[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Question on server transfer between publishers

Greetings,
Currenly I am on the NA server for Tera but there is a decent chance that in the new few years I will be overseas in Japan. The specific information I am looking for is not listed from what I can find. What I am curious about is if I can transfer my account to that publisher or if I would still have to play from Japan on the NA servers?

Comments

• next* few years
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    No. Different publishers means a lot.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    musetwo wrote: »
    Greetings,
    Currenly I am on the NA server for Tera but there is a decent chance that in the new few years I will be overseas in Japan. The specific information I am looking for is not listed from what I can find. What I am curious about is if I can transfer my account to that publisher or if I would still have to play from Japan on the NA servers?

why worry if it is only in 3 years you move to japan ? :3
  • I am not worried I just want to know.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different publishers don't really work together, so you would have to start over or play with the higher ping.
  • Thanks for the info.
  • Chances are you would quit tera before you move to Japan, it's next few years after all.
  • canikizu wrote: »
    Chances are you would quit tera before you move to Japan, it's next few years after all.

Probably not honestly, I have been playing Tera since closed beta :awesome:
    I have been a gamer my entire life and I don't see that or my like for Tera going anywhere.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it is possible than tera close before you quit to japan :)
  • vkobe wrote: »
    well it is possible than tera close before you quit to japan :)

unlikely but yes that is a possibility. :pleased:
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Afaik your japanese IP will be blocked. You'd have to use a workaround for that.

As already stated, transfering from publisher to another is not possible despite highly asked for, especially EU to NA. Publishers are even competitors as could be seen in e.g. the steam incident (EU vs. NA).

You may not listen to certain forum posters as they are sulking already for months/years that Tera is dying. If Tera is dying, it is dying. No use sulking.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Afaik your japanese IP will be blocked. You'd have to use a workaround for that.

As already stated, transfering from publisher to another is not possible despite highly asked for, especially EU to NA. Publishers are even competitors as could be seen in e.g. the steam incident (EU vs. NA).

You may not listen to certain forum posters as they are sulking already for months/years that Tera is dying. If Tera is dying, it is dying. No use sulking.

This is correct. Japan IPs are blocked from playing on NA TERA because that playerbase is supposed to play on JTERA.

Obviously there are ways around IP block, but your ping will still be terrible.
  • Afaik your japanese IP will be blocked. You'd have to use a workaround for that.

actually people have been saying Tera is dying!!! "THIS IS THE END OF TERA!!!!" and other such things since like 2012 just a year after the release. It may be dying in the minds of those players but it is hardly dead or even close to dead. Thanks for the info by the way. I guess I was concerned about if IP blocking would be an issue. Guess I will have find a work around when the time comes. Assuming Tera isn't dead :confounded: