, is a big factor into why tera has so many bugs. Thing is, The only People who truly know. What is actually going on in this game. are the people within the company or thos eother companies who invested in it.

    The rest of us, are clueless. BHS and Enmass are privately owned companies. Meaning their profits, losses, stock and everything else is not able to be seen. By the public.


    Only those, who invested in making BHS a company. Those, who have shared its stock know what BHS makes and looses or how it is doing.

    As for everyone else going "Tera is doomed."
    "Tera is dying."
    All just guesses and points of view. from what the players see from the game and on their server.

    Read this in William Shatner's voice. Made it more bearable.
  • GlitchyTrashGlitchyTrash ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @Tatsuyaaa But.... But... There isn't any Civil Unrest p.p
  • dersonderson
    edited October 2016
    Btw, guess which guild has got the quest in AV today... again...
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    derson wrote: »
    Btw, guess which guild has got the quest in AV today... again...

    and again,and again... :D i'm taking screenshots, report inc.
Sign In or Register to comment.