[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

sadness of a 200+ ping player

can somebody tell bhs to increase the maximum time gap allowed between chaining skills so us higher ping players can actually play all the classes we want instead of being locked out of like half the classes if not more? i simply cant chain any skills on my reaper, lancer or warrior at all cus of my ping. such a change wont hunt the balance(like bhs ever really cared about it in the past) but it will allow players like my ping to actually play such classes that require extensive chaining.

Comments

• i understand your pain but they wont do anything about it...unfortunately...quit or deal it (i play 180 btw).....koreans play with 30 ping tops, so they dont know what high ping is like
  • ChocobananaChocobanana ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Even more sad how those players with 50 ms think only 1 skill is affected by your high ping.. like if you're archer they believe just Rapid Fire gonna be "slow" when the delay affect even your movement, basically even talk to a npc and wait them to answer you is delayed (but that's irrelevant, just using as example) i can't be mama in Kumas becos i see people shooting or hitting my shadow and i get the dmg lmao.

I've 240-280ms always but i've all the classes (no reaper or ninja) i tried to play them all seriously and i gave up on zerker, warrior and lancer becos the delay affect you too much in the skills response and you just win stress after doing sshm or something like that.. all my others char i can play them ok with patience or better than those 3 i mentioned before at least.

As NikoB said, just try to learn that class, try to play it the best you can with your ping and be happy or you'll end quitting soon.
  • Just don't play the game when you have 200ms. Find something else to do. Nothing can help you.
  • VirtualON wrote: »
    Just don't play the game when you have 200ms. Find something else to do. Nothing can help you.

Yea all those people with 200+ ms should quit TERA so EME close the servers because 50% of the players quitted after reading your good advice =) .
  • ZeinsuZeinsu ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    can somebody tell bhs to increase the maximum time gap allowed between chaining skills so us higher ping players can actually play all the classes we want instead of being locked out of like half the classes if not more? i simply cant chain any skills on my reaper, lancer or warrior at all cus of my ping. such a change wont hunt the balance(like bhs ever really cared about it in the past) but it will allow players like my ping to actually play such classes that require extensive chaining.

Uh what? I play both warrior and reaper. I've mained reaper for about 3 months max and I do above the standard of dps (at least I like to think so) with 200 ping. The only issue is if your ping is 240+ the second pop of shadow burst won't come out, so unless I spike I always get the second pop of shadow burst at 200-230 ping. I normally do 1m/s+ and started doing 1.4m/s+ at bosses like SSHM's pahoegar. I chain my skills just fine on reaper. I can provide proof of my parses if you'd like.

As for warrior, I can see the issues there with desync and ping actually affecting your dps. But I personally know of a couple 200+ ping warriors that do decently well. However, if you're after 3m/s, 2.5/s etc on the norm for perfect play don't bother with 200 ping.
  • RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    either
    1) start playing a more ping friendly class. sorc and slayer may be a bit more friendly because of the long animations and fewer chains. or play healer.
    2) try a private VPN or swap internet providers (if you have $$$). i know some people from brazil who get 150 ping
    3) suck it up and stop trying to compare yourself to a low ping player. play the game for fun.
  • I've played with 200+ ping regularly and It's a constant challange to make things work in your favor skill-wise and class-wise. There are plenty of ways to manage your skills with high ping, it just depends on how you play it.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    If you meant chaining as in the "spacebar" chains then i suggest getting rid of it and use keybinds for skills instead (i.e. git gud).

If, however, you meant the time allowed for the next skill used to be considered a chain, then yes it could use some improvement for classes like warrior/lancer.
    But for reaper? I don't think so, since I think the chaining is still good enough for 200 ping.

This is coming from a player who has played all classes with 250 ping.
  • RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    allowing the time gap would be a mistake. rather than chaining 1 skill to the next, it would cancel the first skill.
    example:

cancelling your grim strike because you spacebar too fast
    cancelling your heart thrust because you spacebar too fast
    cancelling your metamorphic blast because you mashed the 1 key too fast
    cancelling your <insert 1 button class skill here> because you pressed buttons too fast
  • Aussie player, 200+ ping constantly. I've legitimately never had an issue with ping. I honestly can't see what people are complaining about.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Played 250 MS ping since day one I played tera NA. I use to play in EU and my ping there was like 500+
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

i thought you are a gunner ;)
  • mollyyamollyya ✭✭✭
    Silvador wrote: »
    Aussie player, 200+ ping constantly. I've legitimately never had an issue with ping. I honestly can't see what people are complaining about.

Because you don't have a game experience with low ping like it should be. If you feel no problem with your ping and still play well. You will play significantly better with low ping and probably be the top players on NA server.
  • mollyya wrote: »
    Silvador wrote: »
    Aussie player, 200+ ping constantly. I've legitimately never had an issue with ping. I honestly can't see what people are complaining about.

Because you don't have a game experience with low ping like it should be. If you feel no problem with your ping and still play well. You will play significantly better with low ping and probably be the top players on NA server.

I wonder what will happen to my ping once fibre #@$@$!ing finally gets to my area...
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    SEA players be like: 200-400 ms ping, no problem.
    O3wjfZ9.jpg

Sure we have to say goodbye to those ping demanding classes like lancer, warrior or zerk but I knew some out there who have high ping but does excellent. Maybe not good enough as you all who's have 0-50 ms ping but, we have fun. That's all matter.