[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

People leaving instance without rolling

2»

Comments

• I was completely unaware that leaving early like that caused issues until a few days ago. Nobody had ever said anything to me about it. I figure that may be the case for at least some of the others out there who are guilty of doing it too.
  • Tht true? Mostly do guild runs but I normally leave ppl take too long to roll so.........

Wouldn't mind the random at this point I mean we all do dungeons like 50+ times
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    ask someone to stick around then

there is zero reason to change anything about the current system when you aren't taking the steps to help prevent it in the first place

ps. ssnm can be done in dreadnaught, just like sshm can be done in slaughter. ilvl doesn't matter

It won't let you into the instance if your ilvl doesn't meet the requirements. Just saying. . .

Item level is just for using IMS, as pointed out and for VG rewards. If you go in with no gear you'll be allowed, you just wont get the VG reward when the boss dies, although you'll get all the other loot if you're in range to.

Hm.
    I tried to enter SSNM when my ilvl didn't meet requirements with a premade party and it wouldn't let me in.
    Just speaking from personal experience just a couple of weeks ago.

That seems weird, I leech my alt accounts in ABHM, DFNM, DFHM, SSNM, etc and they all enter, just no VG rewards since they're in Idoneal. All that mattered was having entries left, and being level 65.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess dungeons reset as soon as the party disbands in order to reduce the load on the servers. After all, you can hang around in BG for up to 2min after the game is over...there has to be a reason dungeons don't allow the same.
  • UdonPasta wrote: »
    the best solution would be to change the auto kick if you are alone in an instance~ would be great for solo exploring a dungeon too after clearing

I agree, this would solve all the problems. Just give the last person an exit option in the drop down so that they can be ported back to where they joined.

Even if you gave the last person 5 minutes before auto-kicking it would be way better than what we have now.

Implementing this should not be too bad either, just add a ghost member (invisible to the party) so that the last person is really still in a valid party and it does not auto-disband. The only trick is to make it so that the ghost member is skipped for all rolls and dialog questions. Once the last person leaves the party (of one plus the ghost) the party would auto-disband, just like now, and the ghost member could be disposed of.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Great suggestions, only the 'not kick if last person' seems to be the only plausible internal solution here- you guys have to remember that BHS is lazy and if anything becomes cumbersome to change, they won't do it, even if EME tries to push such change- plus, EME's priorities are on getting CU:V working properly so if any changes for looting do happen, it won't be any time soon.

That being said, the only reason this problem is so blatantly apparent is because of the double drop and people are trying to loot as much gear as possible before dropping out of party/raid. well, will this problem go away after the double drop? no it won't but it won't be a big issue and people won't complain as much. i'm not saying that problems like this should be ignored but there's not much that will be done even if there are 2/3 threads complaining about it. so if you need the loot do ask them to stay and likewise, ask people if they need the loot before you leave so you can feel better about yourself.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    BlackAdder wrote: »
    While the double drop would be lovely, if people could actually get the gear that drops, but unfortunately yet another huge problem is frustratingly amplified with the "reward" double drop event. I need higher item level gear to even be able to do SSNM. People who have gear leave the dungeons without rolling. The roll times out, the stuff I needed was behind their roll, and I'm teleported out. Unless I am lucky enough to be able to grab one or two things that may not even be for the class I need in the 1 second before I am automatically teleported out, that loot is gone forever. This has been an ongoing problem, but it is especially bad now. This needs to be fixed very badly in a few ways. This was not as big a deal when you could not use same-name gear for enchantment, but now its even important to be able to pick up items off-class if nobody in the group wants them, so your other classes can use them for enchantment fodder.

1) If someone leaves a party, their remaining rolls automatically should become DROP instead of the ENDLESS TIMER (this right here is why people leave)
    2) if my loot roll is still stuck behind someone else's, and all people eligible for that roll have left, the next loot roll for people still in the dungeon should pop to the front
    3) If everyone leaves, the last person who is there is most likely the one guy who still needed the loot - just GIVE IT ALL TO THEM. MAIL it. Give them time to pick it up. Whatever. Don't teleport them out and leave them without the slaughter gear they really really needed just because everyone else is impatient and rude.

FYI - As soon as all people leave group the last two players goes ffa. IE John and Ted are last two people in group. Ted Leaves. JOhn and Ted can both loot items on the ground as ffa.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Jenieve wrote: »
    FYI - As soon as all people leave group the last two players goes ffa. IE John and Ted are last two people in group. Ted Leaves. JOhn and Ted can both loot items on the ground as ffa.

The OP has said that he knows this, but the problem is that there isn't enough time to loot before getting warped out of the dungeon, even during the FFA mode, since there's so many items.
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    when someone and i are the last remaining two people in the dungeon,
    and one of us leaves the dungeon, there are a few seconds where either of us can grab the loot on the floor before teleporting out.

The extra problem is that the person who successfully picked up the loot during those few seconds still dont always gets it, because
    the chat display those as automatic rolls between you and the other person, and either person can still win the item.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    when someone and i are the last remaining two people in the dungeon,
    and one of us leaves the dungeon, there are a few seconds where either of us can grab the loot on the floor before teleporting out.

The extra problem is that the person who successfully picked up the loot during those few seconds still dont always gets it, because
    the chat display those as automatic rolls between you and the other person, and either person can still win the item.

Yea I seem to have forgotten to mention this too. That is why having 2 ppl in party and then leaving still won't solve the problem. Best is to extend the duration you can remain in the dungeon after you drop from the party to like 30 seconds or 1 minute.
  • Why does it kill the instance if everyone leaves anyway? In FFXIV when the instance is complete and people did speed runs, I would go back and grab the chests they completely ignored, beyond that, if everyone left without rolling, all the items went to the 1 person left. I know things don't just fall on the ground in FFXIV, but it shouldn't kick you out, ot atleast make a 3-4 minute timer once every leaves.