[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Reward Emporium inventory update?

I am just wondering if EME has planed to update the reward emporium with new mounts and cosmetics since the available items for exchange are about a year old or so and I think it would be nice to have more and "newer" goodies available to obtain from there.

Comments

• It's a good idea, and it's been brought up a number of times. There was also a survey sent out not too long ago to get general feedback about the program, but nothing has changed yet. I think the whole program is due for a revamp.
  • Derpybowl wrote: »
    Program doesnt need a revamp its fine as it is.

Here are a list of things that need to change:

1: Shelf surprises changed to sea chests (3/5/7)
    2: Tier 10 slot needs some tradeable goods example: higher quantities of keys/enigmatic scrolls/spellbinds, exclusive costume (not a new costume but something not in tier 2-8 example dyable arin or cat club etc.)
    3: Tier 8 innerwear needs to be replaced with signature innerwear
    4: +9 scroll needs to be upped to tier 10.
    5: MORE SALES AND REWARD CREDIT INCENTIVES! the average player is not enticed to spend which is a big problem seriously.

Elite status is the biggest change that has to happen. More importantly cumulative paid elite status.

Right now you gain 1500 reward xp and 150 credits for paid elite. To entice players to pay cash for elite (even if they have to wait for the $9.99 promo again) the reward xp should be doubled to 3000 and the reward credits should be doubled to 300. Thats the equivalent of getting 30 dollars worth of emp for 15 bucks off promo or 10 bucks on promo.

On top of this there should be a bonus 150 reward xp and 50 reward credits for cumulative months of subscription (up to 5 excluding the 1st month). That means by being subscribed for 6 months you gain 18900 reward xp and 2100 reward credits.

Add in a couple of really good elite exclusive tera store sales and you will be tier 8 (where you get the most out of the reward emporium) in a reasonable time.

im agree with this changes, more for people who paid elite status
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    Derpybowl wrote: »

Here are a list of things that need to change:

1: Shelf surprises changed to sea chests (3/5/7)
    2: Tier 10 slot needs some tradeable goods example: higher quantities of keys/enigmatic scrolls/spellbinds, exclusive costume (not a new costume but something not in tier 2-8 example dyable arin or cat club etc.)
    3: Tier 8 innerwear needs to be replaced with signature innerwear
    4: +9 scroll needs to be upped to tier 10.
    5: MORE SALES AND REWARD CREDIT INCENTIVES! the average player is not enticed to spend which is a big problem seriously.

Elite status is the biggest change that has to happen. More importantly cumulative paid elite status.

Right now you gain 1500 reward xp and 150 credits for paid elite. To entice players to pay cash for elite (even if they have to wait for the $9.99 promo again) the reward xp should be doubled to 3000 and the reward credits should be doubled to 300. Thats the equivalent of getting 30 dollars worth of emp for 15 bucks off promo or 10 bucks on promo.

On top of this there should be a bonus 150 reward xp and 50 reward credits for cumulative months of subscription (up to 5 excluding the 1st month). That means by being subscribed for 6 months you gain 18900 reward xp and 2100 reward credits.

Add in a couple of really good elite exclusive tera store sales and you will be tier 8 (where you get the most out of the reward emporium) in a reasonable time.

I really like the idea of the cumulative elite incentive. I'd be more inclined to buy elite with $$ rather than in-game with gold if there was an incentive like this. As it is now I've been tier 8 since the introduction of the program, I've gained maybe 5% or 10% towards my next level, and it takes it to a level beyond frustrating, to the point of being dissuasive because I honestly don't think if I play another 3 years, I'll even reach tier 9, let alone the mythical tier 10. The rewards program is not an incentive for me to spend a dime, honestly. It's a nice bonus but if anyone ever asked me why I've made a single purchase, the rewards program would never make the list. I'm not saying make it doable in a day but... I mean make it not seem like an impossible goal?

On the topic of tier 10 being mythical, I do agree with how difficult it is to get to tier 10 there should be more better/exclusive rewards available to that tier of player. I think it would be neat to add spectral dragons to the list of mounts available to tier 10 players, as well as the changes mentioned above.

I appreciate the credits and rewards given out on the Tera twitch streams, I enjoy tuning in to see some marvels like the magnificent painting that was done, or spacecats x bandersnatch. I don't have any criticisms about that, I just wanted to throw it out there that I appreciate that they would do that.

iOiQTNa.png
  • edited October 2016
    First of all, I don't necessarily disagree with any of the specific things you proposed (although I'm not convinced that providing more tradeable incentives for tier 10 is completely necessary). That being said, I still don't think it's fine. Here are the problems I have with it:

1. The tiers are way too slanted. The journey from 9 to 10 is the same as the entire journey from 1 to 9. That's crazy. The slant should be more even.

2. The daily rewarding of credits is also too slanted. For the first few tiers you get all of 1 credit a day. By the time you hit tier 9 you get 25, and it jumps to 60 at tier 10. The slant here too should be more even.

3. The ways to earn points in game are way too slow and limited, which again ties to the tiers being so insanely slanted.

4. The only way to earn credits in game is not very fun or well-implemented.

I do understand that Tier 10 is supposed to be something special to reward those who really supported TERA financially, but the whole process should be more progressive, even for people who paid. My proposals would be:

1. Adjusting the point tiers to be more balanced and progressive.
    2. Anything that earns you points in game should also earn you credits in proportion.
    3. Increase the amount of points that can be earned in-game, and increase the daily account cap for credits earned.
    4. Have "double points", "double credits", and "double point cap" events in game frequently (or even on a certain day a week regularly)

And then also things like revamping the emporium store contents, constant rotating sales on the TERA Store, better elite discounts on the store, and so on. Heck, you could combine a lot of these things by just making it so that, if you're an Elite subscriber, everything related to Rewards Points/Credits in-game is doubled. And I also like the idea of embedding some sort of long-term Elite subscriber benefit into this as well somehow.

That said, I do think it's good that they've been giving a way a good amount of points/credits on weekly streams, and that has been a good way of augmenting the limited ways of earning them in-game to some degree.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another item on the #Soon ™ list?
  • edited October 2016
    Aside from that the entire concept of tera rewards is to GET YOU TO SPEND MONEY! which is why I dont care too much on the farming side of things, rather make both EME and the players happy by enticing you to pay cash for elite.

Even as a system to get you to spend money, finally arriving at Tier 9 and it being like "hey, thanks for spending $6,250 on our game! Now, if you spend the same amount again, you'll get to the final tier!" ...is not an incentive.

I would rather they reformulate it so that you can hit the last tier more easily, but they have like "bonus tiers" for every <x> number of points you accumulate after that that provide some sort of bonus (a large bonus gift of credits?). Then Tier 10 itself could actually be made more useful.

I would rather even out the balance between cash shop and in-game farming and then adjust the prices accordingly, while also increasing the variety of items on the emporium substantially to limit devaluing. Or, again, to provide some sort of incentive as you tier up that either puts a bonus on points earned in game or increases the daily cap.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, tier 9 is where the real functionalities end anyways (+3% enchant rate and portable bank). It is easily reachable within a year for someone who's halfway serious about the game.
  • For the record, I completely agree with counterpoint here. I would love to see the system changed for the better. 99% of people I have spoken to have given negative feedback over it.

Would be nice to see the bar actually make progress without doing 7 sets of Island of dawn every day for months to see anything at all!

In short, I am not fond of it and could say more mean things about it, but there is room for some good I think! I like the cosmetics in the later tiers, shame no one really gets to wear them. Fingers crossed for the future!
  • Pixelator wrote: »
    At the moment, tier 9 is where the real functionalities end anyways (+3% enchant rate and portable bank). It is easily reachable within a year for someone who's halfway serious about the game.

If you re-balanced the daily credits so it isn't so slanted (25 vs. 60), then I might be a little bit more inclined to agree that Tier 10 is just "fluff" (just exclusive cosmetics and an extra 25% bonus XP). But I would rather see the final tier be more accessible and also more useful (and then provide an incentive for people who keep earning beyond that even if there are no more tiers).
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Tier10 really isn't all it's hyped up to be- as Pixelator said, T9 is pretty much the real goal.

T10 in the emporium gives you access to some extremely overpriced cosmetics or mounts, each of which is useable on ONLY ONE character. They are not account-bound and as such, considering the amount of credits they cost, no-one is going to be insane enough to buy more than one, if even that.

I very much like the idea of cumulative rewards for people who maintain their subscription. I've brought up a number of things I would like to see changed about the Loyalty Rewards Program in the past, specifically the fact that it doesn't really reward loyalty.

The contents should be updated more frequently- at the very least every time we get a new major patch. Sea Chests however should never be added to it, as this would only further reinforce the 'p2w' mentality players have towards it, and I don't believe the T10 shelf needs anything tradeable, just things that actually feel like -rewards- for reaching it. Darkan's Wings being account-bound and granting the ability to fly with any mount, for example...

I agree with everything Counterpoint has said, and I don't think anything else really needs to be brought up again, as we've said it many times before now, too. In parting though, I will give some advice for anyone that has Tier 6 or 7 and is having trouble doing their Crucible of Fame daily (6 and 7 are the hardest version of CoF, it was easier from 5 or below and is easiest at 8 or above)- if you have a level 65 Mystic, run CoF on that. Summon the Thrall of Protection before you start, glyph Thrall of Vengeance for duration and summon it on the npc right before you lose your normal skillbar.
  • Last 2 times that the Unity Stole scarf was available I missed my chance, and when the reward system came out people were saying it was on the loot table, I wasted around 8k credits trying to get it by refreshing the shop... Still waiting until today for a way of getting it.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Arrise wrote: »
    Would be nice to see the bar actually make progress without doing 7 sets of Island of dawn every day for months to see anything at all!
    Well, there's no better time than now to do that, since there's nothing worth running. Better build your reward tiers for future content than sit around Highwatch all day, I would say.
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    Mahavala wrote: »
    Last 2 times that the Unity Stole scarf was available I missed my chance, and when the reward system came out people were saying it was on the loot table, I wasted around 8k credits trying to get it by refreshing the shop... Still waiting until today for a way of getting it.

Whoever told you that unity stole was in reward emporium was wrong. Cheery and Snowy winter scarf are in emporium however.

I think adding unity and bruiseweave stoles to the emporium would be a great addition honestly, especially since you can't trade them.
  • To be honest I just wish they put the blackguard leathers, castanica demons/jeans and jacket or dyeable sweet beats in the emporium for tier 6. Many of the changes you guys suggest are also great.